Thurman Thomas HoF decision thread

SDS

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He played for 17 friggin seasons!  Its called padding your stats, the guy does not belong.  How about we put in Dave Krieg next?  Get this, Krieg actually has a BETTER playoff record then Warren Moon does.  10th all time in pass attempts.  10th all time in completions.  11th all time in passing yards.  9th in Passing TDs.  Does Krieg get in next because of his stats? 

He even made the Pro Bowl a couple of times too.

594305[/snapback]

Once again, individual players don't win/lose games. Teams do. You'd think a BILLS' fan would get that. Warren Moon has all the stats and won plenty in the NFL. He belongs in the NFL HoF and so does Thurman Thomas.

Once again, individual players don't win/lose games.  Teams do.  You'd think a BILLS' fan would get that.  Warren Moon has all the stats and won plenty in the NFL.  He belongs in the NFL HoF and so does Thurman Thomas.

594314[/snapback]

Like I said in my last post, I dont think I'd be so angry if he got in later. But first ballot? With that record and lack of accomplishments? No way. I'll remember Warren Moon for never being able to even get to the big game, let alone win it, but hell apparently that was enough to send him to Canton. Go figure.

when is bruce smith up for the ballot?  next year?  thurman might have been pushed back to have an all buffalo, bruce/andre/thurman with monk thrown in to legitimize andre's selection.  Now that would be one hell of a party.

594316[/snapback]

Bruce retired in 2003, so he has to wait 5 years to become eligible.

Like I said in my last post, I dont think I'd be so angry if he got in later.  But first ballot?  With that record and lack of accomplishments?  No way.  I'll remember Warren Moon for never being able to even get to the big game, let alone win it, but hell apparently that was enough to send him to Canton.  Go figure.

594317[/snapback]

Looks like Rico may owe me some cash when Bledsoe retires :blink:

CW

Once again, individual players don't win/lose games.  Teams do.  You'd think a BILLS' fan would get that.  Warren Moon has all the stats and won plenty in the NFL.  He belongs in the NFL HoF and so does Thurman Thomas.

594314[/snapback]

the problem is that the Houston Oilers had some very, very talented teams. A lack of supporting cast for at least a portion of his career shouldn't be an issue.

Looks like Rico may owe me some cash when Bledsoe retires :blink:

CW

594321[/snapback]

Seriously, this gives hopes to guys like Drew Bledsoe, Vinny Testaverde, Dave Krieg and Boomer Esiason that one day they can somehow make it to Canton. They got the numbers! They got the Pro Bowls! Drew even has a Superbowl victory! Get em' all in there.

Give me a !@#$ing break.

How on God's green earth do you justify Moon and Harry Carson? I don't know enough about Rayfield Wright to say otherwise, but if you're going to tell me that Moon and Carson were more dominant players who accomplished more than Thurman Thomas, you're a !@#$ing idiot.

Give me a !@#$ing break.

How on God's green earth do you justify Moon and Harry Carson? I don't know enough about Rayfield Wright to say otherwise, but if you're going to tell me that Moon and Carson were more dominant players who accomplished more than Thurman Thomas, you're a !@#$ing idiot.

594350[/snapback]

Don't know if they would have considered Moon's time in the CFL. It is the Pro Football Hall of Fame, not the NFL Hall of Fame.

Hopefully Thurman will be there next year!

Don't know if they would have considered Moon's time in the CFL. It is the Pro Football Hall of Fame, not the NFL Hall of Fame.

Hopefully Thurman will be there next year!

594355[/snapback]

No CFL stats go into the Pro Football Hall of Fame consideration due to the CFL having their own Hall of Fame. So it makes the Moon selection even more baffling.