"you want me to line up WHERE?!"

jester43

I guess Jerry's plan of becoming a HC in five years didn't quite work out. Four seasons after becoming a DC, he has now moved, err, "up" to defensive backs coach.

I doubt I'm alone in saying "whew" -- we're finally rid of all those Houston Oiler losers and choke artists.

I'm sure he realized that it was the only way he'd get another DC job. Once Gibbs retires and Gregggggg-o takes over, Gray will be back in the DC driver's seat.

Only this time, he'll probably be able to ride Gregggggg-o's coattails to a head coaching spot to some desperate team.

I wish Jerry Gray luck in his future career.

Just didn't work out too well here, even though we had the top D for two years.

But part of that credit has to be given to Dick Lebeau.

588046[/snapback]

Part of the credit ? I would say a lot of the credit goes to Lebeau. Jerry was a caretaker of the defense. When offenses figured it out, he couldn't adjust or tweak the scheme.

Part of the credit ? I would say a lot of the credit goes to Lebeau. Jerry was a caretaker of the defense. When offenses figured it out, he couldn't adjust or tweak the scheme.

588060[/snapback]

I don't know that I agree with you. Compare how well Buffalo's defense did this year, to how well Pittsburgh's defense has done. Well . . . nevermind.