MOBILITY is OVERRATED

Take a look at the teams that have made it to the Superbowl the past 10 years. Did they make it because their QB was mobile? No. Did they make it because they had an above average offensive line?

Sure it is fun to watch Vick or Culpepper run around and it seems like they bring more to the table. The truth is a bad line is a bad line. It doesn't matter how fast your QB is, YOU ARE NOT GOING TO WIN.

Take a look at the teams that have made it to the Superbowl the past 10 years. Did they make it because their QB was mobile? No. Did they make it because they had an above average offensive line?

Sure it is fun to watch Vick or Culpepper run around and it seems like they bring more to the table. The truth is a bad line is a bad line. It doesn't matter how fast your QB is, YOU ARE NOT GOING TO WIN.

41636[/snapback]

Then why did TD draft Losman? DB isn't that old. Just fix the OL and off we go to the SB with DB at the helm!!!! :blink:

41636[/snapback]

to qoute one of your last idiotic replies froma previous post,

"this is one of the dumbest posts i've ever read here".--- coachchuckdikerson

get a clue chuck!

hey chuck what do vick, culpepper and mc nabb all have in common? they have all won a game this year. and their combined records are 5 and 1. get a clue chuck.

the thick skull is yours.

it's not about vick-like running.

it's about the ability to create a moving pocket.

Tom Brady is a mobile quarterback. In fact, he's one of the best. He can get you the tough 6 yards with his feet if no one's open on 3rd down. But more importantly, he knows how to shuffle and slide and create space for himself.

bledsoe is the worst QB in the NFL at this. He's just okay at stepping up, if he has a pocket. He's pretty bad at shuffling left and right, and he's downright pathetic at rolling right or left.

These things prevent defenses from simply pinning their ears back and rushing to a spot 5 yards behind the line. This is what contributes to making the Bills OLine look so bad. With a mobile QB, our OLinemen look MUCH, MUCH better, immediately.

you might retort with the fatuous question, "if that's true, why did Rojo get sacked so much?"

The answer is simple. RoJo had quick feet, but he had TERRIBLE INSTINCTS and ZERO pocket awareness. He was also made of fuggin glass.

You absolutely HAVE to have a mobile QB in this league if you expect to win. It's the misunderstanding of the terms involved that creates debate. properly defined, there IS NO DEBATE.

One of the other things with Drew’s poor mobility is that he absolutely, positively cannot run to his left and make a throw or a play. There is never a need to contain on that side of the field. Defenders in the secondary can almost always overplay Drew’s right (their left) as soon as there is any sign that the pocket is breaking down.

I somewhat agree that benching him now is not the answer. The key decision was made by the organization in the offseason when they didn’t release him and reworked his contract. Now is not the time to go in a different direction, but those who backed Drew in the offseason horse race aren’t looking like they’ll be headed to the window anytime soon.

to qoute one of your last idiotic replies froma previous post,

"this is one of the dumbest posts i've ever read here".---  coachchuckdikerson

get a clue chuck!

hey chuck what do vick, culpepper and mc nabb all have in common?  they have all won a game this year.  and their combined records are 5 and 1.  get a clue chuck.

41653[/snapback]

So has Manning, Warner and Pennington. I take back what I said about the previous post because yours definitely qualifies as the dumbest.

So has Manning, Warner and Pennington. I take back what I said about the previous post because yours definitely qualifies as the dumbest.

42018[/snapback]

No Mr. Dickerson yours definetly takes the cake. I'd take Mc Nabb, Culpepper or Vick over any one3 of the three you just named. The only idiot qith the thick scull here is you my friend.

41636[/snapback]

Tell that to Steve Young, Jeff Garcia, Daunte Culpepper, Donovan McNabb, Micheal Vick, Mark Brunell, and yes....John Elway. Every one of them are winners.

And yes even Kordell had a winning record and he didn't even know to throw the ball but he could scramble.

He's just okay at stepping up, if he has a pocket.

41657[/snapback]

I wouldn't even give him that (assuming that he occasionaly has a pocket).

When Bledsoe tries to move it conjurs an image of a loony toons character as they first start to run, feet moving rapidly, but no actual progress.

If he can get his throws back on track we may be ok.