Vince Young and the Wonderlic

Maybe his next career will be making Guiness commercials.

Brilliant!

612082[/snapback]

Well, a fourth grader could get a 6 on that test. Vince is going to fall and fall and keep falling because you can't be a dumbbell and be a qb in the NFL.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a good thing alot of these guys are football players because there aren't enough broom pushing jobs available for people with their skill sets.

612079[/snapback]

They could bounce at bars, but then they would need someone else to proof ID's for them.

As stated in another thread...

Apparently, it's much ado about nothing. After taking the test, Young was asked by reporters how he got a six and he said, "I felt I was rushed. So I ran around the questions and avoided them rather than trying to complete them. Why? I can't do that in the NFL?"

612100[/snapback]

Will he be able to gragitate college?

A couple years ago, there was a link to the Wonderlic....and it isn't that hard a test.  I can't believe that any functional adult would get fewer than 50% correct.

612072[/snapback]

Except there is a time limit. I've taken it, and there is a big difference between sitting in fron of your computer looking at the ESPN "sample" and taking the full test in a testing enviroment.

Except there is a time limit. I've taken it, and there is a big difference between sitting in fron of your computer looking at the ESPN "sample" and taking the full test in a testing enviroment.

612118[/snapback]

Please explain what a 6 means then.

What type of questions did he get correct?

This was reported by Pro Football Talk.com

ProFootballTalk.com

I'll believe it when I see it on a source that ISN'T known for stirring up sh-- and faulty rumors.

Until then, this is a non-issue.

612029[/snapback]

Still nothing more than a rumor, but from KFFL:

NCAA | V. Young scores low on Wonderlic test

Sun, 26 Feb 2006 14:11:01 -0800

Mark Curnutte, of the Cincinnati Enquirer, reports there was word around the NFL Combine that Texas QB Vince Young scored a six on his Wonderlic test and scored another six on his second attempt at the test.

612118[/snapback]

Wouldn't matter, unless the time limit is about 3 minutes. No one with a college degree should miss more than one or two of the 15 sample questions.

I'd love to take it. I guarantee I'd score over 30 even with a wicked hangover. Someone set it up.

Still nothing more than a rumor, but from KFFL:

NCAA | V. Young scores low on Wonderlic test

Sun, 26 Feb 2006 14:11:01 -0800

Mark Curnutte, of the Cincinnati Enquirer, reports there was word around the NFL Combine that Texas QB Vince Young scored a six on his Wonderlic test and scored another six on his second attempt at the test.

612209[/snapback]

Yeah, I'll give that much more creedence then PFT.com.

Hopefully its not true. :D

What do you guys expect from a guy who Tattoed his name across his BACK!?

Saw the combine shot where they were measuring him, and i'll be damned. A great big V. Young across his Shoulders. Not bad if he wasn't shirtless at the time....

What do you guys expect from a guy who Tattoed his name across his BACK!?

Saw the combine shot where they were measuring him, and i'll be damned. A great big V. Young across his Shoulders. Not bad if he wasn't shirtless at the time....

612225[/snapback]

:rolleyes: What do Tats have to do with a man's intelligence?

It is hard to imagine a college graduate not getting 100% on this test. It is hard to imagine a high school student getting Bs in regular courses not getting 100% on this test.

I think the problem is more one of functional illiteracy than it is of low IQ...although there could be both factors present.

Football players.....the dumbest/least well educated of all athletes??

Wouldn't matter, unless the time limit is about 3 minutes.  No one with a college degree should miss more than one or two of the 15 sample questions. 

I'd love to take it.  I guarantee I'd score over 30 even with a wicked hangover.  Someone set it up.

612216[/snapback]

For the full test, it's 50 questions in 12 minutes, about 15 seconds per question. So the samples of 15 questions floating around the internet would have to be done in 3 minutes, 45 seconds. And the problem is, that these same 15 questions show up every year around Wonderlic Results time. So even though you might think you're seeing them for the first time, you've actually saw them last year, and the year before that, and the year before that......

As for setting up a TBD Wonderlic test, I did contact them a couple years ago, and because TBD is not a business, they did not want to do anything with me. But if it was possible, I'd definitely do it.

Well, a fourth grader could get a 6 on that test.  Vince is going to fall and fall and keep falling because you can't be a dumbbell and be a qb in the NFL.

612089[/snapback]

And to think, Terry Bradshaw has four rings...

I am not sure how much creedence to put in this story, as it is from his agent, but it says he got a 16 on his second try (or perhaps third or fourth). Again, I am waiting for further evidence.

NCAA | Agent speaks about Young's Wonderlic score

Mon, 27 Feb 2006 05:54:58 -0800

John McClain, of the Houston Chronicle, reports Saturday, Feb. 25 a rumor that Texas QB Vince Young had scored a six on the Wonderlic test sent shock waves through the NFL Combine. Sunday, Feb. 26, the Combine said the test score of six that was being reported by some media outlets was false. Young took the test again and scored 16. According to Young's agent, Major Adams, the Sunday test was administered by Jeff Foster, executive director of National Scouting Combine. "The combine officials assured us that score (six) was false and that the accurate score will be known when the combine results are given to each team," Adams said. Wonderlic scores are supposed to be confidential and are never confirmed publicly by the NFL, because they are included in Combine results given to teams after the Combine, scores leak out. Prospects can take the Wonderlic tests as many times as they want. While Young's Wonderlic tests created a huge controversy, he was busy interviewing with different teams.