Here we go again...

TPS

Republicans are so fiscally responsible.

Ok, I'm gonna cut non-defense, non-homeland security expenditures, but I'm going to increase defense and homeland security expenditures, and exclude the cost of Iraq and AFghanistan from my budget numbers, and cut more taxes, but my budget is fiscally sound. I guess they know the lemmings won't vote against them....

At least they were smart enough to leave out the long term budget projections, because the numbers aren't pretty.

Sheesh! :lol:

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not rich, and I got a tax cut. You'd better believe that if I lose that I'm gonna be pissed off.

598677[/snapback]

I got a tax cut too. I guess that means I am rich. WOOHOO!! Time to retire! :lol:

Republicans are so fiscally responsible.

Ok, I'm gonna cut non-defense, non-homeland security expenditures, but I'm going to increase defense and homeland security expenditures, and exclude the cost of Iraq and AFghanistan from my budget numbers, and cut more taxes, but my budget is fiscally sound.  I guess they know the lemmings won't vote against them....

At least they were smart enough to leave out the long term budget projections, because the numbers aren't pretty.

Sheesh!  :lol:

598645[/snapback]

define cut

most things i'm reading about are being curbed in terms of growth...i'm hearing so many scientists and newspapers griping about NIH funding being cut or student loans being cut...nothing's being cut...there isn't less money available, there's more money available than ever...it's just the % growth of allocation is being slowed down so we don't get too far into debt

define cut

most things i'm reading about are being curbed in terms of growth...i'm hearing so many scientists and newspapers griping about NIH funding being cut or student loans being cut...nothing's being cut...there isn't less money available, there's more money available than ever...it's just the % growth of allocation is being slowed down so we don't get too far into debt

598984[/snapback]

Thank you.

Budget propaganda sure is fun though!

define cut

598984[/snapback]

Which is SO much better. "The budget's not being cut, it's just being increased at a slower rate, so the deficit grows at a slower rate."

How about cutting the actual budget to reduce the federal debt? Nah...that would make sense...

How about cutting the actual budget to reduce the federal debt?  Nah...that would make sense...

599031[/snapback]

Which means it has no place on a board like this one. Please edit or remove your post. Otherwise I will have no choice but to file a formal complaint to the mods. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. :lol: