8 co-workers win PowerBall

diver

Group tickets can be fun...

We would print a giant grid of the numbers we had,, then laugh and / or cry when only 2 out of the whole batch were chosen...This was years ago when we had several peeps to pitch in...Now there are not that many co-workers as the ranks have been thinned....

Does anyone play Powerball with a pool of Co-workers?  I tried it once for a few months. but usually just buy tickets myself.

608729[/snapback]

Six or seven years ago, me and 4 other barflies drew up a contract and pooled some $$$ for Ohio Pick-3, Powerball, OH SuperLotto, Pick 5.

Ran it for about a year - 50 bucks per month regardless of winnings - disbursement if the accumulated pot reached 500 bucks, but regardless, all members had to kick in the 50 bucks to keep the pool in busuness and able to buy tix.

Bottom line: After a year, we netted nothing. But our winnings served to enable us to bet at an approximate 40% discount.

Our contract was a good one too. Say we hit an OH Pick-5 for 10K. whoever turned it in would be taxed on the winnings. So the member payout would not be 2K each - it would be pro-rated so as to not stick the claimant of record with the tax bite.

7 meatpackers to woman winner..."Let's bring our work home tonight to celebrate..." :w00t:

608792[/snapback]

For some reason, this meat-packing thing reminded me of this old pickle factory joke:

Bill worked in a pickle factory. He had been employed there for a number of years when he came home one day to confess to his wife that he had a terrible compulsion. He had an urge to stick his penis into the pickle slicer. His wife suggested that he should see a sex therapist to talk about it, but Bill said he would be too embarrassed.

He vowed to overcome the compulsion on his own.

One day a few weeks later, Bill came home. His wife could see at once that something was seriously wrong.

"What's wrong, Bill?" she asked.

"Do you remember that I told you how I had this tremendous urge to put my penis into the pickle slicer?"

"Oh, Bill, you didn't!" she exclaimed.

"Yes, I did." he replied.

"My God, Bill, what happened?"

"I got fired."

"No, Bill. I mean, what happened with the pickle slicer?"

"Oh... she got fired too."

For some reason, this meat-packing thing reminded me of this old pickle factory joke:

Bill worked in a pickle factory. He had been employed there for a number of years when he came home one day to confess to his wife that he had a terrible compulsion. He had an urge to stick his penis into the pickle slicer. His wife suggested that he should see a sex therapist to talk about it, but Bill said he would be too embarrassed.

One day a few weeks later, Bill came home. His wife could see at once that something was seriously wrong.

"Do you remember that I told you how I had this tremendous urge to put my penis into the pickle slicer?"

"I got fired."

608811[/snapback]

:w00t::w00t:

Yes! A classic!

"I got fired."

608811[/snapback]

I wonder if that's the pickle juice BF was talking about in his retatta recipe. Kind of makes me want to barf just thinking about it.