The FBI should be all over the SB investigation!

Pete

It seems like the outrage over the favortism bestowed upon Pittsburgh is quieting- no !@#$ing way should it! The FBI should investigate. It reaks of a fix. If so it would be one of the biggest scandals in American history. Billions and billions of dollars are bet on the Superbowl. I cannot beleive the NFL has yet to make a statement. I am pretty damn sure the refs threw the "just give it to them" Bills-Pats game. I am damn near postive the refs fixed this game. Let the investigation begin! Let the heads roll!

stop with the nonsense..please I cannot take this anymore...the refs made some bad calls..deal with it...if Seattle did not have their head up their asses for 80% of the game, they would have blown Pitt off the field..DJax DID push off...it was right in front of the ref..if it is not called..Pitt fans go nuts...what about the J Stevens no fumble call????? to suggest that the refs fixed this game AND the FBI should get involved is laughable...

not at all.  Would you like some sarcasm?  The refs played no factor in the outcome of the game on Sunday /sarcasm

598977[/snapback]

Yes, they were bad calls. Yes, they materially affected the outcome of the game. No, they are not a federal crime that would require investigation by the FBI. :lol:

Eventually, there just comes a time when you have to calm down and get on with your life. For you - and I'm just guessing here - I suspect that time was...oh, maybe yesterday. :lol:

Why do I think most people complaining about the calls had a few dollars riding on the Seahawks and were watching with their wallets instead of their brains? There were some close and tough calls but I had no rooting interest and thought that Ben Rothlssbrggrrrht clearly went over the line with part of the ball and yet some would claim that it was an obvious bad call. Sorry, did not see it. The Jackson "touchdown" was offensive pass interference. I will agree that the call does not get made consistently ( see Michael Irvin) but by the book it is pass interference. Bad interpretation, maybe. Bad call, not by the book.

The idea that the NFL would jeopardize their billion dollar business and reputation to favor Pittsburgh over Seattle is ludicrous. At least, the Patrick Ewing to the Knicks theory makes business sense.

Get over it... you made a bad bet and lost... the football Gods did not shine on you, but to blame a conspiracy reeks of sour grapes and paranoia.

Aren't you one of the guys that said it didn't matter that the US never found any WMD's in Iraq?

If so... you sure have your priorities f'ed up when calling for an investigation.

(If this isn't you... nevermind.)

Once again we have someone WHO DIDN'T HAVE THE STEELERS -4!!!!!!!

Or maybe he had Seattle +4???

Relax, Pete. Look. I have a new avatar. In the meantime, get ready for the Pro Bowl. It's the last live football you're going to see for some time.

599002[/snapback]

I like your avatar! :lol:

BTW I did not have any money on the game. I am shocked the NFL has not made any statement. Here are some plays I think are very suspicious-

Daryl Jacksons call was tickytack

Stevens did have possession and Seattle would of gained 15 yards on the fumble and retained possession.

There was no hold on the Stevens catch to the two. 4 downs from teh 2 yard line is a damn near guaranteed Alexander TD.

Big Ben did not score on that play.

Big Ben was granted a TO 3 seconds after the playclock expired.

Pitts dline was offsides many time and that did not get called.

15 yards on Hasselback for making a tackle? Someone please explain rules to the refs.

Everytime Seattle made a big play it got called back on a penalty.

Aren't you one of the guys that said it didn't matter that the US never found any WMD's in Iraq?

If so... you sure have your priorities f'ed up when calling for an investigation.

(If this isn't you... nevermind.)

599003[/snapback]

do you ever post anything that is not anti-bush or a look at me I am in New Zealand post? Just wondering

BTW I did not have any money on the game.  I am shocked the NFL has not made any statement.  Here are some plays I think are very suspicious-

Stevens did have possession and Seattle would of gained 15 yards on the fumble and retained possession.

There was no hold on the Stevens catch to the two.  4 downs from teh 2 yard line is a damn near guaranteed Alexander TD.

15 yards on Hasselback for making a tackle?  Someone please explain rules to the refs.

599004[/snapback]

Let me try this again, Pete.

It's over and there is nothing you can do about it.

Still want to waste time on it? If you have extra time to worry about things you can do nothing about, then let me know and I'll come up with some suggestions on things you can worry about that you CAN do something about. :lol::lol::lol:

Eventually, there just comes a time when you have to calm down and get on with your life.  For you - and I'm just guessing here - I suspect that time was...oh, maybe yesterday.  :lol:

598986[/snapback]

Or on Monday morning after coffee black. Truth be told, I fell asleep in the third quarter.

Billions and billions of dollars are bet on the SB? Not quite. And much of it is illegal. Maybe the FBI could get on that. Or maybe the FBI should arrest the prostitutes on Washington Street in Hartford, or the kids who committed a class E felony last week by having mopeds out on the ice on my pond. Or maybe, just maybe, the FBI has badder fish to fry at the fuggin' moment.

Calm down, Pete. It would be a scandal if BR was at the 5-yard line and they called a TD. It would be a scandal if Joey Porter took out a .357, shot Matt Hasselback on the field and wasn't called for roughing the QB. As it stands, they were close calls made on the ref's judgment --- maybe you'd like to become a ref and see if you can officiate a game w/o getting criticism from someone.

Once again we have someone WHO DIDN'T HAVE THE STEELERS -4!!!!!!!

Or maybe he had Seattle +4???

Relax, Pete. Look. I have a new avatar. In the meantime, get ready for the Pro Bowl. It's the last live football you're going to see for some time.

599002[/snapback]

Well, maybe more like the officials had $$$ on Pittsburgh -4.

I mean heck. If they had just not invented that "phantom holding call" then Stevens' catch stays and Alexander runs it in from the 1 to give Seattle the lead.

But no. Not only did they call that bs they called that ridiculous "block" on Hasselbeck when he was MAKING A TACKLE.

Unbelievable. It definitely gave the Steelers the room they needed to put it away on their gimmick play.

Btw...that avatar rules!

do you ever post anything that is not anti-bush or a look at me I am in New Zealand post?  Just wondering

599005[/snapback]

Yup... it looks like you're the same guy.

Ha!

(See? I'm laughing here in New Zealand, while stilling noy liking Bush.)

BTW I did not have any money on the game.  I am shocked the NFL has not made any statement.  Here are some plays I think are very suspicious-

There was no hold on the Stevens catch to the two.  4 downs from teh 2 yard line is a damn near guaranteed Alexander TD.

15 yards on Hasselback for making a tackle?  Someone please explain rules to the refs.

599004[/snapback]

if Darrel Jackson pushed off Nate Clements like that, we would all be going nuts...how do you KNOW Ben did not get in? pretty tough to tell to me..esp in real time from the sideline...the TO right as the clock expires happens ALL of the time...

599004[/snapback]

And you go from this...to an FBI investigation? :lol:

Don't you think that maybe, just maybe, the FBI has better things to do? Like maybe counter-terrorism or something?

if Darrel Jackson pushed off Nate Clements like that, we would all be going nuts...how do you KNOW Ben did not get in? pretty tough to tell to me..esp in real time from the sideline...the TO right as the clock expires happens ALL of the time...

Although I'm sick of arguing this, just to clarify, if the refs were going to be so ticky-tack, on that negated TD play, they should have flagged the Steelers' defender for touching DJ after 5 yards. He touched him and that's a penalty. And on Ben's TD, it looked like he didn't get it, and he SAID he didn't think he got in. The TO was fine because in actuality he called it before the clock expired. But I still have no clue how they missed Hasselbeck's block. That just defies explanation.