LeCharles Bently Radio Interview

plenzmd1

Bently was just on with Brian Cox and Chris Meyers on FSN.

Couple things.

1)He is NOT going back to NO.

2) Wants to stay at center.

3) When asked where he wants to play, left no doubt Cleveland is his prefered choice. Guess hes from there. Although he did say there would be other teams in the mix, but Cleveland is his top choice

Bently was just on with Brian Cox and Chris Meyers on FSN.

Couple things.

1)He is NOT going back to NO.

2) Wants to stay at center.

3) When asked where he wants to play, left no doubt Cleveland is his prefered choice. Guess hes from there. Although he did say there would be other teams in the mix, but Cleveland is his top choice

590061[/snapback]

Cleveland is only 2 1/2 hrs form B-Lo, so its a possibility. What do you think about Cox on the radio? I can't say that he is terrible but he does not pair well with Meyers, who I think is pretty good.

This is a guy that we need to overpay a little for.....

If we can pick up a OT in the draft.....move Gandy over to Left Guard....Labently at center.....Preston can battle Villy at RG and Peters at Right Tackle

That would work

590160[/snapback]

I'm not so sure that could work. I would want a better LG, someone out of the draft like the guy from Georgia. I would like it better if Mike Gandy was the backup LT/RT.

Bentley would be my top priority if I were GM. I'm not sold on Preston at all. He'll probably be a career backup. I want to find out as soon as possible if Peters can man the left side as well. Man I hope this group gets fixed this year................

Bentley would be my top priority if I were GM. I'm not sold on Preston at all. He'll probably be a career backup. I want to find out as soon as possible if Peters can man the left side as well. Man I hope this group gets fixed this year................

590238[/snapback]

Bently would be nice to have but Preston will be a good pro. He was a rookie last yr and played rt guard when Villarrial went down. I would put him at center where he played at Illinois and was drafted to play and build around him. He is 6'5 300 plus lbs and coming out of college was said to have a mean streak. Lets get a nasty guard on either side of him and let Willlis run behind them.

Bently would be nice to have but Preston will be a good pro. He was a rookie last yr and played rt guard when Villarrial went down. I would put him at center where he played at Illinois and was drafted to play and build around him. He is 6'5 300 plus lbs and coming out of college was said to have a mean streak. Lets get a nasty guard on either side of him and let Willlis run behind them.

590280[/snapback]

Preston does not = Bentley, the best center in football, maybe second only to Jeff Saturday. Center is what it is all about. How many Super Bowls do the Bills go to without Kent Hull? Not four, that's for sure.

Experience is needed at center. A top center needs to have the gametime experience reading defensive stunts, detecting blitzes and calling out line adjustments.

We need to upgrade both guards. So I agree with the earlier suggestion to move Gandy to LG and give Preston a shot at taking Villy's job. That would be one tough middle three.

Cleveland is only 2 1/2 hrs form B-Lo, so its a possibility. What do you think about Cox on the radio? I can't say that he is terrible but he does not pair well with Meyers, who I think is pretty good.

590064[/snapback]

people around here hate cox, but i think he is pretty good on the radio.

Bentley said he also works out with London Fletcher & Nate Clements at "The Dungeon" in Cleveland. Maybe London can recruit him a bit.

A 26 year old All-Pro Center???? No, we don't need one of those. Bentley should be the Bills # 1 priority in UFA., Whatever it takes to get him here- do it.

This is a guy that we need to overpay a little for.....

If we can pick up a OT in the draft.....move Gandy over to Left Guard....Labently at center.....Preston can battle Villy at RG and Peters at Right Tackle

That would work

590160[/snapback]

I don't think Peters should be annoited the starter at RT....He has proven

zilch in the running game......Make it a competition between MW and Peters

and make the best guy earn the job.....In this team, there are too many

players comfortable knowing that their job is secure

Preston does not = Bentley, the best center in football, maybe second only to Jeff Saturday. Center is what it is all about. How many Super Bowls do the Bills go to without Kent Hull? Not four, that's for sure.

590652[/snapback]

Did you mean Jeff Hartings...because he is the best center in football and is

playing for the Super bowl bound Steelers.....I agree Center is a crucial position

Teague has been an average center...but the problem is with Teague getting

pushed back all the time by the opposing NTs and DTs, the pressure on our

QBs have come right on their face and that has been the demise of Bledsoe

and so far JPL.....

When you feel the pressure on your face (rather than not knowin where it

is coming from), i think QBs make mistakes....

it all comes down to "how are you going to afford this guy".

I think a logical approach is to release Williams, pay Bently, immediately upgrade the line and you really have not lost any money.

Essentially and Williams for Bently swap.

Where do you go wrong with that?

I don't think Peters should be annoited the starter at RT....He has proven

zilch in the running game......Make it a competition between MW and Peters

and make the best guy earn the job.....In this team, there are too many

players comfortable knowing that their job is secure

590862[/snapback]

Ganesh,

In a perfect situation i would agree with you...the problem is we just paid too much money to Williams and we need to make other improvements on the team. Peters is only going to get better while at this point I really question Big Mike's heart.

I hope I am wrong

590280[/snapback]

Preston is a question mark. Maybe he will be good, maybe not. You "build around" proven talent like Bentley not a second year guy with 2 or 3 starts. We know Bentley can play. We have been on the wrong end of what ifs" and "maybes" long enough when it comes to the OL. Leave nothing to chance.

Besides, Preston was not able to crack the lineup of one of the worst lines in the league last year. Granted he was a rookie but from what I did see of him, I wasn't impressed at all.

I am not at all interested in taking any chances with the offensive line this year. I am sick and tired of watching good skill players getting mauled by unblocked linebackers over and over and over. We tried to do it with young unheraled guys, we tried to do it with a top draft pick, we tried to get it done with a good coach trying to make something of mediocre FA's. It hasn't worked, none of it.

The one thing we haven't tried is opening up the checkbook and signing top FA lineman who are proven studs. Bentely, apart from Hutchinson, is the best guy out there.