Who's for Bledsoe?

Frez

Oh, good. You posted another Bledsoe thread. I'm just curious...since this thread and the thread you started about the Patriots' gameplan had all of about eight minutes between each other, I can't help but wonder....

Are you Spiked Lemonade?

Oh, wait. Spiked was banned for doing this.

Sorry. My bad. Where were we? Oh, yes...another Bledsoe thread.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am for Bledsoe, until we have a better option. He didn't play that horribly in game 1, and I have to hope week 2 was an abberation of what we will be seeing from him the rest of the season. Call me an apologist, or whatever you need to call me, but I am a Bills fan. The last time I missed a Bills game was in 1988. I will be watching all Bills games this season, no matter how awful they may look. I have to hope that Drew has something left in the tank, or it will not be as much fun to watch the games....it will be drudgery. Drew sucked last year, the Bills sucked last year. Which came first? I don't know, and nobody on the wall knows...we just have to watch, and we will. This is a new season. We have had two disappointing losses. Couldn't we have 14 unlikely victories, or somewhere there abouts? The season is still very young, don't ruin it for yourselves. If the Bills finish 2-14, we will still all be chomping at the bit next May for football season to get here....

I supported Drew before the season and I still support him as our starting QB until Losman is ready to play. Let's face it, Mathews wasn't on any one of 32 teams for a reason, and I don't see him producing any better results, particularly when the line in front of him is as mediocre as ours.

It's hard for me to imagine watching our first two game this year and arriving at the conclusion that Bledsoe is the "problem"; instead he looks to be performing his job in the offense he's been handed. Now on the offensive side I HAVE seen some awful work out of our backfield in picking up blitzes and I also noticed last week that the QB who threw the worst passes in the game ended up winning anyway- for the simple fact that his receivers appeared to want it far more by going hard after those poor balls he threw. As bad as Bledsoe appeared to be throwing the ball post head shot Sunday on first look, a second view showed that there were 5 of those "bad" passes of his that were hardly tough catches to make. In fact they all would fall into the category of balls that SHOULD have been caught IMO.

Since you want to bench Bledsoe for not playing up to par, I guess I'm for benching the entire offense, because in my opinion, every single one of them sucked the first two games.

The hard part to believe is that Bledsoe is actually the best person on our offense now.  Name one player on the offense that has played well so far.

42426[/snapback]

This is the most salient point about this issue made this season. Name ONE GUY

(include the kickers if you like) who has impressed you. It takes 11 guys to make an offense work, not just one guy wearing # 11.

I agree with most of the people who have posted on this topic already. I gave up on Bledsoe at the end of last year but am plesently surprised at his improvement from last year. He is throwing faster and more conservatively (i.e. low or away from any defender that is closing on the receiver), trying to be a possession QB, instead of being his more comfortable homerun self.

He did some backsliding this last game and did not look sharp at times, especially taking a couple of those sacks (though at least he's not fumbling!). I really wonder if he got a concussion during the game. I've been traveling for work and haven't read anything the last couple days. Does anyone know? I'd be thrilled if he played like he did against the Jags in 12 of the remaining 14 games this season.

Gee, I seem to remember that there were Bledsoe bashers on this board when I joined it nearly two years ago...in the middle of a Pro Bowl season.

There were actually people on this board two years ago wanting AVP as the starting QB. Now, AVP's a bright guy, and from what I hear a serviceable color commentator, but he wasn't a starter. I think his efforts in the past proved that.

My point is that Drew could lead the team to the playoffs every year and there would still be those complaining that he isn't mobile enough (which may be true). These are the same type of people enamored with the Michael Vicks and the Donovan McNabbs of the world...until you realize that all that running around these QBs do eventually opens them up to take vicious shots from linebackers. Vick, McNabb, and Aaron Brooks have had some significant injuries in their careers. How many super-mobile QBs have won Super Bowls?

I'm sticking with Drew until he gets hurt and Shane Matthews comes in and the Drew bashers have their wet dream come true.

Until Matthews goes 4-20 with 2 INTs and people are begging for a not-ready-for-prime-time J.P. Losman (who I think will be a fine pro QB...IN TIME).

Some people are just never satisfied, or believe that the grass is greener on the other side.

Mike

Gee, I seem to remember that there were Bledsoe bashers on this board when I joined it nearly two years ago...in the middle of a Pro Bowl season.

There were actually people on this board two years ago wanting AVP as the starting QB.  Now, AVP's a bright guy, and from what I hear a serviceable color commentator, but he wasn't a starter.  I think his efforts in the past proved that.

My point is that Drew could lead the team to the playoffs every year and there would still be those complaining that he isn't mobile enough (which may be true).  These are the same type of people enamored with the Michael Vicks and the Donovan McNabbs of the world...until you realize that all that running around these QBs do eventually opens them up to take vicious shots from linebackers.  Vick, McNabb, and Aaron Brooks have had some significant injuries in their careers.  How many super-mobile QBs have won Super Bowls?

I'm sticking with Drew until he gets hurt and Shane Matthews comes in and the Drew bashers have their wet dream come true. 

Until Matthews goes 4-20 with 2 INTs and people are begging for a not-ready-for-prime-time J.P. Losman (who I think will be a fine pro QB...IN TIME).

Some people are just never satisfied, or believe that the grass is greener on the other side.

Mike

42485[/snapback]

Tru Dat!!

This is the most salient point about this issue made this season. Name ONE GUY

(include the kickers if you like) who has impressed you. It takes 11 guys to make an offense work, not just one guy wearing # 11.

42467[/snapback]

Unfortunatly, there is only ONE GUY that touches the football on everyplay (except the center, smartasses). And that's the QB. It isnt a fair comparison, and everyone trying to make it knows so.

Moulds CANT play well when the ball is thrown at his feet, over his head, or at him at 1000MPH. This applies to all the recievers.

Like it or not, the QB takes more heat than anyone, and rightfully so. He has the most to do with the offense.

Interesting that retired NFL Pro-Bowl OTackle Lincoln Kennedy said today on the NFL Network that Bills fans were morons for blaming Bledsoe for the 0-2 start- "I've watched their film and anybody with any sense realizes the problems stem from blocking- Bledsoe is a very good QB who stands too long in the pocket some times- who cares? He's big enough to do it".

My, my Lincoln. Why interject so much of your onfield football knowledge into a debate being directed by a few fans who have drafted 14 quarterbacks for their fantasy teams and can't understand why they lose every week?

Since the competition is 2 injured guys, an NFL Europe player and Shane "Falco" Matthews, I'm goin' with Drew v. the Patsies.

42419[/snapback]

Hey, I like Shane Falco! How's that one line go again?

Pain heals.

Chicks dig scars.

Glory lasts forever.

Great movie. But since comparing Falco to Matthews is an insult to Falco, think I'll stick with #11. But, J.P. ? Get well soon, kiddo......

Interesting that retired NFL Pro-Bowl OTackle Lincoln Kennedy said today on the NFL Network that Bills fans were morons for blaming Bledsoe for the 0-2 start- "I've watched their film and anybody with any sense realizes the problems stem from blocking- Bledsoe is a very good QB who stands too long in the pocket some times- who cares? He's big enough to do it".

My, my Lincoln. Why interject so much of your onfield football knowledge into a debate being directed by a few fans who have drafted 14 quarterbacks for their fantasy teams and can't understand why they lose every week?

42571[/snapback]

::standing ovation:: Couldn't have said it better myself.

:P:o:o:o

Tom Donahoe should've realized when we traded for bledsoe that the first thing a pocket passer needs is an offensive line. Peyton manning isn't mobile, but oh thats right bill polian has done a great job getting an offensive line. Ladies and Gentlemen especially those who are Qb fixated and honestly believe it all starts with the Qb need to realize To win in the national football league you have to have bodies up front. Lawrence Smith, Chris Villarial don't cut it, Trey Teague is too small to play center, Mike Williams is a bust, and jennings is average at best. It's too bad you play with the hand you're dealt. And if it doesn't change, meaning we don't get better across the line and when Losman gets his shot and becomes a sack magent. Maybe than Bledsoe haters will realize "WOW IT REALLY IS THE LINE" :blink:

Given the NFL average amount of time before being engulfed by the opposition, Bledsoe would be an above average NFL QB. Watching other games, the QB's consistently get more time to decide what to do than Bledsoe gets.

I'm for him. I think he's smart, has a good arm, and he puts a classy, marketable (ticket-selling) face on the Buffalo Bills--which will keep the franchise in town, which is the biggest of all considerations. And people just simply like him.

Now exactly when are we going to replace all of that with...with whatever the name of the 2nd-string-guy-at-the-moment happens to be?

I like the post that mentioned that since Drew has the Buffalo helmut on then I am rooting for him. I think every member of the offense should be held responsible just as much or if not more than Drew for the failings of scoring. Penalties, dropped passes, fumbles, not picking up blitzers, etc. These are not Drew's fault and it seems that each member is contributing. If it is not one problem it is another. Also since Drew is a member of this team I am still going to root and wish that he does well. I am waiting to mid season to pass judgement on him.

Go Bills!!

Considering the alternatives, I say keep him, for now...Count me among the "apologists," I guess. 

Even without the alternatives, if you consider benching him you should consider benching half the offense for the same reasons...

42388[/snapback]

Hmmmmm. You got a point there. :blink: