Please don't take D'Brick if available

marck

How about Eric Winston of Miami (310 lbs) in the the second round? He is coming off an ACL in last season so he may last into the second or (hopefully) third round but has all the tools and was dominant at tackle after being recruited as a tight end (sound familiar?). This guy might be worth a gamble in the second round.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How about Eric Winston of Miami (310 lbs) in the the second round?  He is coming off an ACL in last season so he may last into the second or (hopefully) third round but has all the tools and was dominant at tackle after being recruited as a tight end (sound familiar?).  This guy might be worth a gamble in the second round.

573936[/snapback]

Funny, I was going to post the same guy. I think he will receive a lot of comparisons to Gallery because he is a 6'7" former tightend. He was pretty dominant in college and would be a steal in the second round. However, some scounts have him as a mid first rounder so it's hard to tell where he'll go. He may dominate the senior bowl an shoot up the charts.

Funny, I was going to post the same guy.  I think he will receive a lot of comparisons to Gallery because he is a 6'7" former tightend.  He was pretty dominant in college and would be a steal in the second round.  However, some scounts have him as a mid first rounder so it's hard to tell where he'll go.  He may dominate the senior bowl an shoot up the charts.

573941[/snapback]

Here's one mock that has Dallas taking him at #18.

http://www.draftshowcase.com/swmock06.htm

How about Eric Winston of Miami (310 lbs) in the the second round?  He is coming off an ACL in last season so he may last into the second or (hopefully) third round but has all the tools and was dominant at tackle after being recruited as a tight end (sound familiar?).  This guy might be worth a gamble in the second round.

573936[/snapback]

By most reports Winston is the 2nd best OT in the draft behind Brick, so he likely won't be available with our 2nd Rounder. Infact I've been advocating we take him with our 1st pick for quite some time now.

You know that you can!  <_<

The Bills suck because they neglected the OL for at least a decade. OK, it IS true that TD did try more than Mr. Butler, but he brought us slobs and scrubs.

573056[/snapback]

do you really think he tried more than butler? butler drafted ruben in the top half of the first round, played a large part in drafting fina in the first round, and drafted a few guys in the third (louchiey, hicks). he also drafted dusty ziegler and signed joe panos to a big contract (panos was actually, genuinely good for philly before he got hurt in buffalo). did he succeed? no, but he certainly *tried* as hard as donohoe, who had spent one first rounder and one third rounder on the o-line. the guys he brought were late round guys who came cheap (i'm including teague and villarrial in this group).

do you really think he tried more than butler? butler drafted ruben in the top half of the first round, played a large part in drafting fina in the first round, and drafted a few guys in the third (louchiey, hicks).  he also drafted dusty ziegler and signed joe panos to a big contract (panos was actually, genuinely good for philly before he got hurt in buffalo).  did he succeed? no, but he certainly *tried* as hard as donohoe, who had spent one first rounder and one third rounder on the o-line. the guys he brought were late round guys who came cheap (i'm including teague and villarrial in this group).

573960[/snapback]

I think Bill was trying to be generous and throw the TD apologists a bone.

Butler may not have built the Great Wall, but he did try and in retrospect his efforts were better than TD. I'd take Jerry Ostroski over anybody on the current line. The current cast of creampuffs oozes badly.

I admit, I have not seen UVA play a lot, but from the little I've observed, I'm not overly impressed with Da Brick. I'm afraid we pick him & he ends up being a 5-year, $35+M finesse LT with no mean streak who gets beaten up by more physical players if/when the Bills return to the playoffs. I would much rather go DL for the 1st pick & go OL in round 2 and/or round 3.