Could Donahoe get fired after this year?

freester

Does anyone think this is likely?  Who would you want instead?

42209[/snapback]

Someone who can point to being associated with a winning team for the past five years. I think this retroactively disqualifies the white rat.

Not a chance. Not going to happen. Even if the Bills go 0-16.

Donahoe has the team going well outside of on the field at the moment. The stadium is sold out, the box seats are sold out and Mr. Wilson appears to be satisfied. He gets a buy this year since he just hired a new coach and staff.

Does anyone think this is likely?  Who would you want instead?

42209[/snapback]

I think Ralph would be absolutely stupid to even think about getting rid of TD, and I would bet that a lot of you who think we SHOULD will feel differently in the next year or so.

Fact is it depends upon what happens over the rest of this year and the nature of his contract.

In terms of predictions, it appears extremely doubtful that they will even compete for much less make the playoffs this year, but stranger things have happened. Even if they don't make it to the playoffs, if they finish the year on a winning streak so that things look hopeful for next year, he certainly stays,

Even if they suck in their play the rest of this year, he apparently has another year left on his contract at least and all signs point to him having taken care of the business side of the Bills well, upgrading the ticketing function into the 20th century finally, attracting competent guys to the braintrust, negotiated contracts well (though this matters less as far as the bottomline under the salary cap, and got them out of cap hell a least a year earlier than expected, Long term ticket sales and Business Backs the Bills seems to be cooking with gas also.

It adds up to even if the team sux on the field this year he almost certainly stays another season.

I think the consensus here is that he's done very well. Even on the field, he hasn't done THAT bad. This team was 6-2 before it collapsed in 2002. Not entirely TD's fault. Yeah, he could have hired a coach with gonads, but they were 6-2 after 8 games. Last year? they were 2-0 before the eagles (0-2) came to town. Not TD's fault. He'll get a lot of blame for what happened, but that was on the coaches. This year? Too early to tell. So far, it looks like all this team needs is a wake up call.

Donahoe has the team going well outside of on the field at the moment.  The stadium is sold out, the box seats are sold out and Mr. Wilson appears to be satisfied.  He gets a buy this year since he just hired a new coach and staff.

42505[/snapback]

Precisely! B)

In my humble opinion (echoing that of many on this thread) TD will be the GM of this team as long as RW is still around.

RW loves him...and why shouldn't he? As team president, TD has worked magic to keep ticket sales and revenues high. The Bills are very profitable right now and we haven't had a winning season in far too long. So imagine how profitable they will be once we start to win!

Ralph made TD his guy and will stick with him till the end.

And frankly...I'm okay with that. I know there is a lot of TD bashing on this board, but I like him.

I like Donahoe a lot and I'm not ready to dump him. But I do truly believe that he isn't even the best GM in our organization. I would hand over the reigns to Modrak in a second. Or at least let Modrak handle drafting and talent evaluation. I think TDs cap skills are about as good as they get, but I dont think he can match Modrak in the talent department.

peace

Take a look at the replies so far, freester. Notice that they almost all support TD.

That might seem surprising, considering he is currently 17-33 as a GM here, but

not so spurprising if you realize that Buffao fans - most of them - are used to losing and accept losing.

Why that is so could only be answered by a good historian.

Take a look at the replies so far, freester.  Notice that they almost all support TD.

That might seem surprising, considering he is currently 17-33 as a GM here, but

not so spurprising if you realize that Buffao fans - most of them - are used to losing and accept losing.

Why that is so could only be answered by a good historian.

42844[/snapback]

Donahoe has brainwashed most everyone it seems.

How anyone can look at what this guy has done and be impressed enough to keep him on board any longer is a mystery.

The guy sucks, and his record as our GM proves it so.

I think the consensus here is that he's done very well.  Even on the field, he hasn't done THAT bad.  This team was 6-2 before it collapsed in 2002.  Not entirely TD's fault.  Yeah, he could have hired a coach with gonads, but they were 6-2 after 8 games.  Last year?  they were 2-0 before the eagles (0-2) came to town.  Not TD's fault.  He'll get a lot of blame for what happened, but that was on the coaches.  This year?  Too early to tell.  So far, it looks like all this team needs is a wake up call.

42606[/snapback]

if the bills lose to the pats, they will be 17-34 since donohoe's arrival. that translates to 54-108 in baseball.

by the way, contra scott pitoniak, the bills were 5-3 in 02, not 6-2.

Donahoe has the team going well outside of on the field at the moment.  The stadium is sold out, the box seats are sold out and Mr. Wilson appears to be satisfied.  He gets a buy this year since he just hired a new coach and staff.

42505[/snapback]

The stadium is not sold out nor are the boxes(club suite seats). :rolleyes:

Well From what I recall Pitt. fit that bill when TD was brought here. He won there. Which brings up a good point, for those sayings he's such a terrible GM; He was canned in Pitt supposedly for not getting along with Cowler, not for losing. The talent he's brought in here certainly looks good on paper, particually on defense. Most of the people around here supported the moved he made when he made them. Afterwards when they didn't work out, then the moves were questioned. Did he make a mistake in hiring Williams, yes, but over the years he's probably drafted, signed un-restricted free agents, signed un-drafted free agents totalling in the 1000's. But he's only signed 3 coaches and I'm not even sure he was the GM back when Cowler was signed?? So he certainly has less experience there.

Considering at the time RW felt it would take five years to straighten things out, I'm sure he'll get at least one more year to turn things around.

Someone who can point to being associated with a winning team for the past five years.  I think this retroactively disqualifies the white rat.

42214[/snapback]