The OFFICIAL American Idol 2006 Thread

Rico

Paula looked prety high tonight... again. :D

614534[/snapback]

I wish we could just skip over her and get twice the amt of Simon.....I"m so sick of her saying how so and so just warms her heart and all that sappy sh--.....same thing, over and over.

I was dying when she asked simon whether he'd smile if he were riding a rollercoaster....he goes, "yes.......if you fell off" ;)

I thought most of the performances were lousy compared to last week....I don't know what was up with them tonight, but hopefully the guys will take it up a notch tomorrow. Pretty average show tonight I thought.

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd have to replay it, but Paula was fumbling over her words and what came out I believe,  was she told a contestant "you blow"! :D

614615[/snapback]

LOL!!! She did say that!!

I think that had to have been the weakest season....I love Diana Degarmo, and I think she's making some waves on Broadway right now according to the local news reports....but overall the talent that year was pretty lousy. Last year was worth it just to see Bo Bice do his thing (and to lust after Carrie Underwood), and I think this year will be even better. But yeah, mantasia....wow....just did nothing for me.

What's up with Reuben?? I still remember he did a rendition of the Bee Gees "How Can You Mend a Broken Heart" that was AWESOME.

612252[/snapback]

I'm still lusting after carrie underwood, although now i am beginning to lust for Kally Pickler...that southern accent definitely does it for me.

Seriously if Taylor Hicks doesn't win I will have to eat my own underpants.

614916[/snapback]

Would you prefer those underpants with syrup or jelly? The problem with him is the people that he will appeal to won't vote. Personally I love the guy and definately want him to win. Unfortunately there isn't a chance in hell that he will. The best he can hope for is he'll have a recording career after the exposure that the show is giving him.

Would you prefer those underpants with syrup or jelly?  The problem with him is the people that he will appeal to won't vote.  Personally I love the guy and definately want him to win.  Unfortunately there isn't a chance in hell that he will.  The best he can hope for is he'll have a recording career after the exposure that the show is giving him.

614952[/snapback]

Well, exposure and a recording contract are two of the biggest reasons to be a contestant on AI...right? Hicks will definately get a contract and has the exposure he needs. He'll probably be better served if he DOESN'T win. Then he may not have as many AI commitments and all the bulls#it baggage that comes from winning that show.

Well, exposure and a recording contract are two of the biggest reasons to be a contestant on AI...right? 

614960[/snapback]

Right. I'm not saying no. I'm just saying he won't win unfortunately. Or fortunately if you're looking at it from your perspective.

Taylor Hicks will get the autistic vote... don't think it'll be enough. :P

614983[/snapback]

Oh wow, the joke possibilities to tag on to what you just said are ENDLESS.....but I'll resist :unsure:

I actually think that finishing 2nd or 3rd really can be the best thing for someone who has legit talent on the show. As I said in a post WAY up above, the cool thing about AI is that you develop the fan base FIRST, then you cut the music. Usually it's the other way around. That's part of the brilliance of the show, and it's why someone like Taylor Hicks was very smart to give it a go. If he can stick around for the next however many weeks, cut lots of those little promos that cause America to really get to know him, and give some strong performances, he'll be set for life.

Oh wow, the joke possibilities to tag on to what you just said are ENDLESS.....but I'll resist :P

615411[/snapback]

I was going to say Jerry's Kids, but I thought that was crossing the line. :unsure:

I was going to say Jerry's Kids, but I thought that was crossing the line. :doh:

615769[/snapback]

LOL!

I thought the guys definitely improved from last week.....Daughtry can just plain bring it....I don't like him as much as I did Bo Bice, but I enjoy his performances. That Yamin guy kicked ass tonight, too....I hadn't really cared for him before this. Taylor was okay, not great....the one guy I thought kicked ass, though I HATE Kenny Rogers, was that Will kid. I don't know they can hack all over him and then praise the Benny guy, or whatever his name is. Will was like a vegetable on stage, but his voice is HUGE. He needs to animate himself a little and I think he'll get better feedback. I also thought Sway was better tonight, but the judges didn't agree with me. Ace plain crapped the bed trying to mimic Daniel Bedingfield.....I thought he sucked.

Girls won last week....guys were much better this week

Best line of the week was after Brenna sang "Last Dance", Simon told her....

"Change dance to chance and that sums up your performance this week." :doh:  :huh:

616025[/snapback]

lol, yeah Simon had a pretty good week with the play on words

I think Ruben will come out on top..but watch out for that Clay Aiken kid...

616222[/snapback]

Ruuuuuuuuuuuuu-bennn

That little nerdy kid has got to go! HE is fricking terrible. I feel bad for him he is so bad (I usually laugh when people are bad).

I predict the nerd and the kid who sang Sinatra are gone.

For the women, the crazy chick (brena?) and the non-southern skinny blonde (sang a Maria Carey song I think) are gone.

That little nerdy kid has got to go! HE is fricking terrible. I feel bad for him he is so bad (I usually laugh when people are bad).

I predict the nerd and the kid who sang Sinatra are gone.

For the women, the crazy chick (brena?) and the non-southern skinny blonde (sang a Maria Carey song I think) are gone.

616448[/snapback]

Agree on all except the chicken little dude will stay (he is a lock for the uner 14 crowd). I think the others you mentioned will go and you can add Sway, the Jalapeno dude to your list.

Yeah, I think Chicken Large will make the top 12 easily.....he's entertaining, so people will keep him around a while, but then when things get serious he'll get booted off. You gotta give that little geek credit for hitting the national stage like a champ, though. It's not his fault people dig him ;)

Can someone explain to me why Bucky is still in the competition??? He seems like a good guy and all, but there is no talent that I see. I don't get it.

Yeah, I think Chicken Large will make the top 12 easily.....he's entertaining, so people will keep him around a while, but then when things get serious he'll get booted off. You gotta give that little geek credit for hitting the national stage like a champ, though. It's not his fault people dig him ;) 

Can someone explain to me why Bucky is still in the competition???  He seems like a good guy and all, but there is no talent that I see. I don't get it.

616476[/snapback]

I think Buckey did a great job with his song. HE is great for what he is - a country/Southern Rock guy. He just needs personality.

BTW, how exactly is the nerd entertaining?

I think Buckey did a great job with his song. HE is great for what he is - a country/Southern Rock guy. He just needs personality.

616487[/snapback]

The nerd is entertaining in the same way you thought Buckey did great - nothing more, nothing less -

The nerd is entertaining in the same way you thought Buckey did great - nothing more, nothing less -

616493[/snapback]

However, the Nerd has negative amounts of personality - he is a personality blackhole that sucks joy and happiness into an unknown abyss.

Buckey at least has some personality - he just needs more. Also, Buckey sounded good as opposed to the tone-deaf nerd who looks like he is singing with a gun to his head.

616487[/snapback]

Well I personally don't care for the nerds singing ability....and I don't think he's better than Bucky, but I don't see where Bucky has any talent either.....I thought he BUTCHERED that song last night. I dunno, I just don't see it.

I think the Sinatra kid (aka The Wedding Singer, as my wife calls him) goes. He looked pretty pi$$ed that they dared to criticize him, and my sources told me he took it out on a black jew with a glass eye back-stage.

That "sway" kid is a goner as well. He should have stuck with the "pimp" hat, because although it was his song selection that ultimately buried him, it's his fat head that turns me off. Also, I'm pretty sure no one who is a Hawaiian-Latino mix has ever made it past three weeks. Adio-loha, Sway. (Feel free to use it, but know that I have it copywritten)

Chicken Little stays for a few more weeks (probably a lot more than people would expect) because he's the Rudy of this competition, now. He's got a lisp. He's got no talent. There is no rational reason for him to even be on any stage what-so-ever. And yet, if I voted in these things (which I don't because that would be indirect support for the bloated corpse that is corporate rock), I'd vote to keep him around every damn week because I want to see what song he's going to butcher. I want to see this anti-hero, this anti-idol stick it to the man. This unremarkable, untalented, un-photogenic mess is the closest damn thing to punk rock you will ever see on that show. Yes, you read that correctly. He's so non-threatening he's down-right dangerous. "Sid" Covais will be a thorn in corporate rock n roll's side for at least another month. (He's got to ditch the bland parents, though. They make me uncomfortable.)

If that Bucky kid doesn't go this week, beware of the wrath of the Country Music fans. He's all they've got. There's no NASCAR race this weekend, so if they sober up and get wind that one of their kin is on that thar tell-vishun shee-oh, they will vote en masse for him. Don't underestimate The Red State Factor, but don't overestimate how many own TVs or telephones.

Chicken Little stays for a few more weeks (probably a lot more than people would expect) because he's the Rudy of this competition, now.  He's got a lisp.  He's got no talent.  There is no rational reason for him to even be on any stage what-so-ever.  And yet, if I voted in these things (which I don't because that would be indirect support for the bloated corpse that is corporate rock), I'd vote to keep him around every damn week because I want to see what song he's going to butcher.  I want to see this anti-hero, this anti-idol stick it to the man.  This unremarkable, untalented, un-photogenic mess is the closest damn thing to punk rock you will ever see on that show.  Yes, you read that correctly.  He's so non-threatening he's down-right dangerous.  "Sid" Covais will be a thorn in corporate rock n roll's side for at least another month.  (He's got to ditch the bland parents, though.  They make me uncomfortable.)

616595[/snapback]

Now that is the first good reason I have heard to keep him. This reminds me - is that web site still active that tries to recruit people to vote for the worst performer? OBviously the Nerd is it. Down with corporate power!

I think the Sinatra kid (aka The Wedding Singer, as my wife calls him) goes.  He looked pretty pi$$ed that they dared to criticize him, and my sources told me he took it out on a black jew with a glass eye back-stage. 

That "sway" kid is a goner as well.  He should have stuck with the "pimp" hat, because although it was his song selection that ultimately buried him, it's his fat head that turns me off.  Also, I'm pretty sure no one who is a Hawaiian-Latino mix has ever made it past three weeks.  Adio-loha, Sway.  (Feel free to use it, but know that I have it copywritten)

Chicken Little stays for a few more weeks (probably a lot more than people would expect) because he's the Rudy of this competition, now.  He's got a lisp.  He's got no talent.  There is no rational reason for him to even be on any stage what-so-ever.  And yet, if I voted in these things (which I don't because that would be indirect support for the bloated corpse that is corporate rock), I'd vote to keep him around every damn week because I want to see what song he's going to butcher.  I want to see this anti-hero, this anti-idol stick it to the man.  This unremarkable, untalented, un-photogenic mess is the closest damn thing to punk rock you will ever see on that show.  Yes, you read that correctly.  He's so non-threatening he's down-right dangerous.  "Sid" Covais will be a thorn in corporate rock n roll's side for at least another month.  (He's got to ditch the bland parents, though.  They make me uncomfortable.)

If that Bucky kid doesn't go this week, beware of the wrath of the Country Music fans.  He's all they've got.  There's no NASCAR race this weekend, so if they sober up and get wind that one of their kin is on that thar tell-vishun shee-oh, they will vote en masse for him.  Don't underestimate The Red State Factor, but don't overestimate how many own TVs or telephones.

616595[/snapback]

Bravo!

Yeah, Nerd Boy isn't going anywhere, we've seen this all before...

only thing he's missing is the trach hole in his neck. :lol:

616681[/snapback]

LOL....well at least Fedorov could sing a little.....chicken large is not much better than the singin' cowboy ;)

I'm still undecided as to who I will be backing this year, & shall wait until the Final 12 has been decided... right now, I'm leaning towards Spazz Hicks, I think he learned some moves from Crazy Dave. ;)

I'm still undecided as to who I will be backing this year, & shall wait until the Final 12 has been decided... right now, I'm leaning towards Spazz Hicks, I think he learned some moves from Crazy Dave. ;)

616768[/snapback]

LOL! CRAZY DAVE! They need to hook that dude up with an encore at some point during the season :lol:

Yeah, Nerd Boy isn't going anywhere, we've seen this all before...

only thing he's missing is the trach hole in his neck. :)

616681[/snapback]

I feel dirty when he pops up on my TV. Like I should be calling the Better Business Bureau to report them on abuse of child labor laws. Seriously, kids in sweatshops in Malaysia are not exploited as much as this sock puppet.

I do have to quit watching this show, it's putting the freaking zap to my head. Now I find myself equating smashed potatoes with snaggleteeth. Thanks AI.

Here's my breakdown of who's left:

Guys:

Ace: He's very lucky to still be around. Both times he has been unimpressive. His good looks will carry him only so far.

Bucky: Good at what he does which may limit him. Could make it to the final 12, but will be an early exit.

Chris: One of the few guys who actually has talent. He will go far, maybe even to the last 2.

Elliot: Middle of the pack contestant who has'nt stood out yet. Has a chance to go far, but must step up fast.

Gedeon: Limited talent. Better off singing slow ballads then fast paced songs. Will not last much longer.

Kevin: I think the kid is pretty good. Not the best, but not the worst either. Another middle of the pack guy.

Taylor: In my opinion this is the dark horse contestant. Has talent, and could go far. If he stays consistent, he could sneak into the remaining 6 and get past a few of the projected favorites.

Will: Has talent and could make some noise. Needs to show more emotion instead of just standing around.

Ladies:

Ayla: Probably the biggest surprise of the group. She has the voice, but could get overlooked due to her personality.

Katherine: Co-favorite contestant, has the talent, personality, and likability. Should reach the final 4.

Kelly: Another Co-favorite just like Katharine. Simon was right when he said she could get votes just by telling the calamari story. Should reach the final 4.

Kinnik: Unimpressive in a very strong group. Unless she really stands out next week, she will be gone.

Lisa: Has a lot of talent and should be able to get to the remaining 6, from there it'll be interesting.

Mandisa: Another very talented contestant whose only drawback could be her age.

If she makes a connection with the younger crowd, she will go far.

Melissa: Deserves to be in the final 12, but could be phased out since she is'nt well known.

Paris: Third Co-Favorite of the group. It's amazing how different her singing voice is compared to her speaking voice. Final 4 likely.

Overall: The ladies group is much better than the guys. It's unfortunate that we have to have 6 and 6 of each. There are some of the women who should be allowed to go on, since there are only 3 or 4 guys who deserve to be here.

I think Ace & Gedeon should be the next guys to go. Kinnik will be gone also, after that it's tough. Melissa seems like the obvious choice to leave, but that's only if one of the other ladies does terrible next week.

I think in the long run we will have another female American Idol.

Here's my breakdown of who's left:

Guys:

Ace: He's very lucky to still be around. Both times he has been unimpressive. His good looks will carry him only so far.

Bucky: Good at what he does which may limit him. Could make it to the final 12, but will be an early exit.

Chris: One of the few guys who actually has talent. He will go far, maybe even to the last 2.

Elliot: Middle of the pack contestant who has'nt stood out yet. Has a chance to go far, but must step up fast.

Gedeon: Limited talent. Better off singing slow ballads then fast paced songs. Will not last much longer.

Kevin: I think the kid is pretty good. Not the best, but not the worst either. Another middle of the pack guy.

Taylor: In my opinion this is the dark horse contestant. Has talent, and could go far. If he stays consistent, he could sneak into the remaining 6 and get past a few of the projected favorites.

Will: Has talent and could make some noise. Needs to show more emotion instead of just standing around.

Ladies:

Ayla: Probably the biggest surprise of the group. She has the voice, but could get overlooked due to her personality.

Katherine: Co-favorite contestant, has the talent, personality, and likability. Should reach the final 4.

Kelly: Another Co-favorite just like Katharine. Simon was right when he said she could get votes just by telling the calamari story. Should reach the final 4.

Kinnik: Unimpressive in a very strong group. Unless she really stands out next week, she will be gone.

Lisa: Has a lot of talent and should be able to get to the remaining 6, from there it'll be interesting.

Mandisa: Another very talented contestant whose only drawback could be her age.

If she makes a connection with the younger crowd, she will go far.

Melissa: Deserves to be in the final 12, but could be phased out since she is'nt well known.

Paris: Third Co-Favorite of the group. It's amazing how different her singing voice is compared to her speaking voice. Final 4 likely.

Overall: The ladies group is much better than the guys. It's unfortunate that we have to have 6 and 6 of each. There are some of the women who should be allowed to go on, since there are only 3 or 4 guys who deserve to be here.

I think Ace & Gedeon should be the next guys to go. Kinnik will be gone also, after that it's tough. Melissa seems like the obvious choice to leave, but that's only if one of the other ladies does terrible next week.

I think in the long run we will have another female American Idol.

617941[/snapback]

I'd say I pretty much agree with everything you said. The one I'm honestly not sure about is Elliot. He's had some REALLY good feedback, from Simon in particular. Simon saying he's maybe the best male vocalist EVER? That's high praise indeed! I just don't know that America feels the same way about him.....he's an interesting one. I do agree about Ace, completely. He's getting by on charm and good looks at this point....I've been very disappointed with his performances. Kevin, I feel, is the novelty act.....nothing more, but nothing less than that either. Gedeon is nothing special, but I really think Will IS.....He just needs to learn to ENTERTAIN in addition to sing. I agree about the women.....they're just a more talented group overall. I think Lisa, Paris, Ayla, Katherine, Kelly and Mandisa are probably as talented or more talented than every guy. I think you can throw Taylor and Chris into that group along with them, but you're exactly right that it should not be a balanced six and six. Girls #7 and #8 will be more talented than guys #5 and #6 in all likelihood.

I do think it will be the strongest final 12 overall in the 5 year history of the show, though. I think the person who wins it will be someone who really transforms and brings out their stage presence; someone who has more charisma than they realize, and does all they can to make us aware of it. I can't wait to watch it unfold :lol:

Word is that there will be a shocker cut on Thursday from the girls...

I hope it's Paris! :blink:

Definitely won't be Mandisa after last night, can't see anyone else beating her, I think she takes it all.