Jauron hiring makes Thanksgiving game

No way the NFL wants to show those nasty Bills road unis on T. Day and upset the country's digestion. Nope.

589240[/snapback]

The Bills could very likely use the throwbacks for a Thanksgiving Day game.

I wouldn't mind playing the Lions on a Thursday. Of all the teams the Bills face next season, the Lions are among the few I think the Bills could get away with having a short week to prepare for.

'Phins get the Detroit game.  Sorry.

589418[/snapback]

Don't understand why.

If the Dolphins were to play again in 2006, it would be their 3rd Turkey day game since the famous snow-in-Dallas game of 1993. It was only three years ago (2003 season) when it came down to the Bills or Dolphins playing T-day in Dallas and Miami played in that game?

I think it's the Bills' turn this year. I don't believe they've played on Thanksgiving since the early 90's. Have they ever played the Cowboys on Thanksgiving? I don't think so.

Thanksgiving is, in my view, the perfect holiday. No pressure to find that special something for your wife or girlfriend, great food, company, football, and for most of us, a four-day weekend with Christmas on deck. Only thing that could be better is if one of those football games involved watching our Bills while the aroma of roasting turkey fills the house.

Anyone have a link of all-time Thanksgiving Day games? I couldn't find one.

Looking like the Skins at the Cowboys will be the Thanksgiving night game.

A number of media outlets are reporting the Cowboys and Redskins will play the first regular season game telecast on the two-year-old NFL Network. The game will be one of three played on Thanksgiving Day and will air in prime time, as an additional game is added to the holiday lineup. The game begins a new eight-game package that will air on NFL Network on Thursday and Saturday nights starting this fall.

Link