Manning dumps on his line?

Kultarr

Peyton (who I like) did indeed call out his line. But,  one thing that is unsaid about this is that he is the one who calls the blocking schemes FOR the line as well as the plays.  So alot of this blame HAS to go on his shoulders.

570366[/snapback]

Centers have more of the responsibility once the offense gets to the line when it comes to protection schemes. That being said i think Vanderjerk's banana kick at the end of the game had a lot to do with the colts losing. Fuggin liquored up kicker.

Manning may or may not be right. The blame is taken off the coaching staff, off the quarterback, off the defense, the kicker and placed on the offensive line. I wonder how that is going to play after the first huddle of the next season. Or when PM's interception loses a game. What goes around has a nasty habit of coming around. And if I were going to call anyone out I might have called out the field goal kicker rather than the 300 pounders who protect my ass every Sunday.

Yeah, so? He's right. Their line sucked the baloney pony. I only wish our QBs would call out the weaklings on our OL.

570586[/snapback]

Geez...I sure would hate to see that. We'd have six hour press conferences, with Offensive linemen calling out the crummy play calling, the running of WM, WM calling out the linemen, Eric calling out JP, JP calling out the line and Kelly, Kelly calling out the coach, the linebackers calling out the defensive line, Mularkey calling out WM and SA and EM.....wait a minute...been there...done that.

Geez...I sure would hate to see that.  We'd have six hour press conferences, with Offensive linemen calling out the crummy play calling, the running of WM, WM calling out the linemen, Eric calling out JP, JP calling out the line and Kelly, Kelly calling out the coach, the linebackers calling out the defensive line, Mularkey calling out WM and SA and EM.....wait a minute...been there...done that.

570588[/snapback]

LOL

You have to believe that at SOME point there had to be some sort of feedback to the front office about how bad the OL had become.

Yeah, so? He's right. Their line sucked the baloney pony. I only wish our QBs would call out the weaklings on our OL.

570586[/snapback]

I don't think that calling them out as such was the right thing to do Joe. They played well enough for him to have established a fine career and make millions of dollars (after the first contract). Yeah, they had a bad game. I wonder if Tarik Glenn would insult Manning after 1 bad outing.

Peyton is a great qb no doubt, but he is a spoiled, pampered, obnoxious little twit. He deserves to take a few snaps behind our OL and get his brains beat in.

How about blaming the play calling by Manning himself. If Pitts is blitzing at will how about a swing pass to Edge out of the backfield. He would be un covered as the backers and Palumalou where blitzing all day and Manning didn't call a play to try and slow them down. James might as well have taken a nap on the sideline during the game. Peyton basicaly took one of the best backs in football out of the game.

Don't even get me started on his piss poor clock management and play calling on the last drive.

One other thing. Why in the world does the defensive back run right at the only person between himself and 90 yds. of open field? It's not like Big Ben is Michael Vick. The only way that guy doesn't score is if he runs right at BR.

I don't think that calling them out as such was the right thing to do Joe. They played well enough for him to have established a fine career and make millions of dollars (after the first contract). Yeah, they had a bad game. I wonder if Tarik Glenn would insult Manning after 1 bad outing.

Peyton is a great qb no doubt, but he is a spoiled, pampered, obnoxious little twit. He deserves to take a few snaps behind our OL and get his brains beat in.

570598[/snapback]

Based on that game you might also add arrogant.

With three times out left, deep pass, no time out called. Tick, tick tick.

Next play 8 yard gain. Time out #1 taken.

Next play EZ pass. Think about getting a few yards for your kicker?

Third & 2, incomplete pass.

Fourth down, worst clutch kick in recent memory.

How about getting another 10-15 yards you arrogant SOB?

Indy got out played, out coached and received two major gifts in that game. They still couldn't get it done because their QB effed up at a critical time.

He is brutal when it comes to this.  His reputation is going to get blasted if he keeps losing like this in the playoffs.  No disrespect to the Steeler defense- they had a lot to do with it- but Manning looks like a completely different QB against an aggressive defense in the playoffs.  I used to think it was just the "Belichick Shakes," but Pittsburgh exposed him in the exact same way the Patriots have.  Hit him early, rush him often, and he turns into a jittery, happy-footed, inaccurate schoolgirl.

570445[/snapback]

In other words, he's a Dan Marino clone. :D

How about blaming the play calling by Manning himself. If Pitts is blitzing at will how about a swing pass to Edge out of the backfield. He would be un covered as the backers and Palumalou where blitzing all day and Manning didn't call a play to try and slow them down. James might as well have taken a nap on the sideline during the game. Peyton basicaly took one of the best backs in football out of the game.

Don't even get me started on his piss poor clock management and play calling on the last drive.

One other thing. Why in the world does the defensive back run right at the only person between himself and 90 yds. of open field? It's not like Big Ben is Michael Vick. The only way that guy doesn't score is if he runs right at BR.

570608[/snapback]

From faulty memory, he did hit a swing pass or two and you're right those were there for the taking all game. Peyton should've been all over that rather than trying to force the ball down the field. :D

Dead on Ramius

I had the same observation. Pittsburgh employed the same strategy Wade Phillips did for SD. Same results. Merriman had a field day vs Indy. All I can figure is Indy must have said SD game meant nothing and they had an off day.

Also agree with Buzzbait's comments about the playcalling. Pittsburgh was changing up in the first half at times dropping 8-9 guys daring Manning to run the ball which he never really did until the end of the second quarter when they went 96 yards featuring the run, settlling for 3. A couple of times, they sacked Manning early making it second and long creating passing situations, then they sent the house at him. I think Pittsburgh simply out coached Indy.