I dont venture over here much

illiterate who does not follow ever issue.....doesnt know everything about either guy who wants to be President.....and dont really consider myself in any party.....so I guess I would just consider myself a average citizen....

But does it bother anyone else that when you hear Kerry talk....his idea of winning the presidency is talking about his questionable military service.....and how he WOULDN"T do the things Bush did as his primary campaign?

Kerry...I dont want to hear about what you wouldn't do.....I want to hear about what you WILL do if you are elected.

You see....to me the way Kerry acts he doesn't have any respect for anything.....fighting the war on terror is something never tried before in our history......has Bush made mistakes? YES.....but this whole "well I wouldn't do those things".....you do you KNOW you woudn't do those things if in the same situation with the same information?

Or is it something WORSE then that.....does Kerry say this because he probably WOULDN"T fight the war on terror.....and simply kiss the @ss of the people who want to kill us in hopes that they wont do it again.

I say this as a veteran of the US Air Force and served during the first Gulf War....I have lost friends in the fighting going on right now.....but I dont blame the President for it......

Well...you're likely to get a bunch of different answers to that.

There's basically four different groups of people on the issue. Two of them are the extremists...those that would vote for Kerry or Bush even if they were murderous cannibals, simply because they always blindly vote the party line.

The other two groups actually have some common ground: they realize that both candidates are idiots. The point of argument between the two is which, precisely, is the bigger idiot. I'm with you, in that I think it's Kerry. I can understand the point of view where people think Bush is the bigger idiot, however (If the Democratic Party had put a candidate on the ballot that I thought was even remotely viable, I'd have voted for him.)

But basically, I haven't yet seen a true Kerry supporter who 1) can explain exactly what he plans to do, and 2) isn't a blind partisan anyway.

illiterate who does not follow ever issue.....doesnt know everything about either guy who wants to be President.....and dont really consider myself in any party.....so I guess I would just consider myself a average citizen....

But does it bother anyone else that when you hear Kerry talk....his idea of winning the presidency is talking about his questionable military service.....and how he WOULDN"T do the things Bush did as his primary campaign?

It doesn't bother me because his service is not questionable, but well documented (unlike someone else running). You don't pay attention, but then you pay just enough attention the buy into the Bush attacks on Kerry? If you want to know the facts, then you do have to take the time to find out the facts. Kerry has given specific plans on how he would deal with both Iraq, and how he would deal with the war on terrorism. All you have to do is take the time to look them up on his website or listen to his speeches, two of which this week specifically targeted those issues. Unless perhaps you don't want your preceptions to be challenged.

It doesn't bother me because his service is not questionable, but well documented (unlike someone else running).  You don't pay attention, but then you pay just enough attention the buy into the Bush attacks on Kerry?  If you want to know the facts, then you do have to take the time to find out the facts.  Kerry has given specific plans on how he would deal with both Iraq, and how he would deal with the war on terrorism.  All you have to do is take the time to look them up on his website or listen to his speeches, two of which this week specifically targeted those issues.  Unless perhaps you don't want your preceptions to be challenged.

44817[/snapback]

I am looking at this as a undecided average citizen....and am not for Bush....I call it like I see it.....I have heard some of the stuff John Kerry is talking about....and you know what it sounds like to me? "Well...I would do this now because of the mistake Bush made"

In order to know a mistake was made you must first have a BAROMETER to measure it by......and since we have never fought the war on terror in this capacity we DONT HAVE THAT.....

The plans that Kerry comes up with are vague as in not specific.....

I personally dont like either candidate that much....if the democrats came up with somebody who could show respect for what HAS been accomplished so far but could explan (and I mean in detail...not a fricken flowerly theory) I would probably get behind that......right now I am kind of the opinion that the devil you know is better then the one you dont........

Just wait for the debates, if you want to see Kerry stutter. He'll have to read his notes very quickly to see where he actually stands on issues .

Talking about his war record for months has him ill-prepared for debating anything more than his menu selection for dinner. The Dems completely tossed away any chance of getting out a message.

I'm sure they can give a quick call to Michael Moore and his Hollywood Lib friends for a last ditch, desperate Prime Time Special. " Tree Huggers For Kerry ! "

Just wait for the debates, if you want to see Kerry stutter. He'll have to read his notes very quickly to see where he actually stands on issues .

Talking about his war record for months has him ill-prepared for debating anything more than his menu selection for dinner. The Dems completely tossed away any chance of getting out a message.

One of the few things Republicans seem to respect Kerry for is his debating skills. He is not going to stutter in the debates, he will be highly polished. One risk he runs is coming off as arrogant as Gore did in the 2000 debates. The other risk that Republicans need to have a ready response team in place for is that he says things to sound good in the debate that completely contradict his record.

It doesn't bother me because his service is not questionable, but well documented (unlike someone else running).  You don't pay attention, but then you pay just enough attention the buy into the Bush attacks on Kerry?  If you want to know the facts, then you do have to take the time to find out the facts.  Kerry has given specific plans on how he would deal with both Iraq, and how he would deal with the war on terrorism.  All you have to do is take the time to look them up on his website or listen to his speeches, two of which this week specifically targeted those issues.  Unless perhaps you don't want your preceptions to be challenged.

44817[/snapback]

Oh, man. Look. His service is questionable. So is Bush's. Know why they're questionable? Because people are questioning them. That makes the service questionable.

And I'm afraid the guy from Hemet raises some very good points and instead of giving him a good story about Kerry, you bitchslap Bush, blame the guy from Hemet for not trying hard enough, and then send him to Kerry's website.

In reality, he IS trying hard enough. That's why he's here. To ask questions. And what's the first thing you do? Tell him...."You know what you're problem is? You don't try hard enough to seek answers."

And let me add this, as a person who has spent virtually his entire life in marketing: With an audience this large, with such a short attention span, you highlight your strengths in sound bites and you bury your weaknesses where few people will find them.

You think Tom TV is going to johnkerry.com because he's up for surfing his way through pages of crap just to find out how Kerry feels about gun control? You think he's going over to georgewbush.com to find out what our president thinks about the economy?

Please. It sounds good, but the truth is, presidential websites are a great place to throw people off course. People hear what they hear on the news...they scan the headlines when they pick up the paper. And then they make a decision as long as is doesn't take time away from the next episode of "Survivor."

Thank God people like the guy from Hemet at least came here looking for answers. Nice job trying to convert him over to your product.

Well...you're likely to get a bunch of different answers to that.

There's basically four different groups of people on the issue.  Two of them are the extremists...those that would vote for Kerry or Bush even if they were murderous cannibals, simply because they always blindly vote the party line.

The other two groups actually have some common ground: they realize that both candidates are idiots.  The point of argument between the two is which, precisely, is the bigger idiot.  I'm with you, in that I think it's Kerry.  I can understand the point of view where people think Bush is the bigger idiot, however (If the Democratic Party had put a candidate on the ballot that I thought was even remotely viable, I'd have voted for him.) 

But basically, I haven't yet seen a true Kerry supporter who 1) can explain exactly what he plans to do, and 2) isn't a blind partisan anyway.

44620[/snapback]

If you must group people, then there are at least six groups. Because there are those who are NOT lemmings and who also know their candidate is NOT an idiot. This is not an election where all we have to choose from is the lesser of two evils.

There are many threads where I already enumerated the reasons I will vote FOR GWB and none of the reasons make me a lemming. And just because I'm voting for the guy who holds positions and values that I agree with does not make me an extremist.

I'm sure that GWB has done a miserable job and probably cost more American lives in unnecessary adventures (Iraq) than Osama Bin Laden. I'm sure he has screwed up the peace process even more than he screwed up the war process. I'm sure all hell is going to break loose if he wins the election.

That being said, I'm not hearing much from Kerry. I expect to get a better sense of his plans for dealing with terrorism and Bush's mess in Iraq at the debate. I think if he wants to win this election he had better explain his position, his plans and his foreign policy verrrrrry specifically in this first debate. Otherwise he'll have the distinction of losing to the worst president in American history, and we'll be stuck with a war that will make Vietnam seem like the invasion of Grenada.

If you must group people, then there are at least six groups.  Because there are those who are NOT lemmings and who also know their candidate is NOT an idiot.  This is not an election where all we have to choose from is the lesser of two evils.

There are many threads where I already enumerated the reasons I will vote FOR GWB and none of the reasons make me a lemming.  And just because I'm voting for the guy who holds positions and values that I agree with does not make me an extremist.

45152[/snapback]

Point taken.

Of course, that makes you a "group" of one person... <_<

John,

I think an important question to ask you first is, what are your sources of news? If you are a FOX news watcher, you are going to get a very biased view of Kerry. Not saying that I support Kerry, but I have read and seen him give (parts of) speeches about different issues. I'm sure FOX paints him one way only, just like they paint Bush with one brush.

Personally, I am not voting for either candidate.

John,

I think an important question to ask you first is, what are your sources of news?  If you are a FOX news watcher, you are going to get a very biased view of Kerry.  Not saying that I support Kerry, but I have read and seen him give (parts of) speeches about different issues.  I'm sure FOX paints him one way only, just like they paint Bush with one brush.

Personally, I am not voting for either candidate.

45477[/snapback]

Hold on one second TPS......

Hey Paco....its ok for you to call me JOHN.... :D

TPS....I read the newspaper.....listen to the radio....and watch fox news.....

I actually hear all different kinds.....I even listen to Michael Savage

You think the death count in Iraq will eventually surpass 56,000?

45438[/snapback]

Maybe, maybe not.

The number of seriously injured soldiers is over 7,000.

Times have changed, technology in the medical field is better.

I don't think you can look at numbers the same way from era to era. The way we are innvolved is different.

Something is amiss when only 250 die in "major combant operations" and after that another 800 die in the last year and a half.

God only help us if these numbers start growing exponentially.

If Bush gets re-elected I see a draft in the future.

There is no way it is happening under Kerry.

Maybe, maybe not.

The number of seriously injured soldiers is over 7,000.

Times have changed, technology in the medical field is better.

I don't think you can look at numbers the same way from era to era.  The way we are innvolved is different.

Something is amiss when only 250 die in "major combant operations" and after that another 800 die in the last year and a half.

God only help us if these numbers start growing exponentially.

49649[/snapback]

Draft?

49649[/snapback]

I Kerry gets elected, I see him eating babies for breakfast every morning.

There is no way that would happen under Bush.

See, I can make stupid, unfounded claims that have no basis in reality too.