Blueprint for rebuilding the Bills

I can't even tell when that alleged article was written.

596917[/snapback]

looks like before the Malarkey firing - since he talks about that issue being up in the air.

But that was as detailed and thorough an analysis as I've seen on how to address the current Bills' plight. I like a lot of it, think he may be whistling dixie thinking we can grab 3 of those FA OL. But I think we do have to do some housecleaning now - and especially with the offense - it's hard to justify keeping a lot of big name high salaries around. What I definitely DON'T wanna see is more long-term albatross extensions with the aging stars on our team.

What I didn't like about it, was why not try to extend Moulds, and London Fletcher saving about the same amount of money. Plus cutting Posey and addressing the olb in free agency or the draft. i think Stamer is a better LB as well.

Otherwise I'd be very happy with that offseason. I Like Mario Williams, combined with Schobel, they could create a Carolina type line.

What I didn't like about it, was why not try to extend Moulds, and London Fletcher saving about the same amount of money.  Plus cutting Posey and addressing the olb in free agency or the draft.  i think Stamer is a better LB as well.

Otherwise I'd be very happy with that offseason.  I Like Mario Williams, combined with Schobel, they could create a Carolina type line.

596998[/snapback]

if you keep Moulds, then JP is not your

QB.

What I didn't like about it, was why not try to extend Moulds, and London Fletcher saving about the same amount of money.  Plus cutting Posey and addressing the olb in free agency or the draft.  i think Stamer is a better LB as well.

Otherwise I'd be very happy with that offseason.   I Like Mario Williams, combined with Schobel, they could create a Carolina type line.

596998[/snapback]

What makes you think Stamer is a better lb? I get Crowell. I think he proved a lot this year, and will be a valuable player in the future, but Stamer? I havent seen anything out of him as far as a lb to say he's better then posey. Stamer is a good st's player though.

Edit I like that this guy broke down a well organized blue print, but he's dreaming if he thinks we can get bentley backus, and a grady jackson. Im not overly fond of his draft either. A Safety and a corner as 2 of our 1st 3 picks..... ehh not unless the corner is antonio cromarite lasting till the 3rd will I sleep easy with that. Personally I'd go

1.- Ngata- dt oregon

2.- Tutusiu Lutui- g usc

3a- jeremy trueblood t bc

3b- Nick Mangold c osu

Adress the lines right off the bat with our first 4 picks.

What makes you think Stamer is a better lb?  I get Crowell.  I think he proved a lot this year, and will be a valuable player in the future, but Stamer?  I havent seen anything out of him as far as a lb to say he's better then posey.  Stamer is a good st's player though.

Edit I like that this guy broke down a well organized blue print, but he's dreaming if he thinks we can get bentley backus, and a grady jackson. Im not overly fond of his  draft either.  A Safety and a corner as 2 of our 1st 3 picks..... ehh not unless the corner is antonio cromarite lasting till the 3rd will I sleep easy with that.  Personally I'd go

1.- Ngata- dt oregon

2.- Tutusiu Lutui- g usc

3a- jeremy trueblood t bc

3b-  Nick Mangold c osu

Adress the lines right off the bat with our first 4 picks.

597016[/snapback]

I doubt Mangold gets past middle of 2nd round. I like the 1st 2 choices though if we don't target a center in free agency, I'd like to see us pick Mangold if he drops to us in the 2nd.

I also don't get the love for Stamer - he's a decent special teamer - but that's it. Crowell at least has some skills though I'd always be looking to upgrade this spot.

Who knows when that article was written. It seems like its a patch work of articles. Its pretty easy to say the guy either knows nothing about the Buffalo Bills except for the stat sheet or is just a jackass. How can this dude say that placing the franchise tag on Clements will be too much before it was even announced. Also Anglo Crowell was signed before the Jets game!

This guy needs to wise up!

OUT

In the part about Sam Adams, it reads as if he were talking about him after a particular game. But he has Levy being the new GM, so that can't be right.

Overall I like his thinking, but with Jauron being HC and the move to the cover-2, he might have different ideas on defense. And I doubt he knew the franchise tender on Clements would be so low.

As for Crowell, that slipped by a lot of people, so I'm not surprised there.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=cita...adel&type=story

Pretty interesting analysis, and a lot of alignment of the planets is required, but it would be nice, and seems possible.

596899[/snapback]

Well, it was written quite a while ago (he refers to Adam's performance "Sunday" as if it were a couple of days ago.). Overall, it's not bad and if we ended up doing exactly this, I wold not be upset.

Among the places I differ with his wishes:

I think we need to franchise Nate. We can trade him if we want, but we should franchise him, IMO.

Willis should be (and I think can be) an every down back. We just didn't use him that way. Still need a backup, though.

Doesn't anybody else think we need an upgrade at fullback?

Why do I read in various places that Jerman is OK?

I liked the article's detail, but I disagreed with the idea of using all those early draft picks on the secondary. This year's draft is deep along the offensive line. There's no sense letting that go to waste with just one OG as a first-day OL draft choice.

I noticed he referred to "Shaun Williams" instead of Shaud Williams, and that he wrote Jerman was quality depth. While displaying occassional lapses of knowledge such as those, I respect the thought that went into his work.

aaaaaak...

He suggests Jabar Gaffney and Lee Evans as our top two recievers?????

That offense is going nowhere.

If Moulds is gone, this team is done. I stand on that. Quote me on it come and argue with me about it, do anything. Just please don't let Moulds leave this team.

597412[/snapback]

Only if he decides to shut up and suck up to the fact that JP will be the QB and there will not be any QB controversy....

All in all, it´s not far fetched, though I don´t think Backus would be an upgrade over Gandy.

I´ve been reading some things about him via fans or past articles that indicates he´s not a reliable player and that Detroit won´t try to keep him.

If he´s signed for depth, I´m okay with the move but not for a lot of money or with the promise to start. TC battle between him and Gandy.

Stamer is a good player and would fit the fast, not too big LB for the defense Fewell will try to run here. He´s great in ST.

I´d sign Bentley and Backus as FA but Hutch would be a pipe dream. Instead of him I´d bring a DE, Raheem Brock, Kalimba Edwards or Carlos Hall.

Grady Jackson or Rocky Bernard would be the interior help I´d seriously look into. Grady for one year and Bernard as more long term answer.

Draft:

Mario won´t be there at #8. If he is it´s a no brainer.

If he´s not there Hali, Ngata or Kiawanuka. I know he didn´t look to good at the Senior bowl but the potential he has is huge and he would fit the system.

with our second pick the "Deuce" Lutui or Mark Setterstrom to start at LG.

then grab a LT (Trueblood if he falls) for future years, a SS, a CB, WR and LB depth.

All in all, it´s not far fetched, though I don´t think Backus would be an upgrade over Gandy.

I´ve been reading some things about him via fans or past articles that indicates he´s not a reliable player and that Detroit won´t try to keep him.

If he´s signed for depth, I´m okay with the move but not for a lot of money or with the promise to start. TC battle between him and Gandy.

Stamer is a good player and would fit the fast, not too big LB for the defense Fewell will try to run here. He´s great in ST.

I´d sign Bentley and Backus as FA but Hutch would be a pipe dream. Instead of him I´d bring a DE, Raheem Brock, Kalimba Edwards or Carlos Hall.

Grady Jackson or Rocky Bernard would be the interior help I´d seriously look into. Grady for one year and Bernard as more long term answer.

Draft:

Mario won´t be there at #8. If he is it´s a no brainer.

If he´s not there Hali, Ngata or Kiawanuka. I know he didn´t look to good at the Senior bowl but the potential he has is huge and he would fit the system.

with our second pick the "Deuce" Lutui or Mark Setterstrom to start at LG.

then grab a LT (Trueblood if he falls) for future years, a SS, a CB, WR and LB depth.

597673[/snapback]

Hmmmmm im on the phone with god and he says that the whole thing about aligning the planets for us is not going to work

aaaaaak...

He suggests Jabar Gaffney and Lee Evans as our top two recievers?????

That offense is going nowhere.

If Moulds is gone, this team is done. I stand on that. Quote me on it come and argue with me about it, do anything. Just please don't let Moulds leave this team.

597412[/snapback]

What have we won with him?

Give me a break.