BEST RAP ARTIST OF ALL TIME

bbh10128

..... BUT IS THE GREATEST RAP ARTIST EVER?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. ..... BUT IS THE GREATEST RAP ARTIST EVER?

• JAY Z
    • BIGGIE
    • DR. DRE
    • LI'L KIM
    • FOXIE BROWN
    • NAS
    • SNOOP DOGGIE DOG
    • DMX
    • EMINEM
    • NELLY
    • TUPAC
    • 50 CENT
    • EZ E
    • OTHER (SPECIFY)

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you don't have "Krazee-Eyes Killah" on the list, then how can I take this seriously?

606918[/snapback]

:devil: Are you my caucasian?

"I would lose the "mother!@#$er" at the end. Because you've already said !@#$ once, you don't need two !@#$s. You've already got the one !@#$. I would change the "mother!@#$er" to "B word". Yes, because B word is a term you use to someone you disrespect. Right? Isn't that so? "

To me the quinticental list goes something like this:

Jay-Z

NAS

Snoop

LL Cool J

Ice Cube

Ice-T

Biggie

Tupac

Chuck D

Kurtis Blow

Slick Rick

Ludacris

Eminem

Doug E Fresh

I know I'm forgetting a lot of Old School Stuff...

606775[/snapback]

You forgot the Ruler.

Rakim.

And today's best is MF Doom, no contest.

I just discovered MF Doom through his contribution on Gorillaz' Demon Days and his collaboration with Danger Mouse.  I haven't had a chance to check out his older stuff, though.  If I like DangerDoom, will I like MF Doom's solo stuff just as good?

606942[/snapback]

Yes, even better.

Try MadVillainy (his collab with Madlib) and Mmmm... Food.

He also does a pretty sick cut on the new Wu Tang "Think Differently" record and is supposedly working on a teamup with Ghostface.

No LL?  Ladies Love Cool James

606764[/snapback]

LL is the greatest talent and should be the Michael Jordan of rap, but he's wasted it. Pains me to think about it actually. But due to longevity, and the fact that he's still younger than most of those flashes in the pan on that list, he's the GOAT.

1. 2pac - Simply put the greatest rapper ever. No one imo could touch him lyrically, touched every range of emotion better then anyone. From caring in songs like Dear Mama, Keep your head up to to having fun in songs like I get around. To Gangsta in songs like Bomb First, Troublesome 96 etc. It's true when you die and you happen to be a musican you become more popular, but imo his songs relate to a lot of the issues today within urban society.

2. Biggie

3. Nas

4. Big L

5. Sticky Fingaz

6. NWA

7. Public Enemy

8. Eminem

9. Bone Thugs

10. Lost Boys

1. 2pac - Simply put the greatest rapper ever.  No one imo could touch him lyrically, touched every range of emotion better then anyone. From caring in songs like Dear Mama, Keep your head up to to having fun in songs like I get around.  To Gangsta in songs like Bomb First, Troublesome 96 etc.  It's true when you die and you happen to be a musican you become more popular, but imo his songs relate to a lot of the issues today within urban society.

2. Biggie

3. Nas

4. Big L

5. Sticky Fingaz

6. NWA

7. Public Enemy

8. Eminem

9. Bone Thugs

10. Lost Boys

606977[/snapback]

NICE LIST, I ALSO THINK "TOO SHORT" DESERVES AN HONORABLE MENTION BUT IT'S A MATTER OF OPINION. DIDNT PUT TS ON LIST BECAUSE IM SURE MOST WOULD HAVE THOUGHT HE WAS OUT OF PLACE

I personally like Dre.

Although, I can't believe there's no Ice Cube, LL, or Ice-T......

606767[/snapback]

I like Dre too. But you're right. LL was great back in the day and Ice Cub and Ice T were too before they went on to successful acting careers.

But for my money 2PAC was the best. "I got nothin' but luv for ya. I ain't mad at cha." :devil: