Another Gem From Hillary

I'd put up the link to last week's racism thread, with Mickey trumpeting from Mt High about how prevalent the problem is because we don't take it seriously enough, but I'm too busy laughing my ass off at his hypocrisy of not being honest enough to BY NAME call out his favorite liberal B word goddess for her choice of phrase.

571348[/snapback]

:huh:

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see where "nice to see Scrappy tossing in his rhetoric too" could be construed as me calling you a lefty.  [/sarcasm]  A little sensitive today?  Perhaps you should change toothpastes or something.

571429[/snapback]

Well given the way you started

"Oh look, another lefty circle jerk with Mickey in the pivot."

And immediately following the reference to me with

"Perhaps RCow will finally come back now that there is some semblence of a united front."

Since both Mickey and RCow are liberals, I thought it was reasonable to ask for clarification. Still haven't seen either you or KRC answer the question. I can see why they made you both moderators.

Plantation."

In other breaking news, Mayor Nagin let us know that "God is mad at America."  God apparently also informed him that it is his will for New Orleans to have a majority of African-American citizens. Who is crazier Mickey, this guy or Pat Robertson?

Look, Repubs make me sicker with each passing day, but dems will simply continue to lose as long as idiots like this are your "leaders."  :huh:

570587[/snapback]

Democratic '08 Prez candidate wannabees must be breaking out the fine champagne, and wishing Hillary good weather on her plantation. :lol:

Gawd, she's so self-involved... :lol:

Well given the way you started

"Oh look, another lefty circle jerk with Mickey in the pivot."

And immediately following the reference to me with

"Perhaps RCow will finally come back now that there is some semblence of a united front."

Since both Mickey and RCow are liberals, I thought it was reasonable to ask for clarification.  Still haven't seen either you or KRC answer the question.  I can see why they made you both moderators.

571444[/snapback]

What question? Do I think you're a liberal? No, I don't think you're a liberal. I apologize for not being more clear and possibly offending your delicate sensibilities.

As far as why "they" made us both moderators, you'd have to ask whoever you think "they" are. Perhaps it's because each of us are strong willed enough to put up with everyone's crap without taking it personally. Or maybe it's because we don't bring up moderating in the open forum when it's has nothing to do with the discussion.

As is "Cotton Plantation", hmm interesting use of words for a speech given to a black audience on MLK day. I wonder if Mr. King would have used such terminology.

571566[/snapback]

I don't see why he wouldn't. It sure seems like a valid comparison to equate the plight of 19th century slaves with that of the modern day agony suffered by a few dozen spoiled, corrupt millionaires like John Kerry and Hillary Clinton.

I don't see why he wouldn't.  It sure seems like a valid comparison to equate the plight of 19th century slaves with that of the modern day agony suffered by a few dozen spoiled, corrupt millionaires like John Kerry and Hillary Clinton.

571578[/snapback]

Not that I wouldn't want to see pieces of them hacked off for their transgressions, though.

I'm not really sure what you guys are talking about... Sen. Clinton said:

"When you look at the way the House of Representatives has been run, it has been run like a plantation, and you know what I'm talking about,"

That's not racist. It's complete nonsense, it hurts (rather than helps) any debate about race relations, and it it outrageous, to the point that the ONLY explanation of her choice of words was that it was meant to inflame her audience.

Stupid, not racist.

What would happen to a white politician in New Orleans if he said he wanted the city to be "chocolate" again? I'm just curious. Anyone? Would it be okay?

Plus, are African Americans now to be called "Chocolates" or "Chocolate Americans?" Does that make me a White Chocolate American? If you feel like a nut, are you an Almond Joy American? Is there a chance that the best way to fund and advance Chocolate American civilization is to get them sponsored by Hershey or Sees?

If you are an all-around hard-working, dependable and morally good black person, does that make you a Solid Chocolate American? And alternately, if you are lowly and self-absorbed, does that make you a Hollow Chocolate American? What effect, if any, will this have on Easter? Will we have to rename the kind of bunny in my son's basket because we don't want to offend the Hollow Chocolate American?

Well, I at least appreciate Nagin's efforts. God knows if a White Chocolate American said he wanted a city to be filled with Chocolate Americans, he wouldn't be able to utter the idea before it would melt in his mouth.

570771[/snapback]

Amusing.

But Nagin said he's sorry, so could we all forget it and pretend that he didn't really mean it?

Oh wait.....actually, he didn't say he was sorry. What he said was:

"I need to be more sensitive and more aware of what I'm saying"

In other words, "I'm sorry I got caught, I'll be more carefull next time I'm making stupid remarks".

http://usatoday.com/news/nation/2006-01-17...n-remarks_x.htm

For what its worth, I wonder if this is part of the SB halftime show:

Gold coast slave ship bound for cotton fields,

Sold in a market down in new orleans.

Scarred old slaver know he’s doin’ alright.

Hear him whip the women just around midnight.

Ah brown sugar how come you taste so good

(a-ha) brown sugar, just like a young girl should

A-huh.

Drums beating, cold english blood runs hot,

Lady of the house wond’rin where it’s gonna stop.

House boy knows that he’s doin’ alright.

You should a heard him just around midnight.

(a-ha) brown sugar, just like a black girl should

A-huh.

I bet your mama was a tent show queen, and all her boy

Friends were sweet sixteen.

I’m no schoolboy but I know what I like,

You should have heard me just around midnight.

(a-ha) brown sugar, just like a young girl should.

I said yeah, I said yeah, I said yeah, I said

Oh just like a, just like a black girl should.

Oh just like, just like a black girl should.

.................just wondering. It is still part of their set list.

For what its worth, I wonder if this is part of the SB halftime show:

Gold coast slave ship bound for cotton fields,

Sold in a market down in new orleans.

Scarred old slaver know he’s doin’ alright.

Hear him whip the women just around midnight.

(a-ha) brown sugar, just like a young girl should

A-huh.

Drums beating, cold english blood runs hot,

Lady of the house wond’rin where it’s gonna stop.

House boy knows that he’s doin’ alright.

You should a heard him just around midnight.

(a-ha) brown sugar, just like a black girl should

A-huh.

I bet your mama was a tent show queen, and all her boy

Friends were sweet sixteen.

I’m no schoolboy but I know what I like,

You should have heard me just around midnight.

(a-ha) brown sugar, just like a young girl should.

Oh just like a, just like a black girl should.

Oh just like, just like a black girl should.

.................just wondering. It is still part of their set list.

571657[/snapback]

Gee... Thanks for the visual image of how Congress is run!

Lets just leave it at HC's "plantation" quote... You know what she means.

:blink::w00t:

I'm not really sure what you guys are talking about... Sen. Clinton said:

"When you look at the way the House of Representatives has been run, it has been run like a plantation, and you know what I'm talking about,"

That's not racist.  It's complete nonsense, it hurts (rather than helps) any debate about race relations, and it it outrageous, to the point that the ONLY explanation of her choice of words was that it was meant to inflame her audience.

Stupid, not racist.

571620[/snapback]

What would the reaction be if Bill Frist made such a comment?

BE HONEST.

an amusing joke about Hillary. probably already been posted. and if not posted about her, probably posted about someone else:

One day a fourth-grade teacher asked the children what their fathers did for a living. All the typical answers came up -- fireman, mechanic, businessman, salesman, doctor, lawyer, and so forth.

Little Justin  was being uncharacteristically quiet, so when the teacher prodded him about his father, he replied, "My father's an exotic dancer in a gay  cabaret and takes off his clothes in front of other men and they put money in his underwear. Sometimes, if the offer is really good, he will go home with some guy and make love with him for money."

The teacher, obviously shaken by this statement, hurriedly set the other children to work on some exercises, then took little Justin aside to ask him,

"Is that really true about your father?"

"No," the boy said, "He works for the Democratic National Committee and  is helping to secure the Nomination of Hillary Clinton in 2008, but I

was too embarrassed to say that in front of the other kids."

What would the reaction be if Bill Frist made such a comment?

BE HONEST.

572052[/snapback]

I find it hard to imagine a Republican giving a similar speech to that audience, since they wouldn't be supporting or disagreeing with the same issues. It would also depend on what the person's record is on supporting traditional black issues. Has the person usually supported or opposed legislation proposed by the black caucus. It wasn't a statement demeaning to blacks, and the 2000 people who were at the speech didn't have a problem with it.

I said back when Trent Lott was villified for his Strom Thurmond statements that it was much ado about nothing, and that he should be allowed to remain leader. This is more of the same. But I'm confident in the end that the black voters know which person and party is more supportive of their concerns.

I find it hard to imagine a Republican giving a similar speech to that audience, since they wouldn't be supporting or disagreeing with the same issues.  It would also depend on what the person's record is on supporting traditional black issues.  Has the person usually supported or opposed legislation proposed by the black caucus.  It wasn't a statement demeaning to blacks, and the 2000 people who were at the speech didn't have a problem with it.

So in other words:

They are Democrats. They are allowed to say racist things.

570626[/snapback]

It's not that blacks would be more or less upset depending on who said it. It's that the media would be making a huge deal out of it and we'd be seeing a clip of it every 15 minutes on CNN.

an amusing joke about Hillary.  probably already been posted.  and if not posted about her, probably posted about someone else:

572229[/snapback]

Okay, that was a good one. :blink:

I guess the kid was thinking about Jeff Guckert, aka Jeff "Bulldog" Gannon, the erstwhile conservative journalist/homosexual prostitute who so delicately fed

his meaty soft ball questions to a bashful but eager and appreciative President during press conferences. Here is a snippet from the WH showing when Bulldog logged in and logged out (any apparent puns on words such as "unusually long", login, logout, no entry or briefing, are accidental).

2/25/03 11:46 - 1:25 (briefing 12:26-1:03)

2/26 9:56 - 2:17 (unusually long) (briefing 1:25-1:53)

2/27 11:49 - 1:34 (no briefing)

2/28 11:20 - 1:26 (briefing 12:35-1:10)

3/3/03 9:51 - 1:32 (unusually long) (briefing 12:21-1:00)

3/4 11:48 - 1:45 (briefing 12:46-1:20)

3/5 11:56 - 1:57 (briefing 12:21-1:00)

3/6 11:58 - 12:42 (no briefing)

3/6 9:11 pm exit - no entry (Bush press conference, 8 pm)

3/7 3:22 pm exit -- no entry (briefing 2:20-3:00)

3/10 12:47 - 3:11 (briefing 1:23-2:10)

3/11 12:25 - 1:47 (briefing at 12:38 - no end time given)

3/12 12:55 - 2:40 (briefing 1:20-1:59)

3/13 12:12 - 1:55 (briefing 12:40-1:19)

3/14 12:02 - 1:49 (briefing 12:35-1:06)

3/17 12:01 - 1:30 (no briefing)

3/18 12:09 - 1:31 (briefing 12:21-1:05)

3/19 9:38 - 3:27 (unusually long) (12:15-12:59) (Bush speech, 10 pm)

3/20 12:19 - 1:38 (briefing 12:32-1:15)

3/21 10:52 - 12:31 (briefing 2:31-3:12 -- doesn't match)

3/24 1:02 - 2:43 (briefing 1:00-1:44)

3/25 1:45 - 3:30 (briefing 2:30-3:15)

3/28 12:34 - 3:51 (unusually long) (briefing 12:35-1:15)

By the way, a congressional resolution asking for the records to show how it was that Guckert was able to come and go at will at the WH, enter the builiding without even logging in, gain access to press conferences without having been credentialed and got as close to the leader of the free world as he did was defeated in a party line vote with all republicans voting to suppress the information.