Grisly Photos

Chef Jim

Really, though, I'm confused by this. These are pictures of something that happened three years ago, that people are already serving time for.

So what, exactly, is the story here? "Hey, remember this? We have more pictures!" Or is it "Hey, Muslims...you thought you were pissed off over cartoons? Look at this! Now go torch the nearest American consulate!"

Really...why the hell is this a story again? :doh:

Really, though, I'm confused by this.  These are pictures of something that happened three years ago, that people are already serving time for. 

So what, exactly, is the story here?  "Hey, remember this?  We have more pictures!"  Or is it "Hey, Muslims...you thought you were pissed off over cartoons?  Look at this!  Now go torch the nearest American consulate!"

Really...why the hell is this a story again:doh:

604396[/snapback]

Three years is a lifetime for modern press. You know why.

Really, though, I'm confused by this.  These are pictures of something that happened three years ago, that people are already serving time for. 

So what, exactly, is the story here?  "Hey, remember this?  We have more pictures!"  Or is it "Hey, Muslims...you thought you were pissed off over cartoons?  Look at this!  Now go torch the nearest American consulate!"

Really...why the hell is this a story again:doh:

604396[/snapback]

Gotta love the press. Brave enough to show pictures of US troops at their worst....and terrified of printing cartoons from Denmark that are apparently causing riots worldwide.

My guess is they whip out a couple new AG pictures a year for the rest of my life. You know, to show us who the "real terrorists" are.....

Gotta love the press.  Brave enough to show pictures of US troops at their worst....and terrified of printing cartoons from Denmark that are apparently causing riots worldwide.

My guess is they whip out a couple new AG pictures a year for the rest of my life. You know, to show us who the "real terrorists" are.....

604417[/snapback]

AMEN!

Did you guys not read the story that was linked?

"The program did not show all of the pictures. It deemed some of them too graphic for air, Carey said.

Among the images broadcast were pictures of naked men who appeared to have suffered physical trauma, one of whom the report said had 11 nonlethal bullet wounds in his buttocks.

Other pictures show corpses, one of which the program said a U.S. Army report identified as one of three men killed during a riot over living conditions at the prison.

According to the TV report, two Abu Ghraib soldiers said that guards were ordered to use lethal rounds on prisoners after they ran out of rubber bullets trying to halt the riot.

One image depicts two women described by a guard to "Dateline" as prostitutes held at the prison for two days. In one picture, the breasts of one of the women are exposed.

Another grisly image shows a corpse that appears to have had a section torn from its head, while another one features a man whose arms are covered in purple bruises.

Also broadcast was video that appears to show a prisoner -- handcuffed to a metal door -- repeatedly slamming his head full force against the door. Though the guards appear to have videotaped the incident from several vantage points, no one is seen intervening to stop the prisoner.

The network said the man allegedly had mental problems and frequently covered himself in feces, but he was not given any psychiatric care."

Fraternity prank? What freak show fraternity were you guys in?

Among the images broadcast were pictures of naked men who appeared to have suffered physical trauma, one of whom the report said had 11 nonlethal bullet wounds in his buttocks.

Aha. It was Cheney, then.

11 nonlethal bullet wounds in his buttocks.

Other pictures show corpses, one of which the program said a U.S. Army report identified as one of three men killed during a riot over living conditions at the prison.

According to the TV report, two Abu Ghraib soldiers said that guards were ordered to use lethal rounds on prisoners after they ran out of rubber bullets trying to halt the riot.

One image depicts two women described by a guard to "Dateline" as prostitutes held at the prison for two days. In one picture, the breasts of one of the women are exposed.  :P

Another grisly image shows a corpse that appears to have had a section torn from its head, while another one features a man whose arms are covered in purple bruises:doh:

Also broadcast was video that appears to show a prisoner -- handcuffed to a metal door -- repeatedly slamming his head full force against the door. Though the guards appear to have videotaped the incident from several vantage points, no one is seen intervening to stop the prisoner.

The network said the man allegedly had mental problems and frequently covered himself in feces, but he was not given any psychiatric care."

Fraternity prank?  What freak show fraternity were you guys in?

604466[/snapback]

There...I fixed the "bold".

Gotta love the press.  Brave enough to show pictures of US troops at their worst....and terrified of printing cartoons from Denmark that are apparently causing riots worldwide.

604417[/snapback]

I've seen that cartoon all over. In Europe, many papers reprinted it as a show of solidarity.

And the AG pictures are newsworthy. They are some of the pictures that didn't surface before. The story's impact has diminished over time, but it's still a story.

And as to the "real" terrorists, I didn't realize that the AG torture scenes were of US soldiers torturing terrorists. I thought they were of US soldiers acting like monsters to POWs--something we would not want done to our own.