Politics is PURE garbage

Think about it people....Bush speaks...then the Libs start becoming moderate for the elections...then they will change again...then Republicans will get angry...then they will change...then once the elections come, the Republicans will change their views again to win votes...its a vicious cycle and it will never ever end.

You watch the majority of the news stations that are SO one sides towards liberals...can they ever say anything good to support the leader in power now? Or is everything supposed to be NEGATIVE NEGATIVE??? Cant you all these ALL these networks (CNN, FOX, MSNBC, ABC, NBC are ALL garbage??? This crap is not worth the time people...all it is is entertainment driven to get people riled up and increase their ratings!!!!!

Screw this two party system, screw government......Ill never vote again...this country is going down the tubes! Education is declining...morals? What are those? (And Im not talking about religion)

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think about it people....Bush speaks...then the Libs start becoming moderate for the elections...then they will change again...then Republicans will get angry...then they will change...then once the elections come, the Republicans will change their views again to win votes...its a vicious cycle and it will never ever end.

You watch the majority of the news stations that are SO one sides towards liberals...can  they ever say anything good to support the leader in power now?  Or is everything supposed to be NEGATIVE NEGATIVE???  Cant you all these ALL these networks (CNN, FOX, MSNBC, ABC, NBC are ALL garbage???  This crap is not worth the time people...all it is is entertainment driven to get people riled up and increase their ratings!!!!!

Screw this two party system, screw government......Ill never vote again...this country is going down the tubes!

590789[/snapback]

what turnip truck did you just roll in on and fall off of?

it's been going on since the first administration of George Washington.

however.....if you want to see the nation go down the tubes in an even more accelerated fashion you go right ahead and stop voting.

is there a two party system that dominates the election? yes...but their are other options on every ballot....start using them.

Ah George Washington...........His was politics at its best. History tells us that, like many of his peers, he set up kegs of varrious alcoholic beverages outside the polling places on each election day for the varrious offices he ran for in Virginia. Booze 'em up and get 'em to vote for you. Now thats what we ought to be doing today. You also ought to read some of the media reports from back then regarding individuals running for office, not to mention the things they (candidates) said about each other on the campaign trail. It would make the likes of Howard Stern blush.

Screw this two party system, screw government......Ill never vote again...this country is going down the tubes!  Education is declining...morals?  What are those? (And Im not talking about religion)

590789[/snapback]

Remember. There are more than two candidates in each presidential election. Most Congressional races also have more than one candidate. Explore your options.

Screw this two party system, screw government......Ill never vote again...

590789[/snapback]

That's fine. But the less you vote, the less say you have over the use of your money. I have always believed it is more important who get elected locally anyway.

Ah George Washington...........His was politics at its best.  History tells us that, like many of his peers, he set up kegs of varrious alcoholic beverages outside the polling places on each election day for the varrious offices he ran for in Virginia.  Booze 'em up and get 'em to vote for you. Now thats what we ought to be doing today.  You also ought to read some of the media reports from back then regarding individuals running for office, not to mention the things they (candidates) said about each other on the campaign trail.  It would make the likes of Howard Stern blush.

590810[/snapback]

The story goes that Washington more or less ordered Thomas Jefferson into his tent one day and asked Jefferson if he had financed some papers that were highly critical of Washington.

So, Jefferson did the only thing an honorable man can do in such a situation.

He lied.

0:)

----------

For what it's worth, governance is never what any one person wants it to be. Which is why compromising, making consessions, and voting with the party that most closely represents your political beliefs is what we're stuck with in our republic. Start your own party, then; if you've got better ideas, you'll win. You don't like the nature of the beast, but it doesn't change the fact that the beast is always going to be there. You'd better get accustomed to that.

From the sounds of it, tho, C22 wants everything to be run his way, so he'll have to wait until the Constitution is amended to run for the office of Dictator-for-Life.

The story goes that Washington more or less ordered Thomas Jefferson into his tent one day and asked Jefferson if he had financed some papers that were highly critical of Washington.

So, Jefferson did the only thing an honorable man can do in such a situation.

He lied.

0:)

----------

For what it's worth, governance is never what any one person wants it to be. Which is why compromising, making consessions, and voting with the party that most closely represents your political beliefs is what we're stuck with in our republic. Start your own party, then; if you've got better ideas, you'll win. You don't like the nature of the beast, but it doesn't change the fact that the beast is always going to be there. You'd better get accustomed to that.

From the sounds of it, tho, C22 wants everything to be run his way, so he'll have to wait until the Constitution is amended to run for the office of Dictator-for-Life.

590999[/snapback]

Could not have said it any better. Politics is not a sport for the ego impaired. Yes it is serious and it affects the rest of the nation, but it is still a competition and therefore a sport. Short of this, we are all shooting each other, and as justified as I might think that would be, it doesn't work, there are always more folks on the other side to shoot. The most recent evidence of how it doesn't work is obviously in Palestine, that is why I am grateful that I am an American in all its glory and hypocracy.

Remember. There are more than two candidates in each presidential election. Most Congressional races also have more than one candidate. Explore your options.

590893[/snapback]

Exactly. It worked for Jesse Ventura in Minnesota.

Exactly. This is my policy: Vote Libertarian or Constitutional party unless the election appears to be very close, then vote republican. 3rd parties hate me because I dont automatically vote for them...but I cant let us be peroted into 8 years of bill clinton again. (and I assume the dems will say nadared into 8 years of bush).

Exactly.  This is my policy:  Vote Libertarian or Constitutional party unless the election appears to be very close, then vote republican.  3rd parties hate me because I dont automatically vote for them...but I cant let us be peroted into 8 years of bill clinton again.  (and I assume the dems will say nadared into 8 years of bush).

591793[/snapback]

Yep! Be nice to actually keep both parties from taking votes for granted.

Exactly.  This is my policy:  Vote Libertarian or Constitutional party unless the election appears to be very close, then vote republican.  3rd parties hate me because I dont automatically vote for them...but I cant let us be peroted into 8 years of bill clinton again.  (and I assume the dems will say nadared into 8 years of bush).

591793[/snapback]

My policy is to vote the better foreign policy for the White House, vote the opposing party for Congressional races, and hope that, if enough people do likewise, the resulting conflict between a Republican/Democratic White House and Democratic/Republican Congress will be intractable enough to bring the entire political process to a grinding halt, so that these crooks will just leave us the hell alone to live our lives in peace.

590893[/snapback]

You are right KRC...I have to always remember what you said.

I guess I am really just tired of all the negativity I mean why cannot we at least try to support a President a Governor etc...for example, Im not fond of Corzine in NJ (He won IMO pretty much because people here just vote Democrat without really thinking, and the Forrester wasnt that great anyway)...but heck, I DO support Corzine and hope that he does a great job for the state of NJ...regardless of the fact i didnt vote for him.

Its time for the negativity in this country to subside a bit and see some more support from both sides.

But the way people hate Bush, nothing he ever does or says is good...EVERYTHING cannot be bad.

But the way people hate Bush, nothing he ever does or says is good...EVERYTHING cannot be bad.

592642[/snapback]

Well...he combs his hair...uhhh...not horribly. :huh:

And he never poked himself in the eye with his thumb, like Gerald Ford. Of course, he was nearly killed by a pretzel...so maybe that's a wash.

Ooooh, I know! In NYC after 9/11, he spoke through the right end of the bullhorn! :);):lol:

Its time for the negativity in this country to subside a bit and see some more support from both sides.

592642[/snapback]

there in lies the problem.

this is an extreme example, if person "A" (or political party "A) is a homosexual with no desire to switch to straight but is being told he MUST go straight because that is what person (or party) "B" told him he must do.....or reverse it...

Party "A" is straight and Party "B" is saying you must be homosexual....

People in this nation are THAT extremely divided. And the first wiff of anything that sounds like one party is getting the upper hand is when all the negativity begins....and i hate to say it, but rightfully so. as a conservative if i owned a store and someone told me i must sell "the morning after pill". i would become very negative toward that party.

it will be very hard to find any middle ground because again, all you need to do is get a whiff of some scheme being hatched and it turns into a back alley brawl.