WR position in 2006

Takeo_14

We have our cornerstone Lee Evans back, Reed and Parrish. I like Aiken a lot. But that also brings up the Eric Moulds question. Do we bring him back?? I say yes of course no questions asked if he takes a significant paycut. If he bolts, why are we not in the Terrell Owens sweepstakes?? I'm just not so sure that Evans is ready to be a everydown receiver. Reminds me WAY to much of a Peerless Price!!!!

Either way we upgrade the Offensive line no if and or buts about it. That improves our QB play and in turn I believe improves the passing game.

We have our cornerstone Lee Evans back, Reed and Parrish. I like Aiken a lot. But that also brings up the Eric Moulds question. Do we bring him back?? I say yes of course no questions asked if he takes a significant paycut. If he bolts, why are we not in the Terrell Owens sweepstakes?? I'm just not so sure that Evans is ready to be a everydown receiver. Reminds  me WAY to much of a Peerless Price!!!!

Either way we upgrade the Offensive line no if and or buts about it. That improves our QB play and in turn I believe improves the passing game.

591037[/snapback]

We need to be in the offensive line sweepstakes. We have a stud receiver and a couple of good prospects. Lets build a line and then worry about a second or third stud reciever.

If I had a deep inside informant (and I don't) ........

He/she may have told me one of the reasons that Eric Moulds did not make more "noise" about his little "tiff" with MM and subsequent suspension, was that ol' Ralph told him that after the season TD et al would be gone, and he was bringing Marv back to "right the ship". He/she may have also said that Ralph assured Eric that the Bills would like to work something out to keep Eric a Bill for the rest of his career ...... and as long as both sides stayed reasonable in their negotiations it could be worked out.

Now keeping in mind that I don't have a source, and they never told me this .... my feelings are as long as the Bills give Eric a REASONABLE offer, he will stay, however, Eric does feel he is one of the better WRs in the league and expects to draw a paycheck as such. He very well may give the Bills a "home team discount" .... but he's not staying for chump change.

Do you really see someone like Dick Jauron being able to manage TO?  0:)

591053[/snapback]

TO was slapped so hard both financially and morally by the Iggles and public opion that I think the case is going to be that virtually anyone will be able to manage TO, or that it will remain the case that no once can manage TO.

He really is down to his last chance as only a very limited number of teams with very specific needs he can fill are interested in him despite his extraoridnary singular talents.

Denver has a clear need for a WR and may well be one player away from the big game, They have an intelligent real interest TO can fill. However, so did Philly as they kept falling a game short and it was the absence of a good WR that was doing this as a lesser team, the Panthers knocked them off in the championship with their WRs missing critical passes or fumbling when they caugth McNabb's heaves.

Stll with this obvious situation, TO could not hold it together and was so vehement in going me-me-me he made even his agent Rosenhaus look like a voice of reason.

Ironically, I think either TO will be no problem in his next go round as he will decide to fly right rather than die or alternately his demons will get a hold of him and it matters little what anyone does.

I think the Bills will also have an obvious need and role for TO. I think that like TO holding it in check for the Iggles until he proved himself (he did a great job in the Iggles SB loss) but once he proved himself he then became an idiot.

I think if the Bills got TO it would actually work quote well and quite easily his first season.

However, once he and Evans became a potent team as they are likely to become if they are the Bills WRs, he almost certainly would become a cancer his second year.

This might be a worthwhile bet if we were a player or a year away.

We are not and the likelihood is that TO would become an idiot in 2007 though I supect he would be a great player to team with Evans in 2006. Joe Jurevicious or another respected possession receiver to go over the middle and team with Evans strikes me as a better chioice.

In the salary cap era and with so many players changing teams etc...I would like to see Eric Moulds finish his career in Buffalo. Not that EM is a HOF candidate or anything, but he has been a very good receiver for many years now. Think of the instability that EM has had at the QB and OL positions on this team, the exact opposite of what Andre Reed had during his tenure with the Buffalo Bills.

Bring Moulds back, get a solid 3rd ot 4th receiver, upgrade the OL...plus (and an overlooked aspect IMO) lets see if TE Kevin Everett or maybe another TE prospect that can open up the offense even more and make better use of the WR's the Bills have.

Huh?!?! TO isn't a choke artist.

591114[/snapback]

TO is a great receiver when he isn't a cancer to his team. If TO was that impatient with Donovan McNabb, how would he do with J.P. Losman and Kelly Holcomb with the Bills current offensive line struggles? Maybe he learned his lesson but I wouldn't bet on it. That window of time in most cases for an NFL player is very short. TO just wasted one year that he can't have back. I have doubts about TO's mental discipline. That would be very sad if TO feel even further by becoming a choke artist.

TO is worth the risk if you can get him to sign a 1 year contract.

Not likley since TO wants a big signing bonus.

Unfortunately, TO does not see it as a signing bonus. Since he gets the cash inyear 1, he considers it his year 1 salary.

Whatever he gets in year 2 will pale in comparsion and TO will be screaming for a new contract that shows him the proper respect.

TO is worth the risk if you can get him to sign a 1 year contract.

Not likley since TO wants a big signing bonus.

Unfortunately, TO does not see it as a signing bonus. Since he gets the cash inyear 1, he considers it his year 1 salary.

Whatever he gets in year 2 will pale in comparsion and TO will be screaming for a new contract that shows him the proper respect.

591164[/snapback]

What kind of contract did TO have in Philly? It turned out to be a 1 year contract in an unanticipated way. I suspect any future contract will have an explicit conduct clause.

We have our cornerstone Lee Evans back, Reed and Parrish. I like Aiken a lot. But that also brings up the Eric Moulds question. Do we bring him back?? I say yes of course no questions asked if he takes a significant paycut. If he bolts, why are we not in the Terrell Owens sweepstakes?? I'm just not so sure that Evans is ready to be a everydown receiver. Reminds  me WAY to much of a Peerless Price!!!!

591037[/snapback]

Remember, Marv said he wants character. That menas they have good character, not that they are a charcater (and a bad one to boot!!)

I would be totally amazed if Marv brought in TO.

TO is a great receiver when he isn't a cancer to his team.  If TO was that impatient with Donovan McNabb, how would he do with J.P. Losman and Kelly Holcomb with the Bills current offensive line struggles?  Maybe he learned his lesson but I wouldn't bet on it.  That window of time in most cases for an NFL player is very short.  TO just wasted one year that he can't have back.  I have doubts about TO's mental discipline.  That would be very sad if TO feel even further by becoming a choke artist.

591157[/snapback]

I'm with you, brother. That choke artist comment was referencing the "TO=LS" post. You know.......PJ Carlesimo being the recipient of Letrells' stranglehold.

What kind of contract did TO have in Philly?  It turned out to be a 1 year contract in an unanticipated way.  I suspect any future contract will have an explicit conduct clause.

591181[/snapback]

Philly expected to keep for TO for 2 years as evidenced by the huge roster bonus due in March.

However, as I noted in prior post, TO could not comprehend the cash flow reduction from year 1- thus ruining year 2 for the Eagles.

Here's a name I saw listed as a free agent: Brian Finneran-WR (Atlanta).

I think he would make a great compliment to Evans, Parrish, and Reed. He's a good possession receiver, tall (6'5" I think) and physical. Word has it the Falcons want him back but only on the cheap. Take a look at his stats if you get a chance.