The National Anthem

billsfanone

Was that the worst Anthem ever?

They disgraced the nation. The Anthem was atrocious. They should have their citizenship revoked and they should be deported.

595957[/snapback]

I thought the same. Someone who wasn't paying close attention in another room at my Superbowl party actually wondered what song they were singing!!

Never listen to the anthem, its just something that delays the start of most events.

99.9% of all efforts to sing the national anthem suck anyways.

596075[/snapback]

You should actually sing with the anthem and not blow it off. It should remind you that your freedoms arent free.

Sing the anthem the way it is meant to be. The best renditions are when they sing it correctly. One of the best was Whitney Houston. As screwed up as she is, she did an outstanding job the year she sang it.

596111[/snapback]

She's actually the one who added all the vocal gymnastics that everyone else since has more or less tried to emulate. Regardless, as my post in the other thread (over in Off the Wall) said, last night was the reason why most "live" performances you see in the Super Bowl are lip synched (including the afore-mentioned Whitney Houston version of the National Anthem). They couldn't keep microphones set to the right levels in the "house" feed, I can just imagine how horrid the monitors were.

All I could think of when the anthem started was the Saturday Night Live skit the night before when Horatio Sanz was playing the guy & Keenan Thompson was Areatha. Sanz started laughing in the middle when he was imitating the singer, and I didn't know why until he did the anthem just like Horatio had done the night before.

My biggest complaint was the wasted talent of Dr. John, I got exactly what I expected from the Nat'l anthem. Aaron Neville singing in his very unique style and Aretha belting it out in her manner. Why not use Dr. John more than as just a piano player? I would have liked to hear him take a verse.

Anyone find this online yet?  I missed it last night.

596442[/snapback]

All I could think of when the anthem started was the Saturday Night Live skit the night before when Horatio Sanz was playing the guy & Keenan Thompson was Areatha.  Sanz started laughing in the middle when he was imitating the singer, and I didn't know why until he did the anthem just like Horatio had done the night before.

596486[/snapback]

Yeah, that was good. BTW, does Aretha Franklin not have a fashion consultant? Who told her it was OK to squeeze 200 lbs. of ass into 100 lbs. of pants on national TV??? God help us all if she'd have had a "wardrobe malfunction". :doh:

Yeah, that was good. BTW, does Aretha Franklin not have a fashion consultant? Who told her it was OK to squeeze 200 lbs. of ass into 100 lbs. of pants on national TV??? God help us all if she'd have had a "wardrobe malfunction".  :doh:

596506[/snapback]

I missed it, who sang it?