NFL Network to air regular season games...

agilen

If you guys can believe this, Charter pissed off the NFL apparently and they PULLED the channel from my cable....I am so fuggin PISSED.

586780[/snapback]

Yeah, I have Charter too and they used to have it included in a separate sports tier. But they completely removed it from their lineup about 2 months ago because they said their wasn't enough interest. I tend to believe your theory, though. Charter is full of crap.

To top it all off they don't provide ABC in high def here in St. Louis because of a squabble they have over fees with the local ABC affiliate. As we all know, the Super Bowl is on ABC this year. It's gonna be just wonderful watching the game on my big screen high def tv - in analog. Friggin a-holes.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To top it all off they don't provide ABC in high def here in St. Louis because of a squabble they have over fees with the local ABC affiliate.  As we all know, the Super Bowl is on ABC this year.  It's gonna be just wonderful watching the game on my big screen high def tv - in analog.  Friggin a-holes.

586854[/snapback]

Can't you go out and buy a $20 antenna to get the ABC feed off the air? The Silver Sensor is supposed to work really really well. It'd be worth it in my mind :doh: Check out www.antennaweb.org to see how far you are from the towers.

CW

Can't you go out and buy a $20 antenna to get the ABC feed off the air?  The Silver Sensor is supposed to work really really well.  It'd be worth it in my mind :doh:  Check out www.antennaweb.org to see how far you are from the towers.

CW

586855[/snapback]

I have a silver sensor for sale if anyone needs it.

Can't you go out and buy a $20 antenna to get the ABC feed off the air?  The Silver Sensor is supposed to work really really well.  It'd be worth it in my mind :doh:  Check out www.antennaweb.org to see how far you are from the towers.

CW

586855[/snapback]

My tv doesn't have a built in HD tuner, so can't pick it up over the air. Has to go through the cable box.

My tv doesn't have a built in HD tuner, so can't pick it up over the air.  Has to go through the cable box.

586876[/snapback]

Your cable box doesn't accept OTA inputs either?

Stupid cable company...

CW

But does Direct TV still require having a landline phone in order to be a customer?  Damned archaic Direct TV....

586915[/snapback]

They say they do, but it's not true. You need it for software updates of the DVR, and if you buy PPV. In addition, if it's not connected, the TiVo gives you a nag screen every day, but it doesn't affect functionality.

I had mine disconnected for a couple of years and they never said anything.

CW

Yeah, I have Charter too and they used to have it included in a separate sports tier.  But they completely removed it from their lineup about 2 months ago because they said their wasn't enough interest.  I tend to believe your theory, though.  Charter is full of crap. 

586854[/snapback]

Yeah, they lied to you then....What happened was that the NFL wanted NFL Network moved into one particular tier, but Charter didn't want to do that. The NFL got pissed off and pulled the programming. If I remember correctly, Charter wanted it in the Family tier and the NFL wanted it in the sports tier. So now I have friggin ESPN Classic.....WHOOOOOPIE!! :doh:

By describing this as a "run up to the playoffs" package, are they implying that the NFL Network will have a flexible schedule and be able change/ choose what games will be shown on Thursdays and Saturdays?

Also, are they saying that the 8 game package will be 2 games per week [one thursday nite and one Saturday nite] over the last 4 weeks of the regular season?

it's not entirely clear to me, but i've been drinking a little. thanks

If you guys can believe this, Charter pissed off the NFL apparently and they PULLED the channel from my cable....I am so fuggin PISSED.

586780[/snapback]

I, too, have Charter...When I called, it was explained that the NFL Network desired to be placed in a lower channel number, not in the 300's like it was here..I wudda paid extra to have NFLN in the lower numbers instead of some sterling channel like LifeTime or the equally hideous ShopNBC or any of the other useless shopping channels..

Seriously.  Can you imagine if all of non-satellite Manhattan can't watch the Thursday and Saturday games?  All of that money left on the table...

586803[/snapback]

Remember that you're talking about a system where a disagreement between the cable company and the YES network left NY Yankee games off the air in NYC for at least a month. Fans can and o lose out when media giants battle one another - no lock that things will be worked out in time.

The only think I don't like about this is, the NFL Network isn't in HD.  Hopefully that will come soon.

587121[/snapback]

NFL Network does some stuff in HD. If I recall correctly, I've read that (on DirecTV at least), it's on a channel in the 90s when they do broadcast HD. That's far and few between right now, but it does exist.

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/listings

Look at the "Game of the Week," for example.

CW

NFL Network does some stuff in HD.  If I recall correctly, I've read that (on DirecTV at least), it's on a channel in the 90s when they do broadcast HD.  That's far and few between right now, but it does exist.

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/listings

Look at the "Game of the Week,"  for example.

CW

587170[/snapback]

They supposedly do carry some programming in HD, but on DirecTV I have not yet been able to find it. The DirecTV folks told me what channel they "thought" the programming was carried on, but they haven't been right yet.

They supposedly do carry some programming in HD, but on DirecTV I have not yet been able to find it. The DirecTV folks told me what channel they "thought" the programming was carried on, but they haven't been right yet.

587179[/snapback]

Cool. I'll have to keep on the lookout for this.

I, too, have Charter...When I called, it was explained that the NFL Network desired to be placed in a lower channel number, not in the 300's like it was here..I wudda paid extra to have NFLN in the lower numbers instead of some sterling channel like LifeTime or the equally hideous ShopNBC or any of the other useless shopping channels..

587136[/snapback]

Great, so we the fans get to suffer because of this crap. I'm pissed at the NFL for their stance, and I'm pissed at Charter for not doing something about it. I used to come home from work, put channel 321 on, and plop down at my computer....it was like a ritual. FUGGERS!!!

Great, so we the fans get to suffer because of this crap. I'm pissed at the NFL for their stance, and I'm pissed at Charter for not doing something about it. I used to come home from work, put channel 321 on, and plop down at my computer....it was like a ritual. FUGGERS!!!

587307[/snapback]

http://www.directv.com

:blink: