Mularkey realizes Henry scored..

Dan III

I love this quote by the Raiders after the game.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Raiders were perplexed Buffalo tried to punch it in against them with the diminutive Henry.

"Didn't they have any bigger guys to try that," safety Ray Buchanan said. "It's one thing for the fat man (Bettis) to come in ... but that (running Henry) didn't make much sense against the guys we have up front."

I disagree that is was a TD. I replayed it on TIVO a bunch of times.

His progress was stopped and the play stopped before he reached over the line. The linesman were already running down the line when he reached the ball forward, a signal that the whistle was blown.

The linesman were already running down the line when he reached the ball forward, a signal that the whistle was blown.

41063[/snapback]

I didn't notice that while watching it Sunday. Whether the whistle's blown too soon or not, the plays dead, and it sounds like they couldn't have awarded that TD even if it was reviewed and there was "conclusive" evidence his forward progress hadn't been stopped and he reached crossed the goalline. Good observation.

i've been screaming (well, maybe not so much screaming, but definitely saying in a loud voice) for buffalo to make mcgahee their red zone / goal line back. we're not having this discussion if mcgahee comes into the game as soon as buffalo gets inside the 10.

my $.02

i watched the game, and they stoped the replay right as he was passing the ball over the goalline. the announcers didnt even say a thing.

41104[/snapback]

Yeah that pissed me off!

The announcers missed a lot of things that were happening....

This board bitched and whined over GW's bad replay choices. I watched the game and they did not have a sideline camera angle available, at least they didn't show it after the play. Coauch M did the right thing not wasting a precious timeout in the 2nd half. There was little if any chance that play would have been overturned.

PTR

This board bitched and whined over GW's bad replay choices.  I watched the game and they did not have a sideline camera angle available, at least they didn't show it after the play.  Coauch M did the right thing not wasting a precious timeout in the 2nd half.  There was little if any chance that play would have been overturned.

PTR

41167[/snapback]

From what I've heard the officiating was lousy, probably because the zebras were fearing for their lives. Little chance it gets overturned.

Realizes???? Did I miss something? All he said was he should have at least reviewed it because it was close (he did the right thing and I'm now pissed he's second guessing good coaching decisions). But it wasn't close by replay standards. Henry didn't score. It was obvious on the replay that Henry didn't score. They don't hand out touchdowns when the ball doesn't cross the goalline. Do you believe Henry scored? Because from your post title it seems like you think he did.

Realizes???? Did I miss something? All he said was he should have at least reviewed it because it was close (he did the right thing and I'm now pissed he's second guessing good coaching decisions). But it wasn't close by replay standards. Henry didn't score. It was obvious on the replay that Henry didn't score. They don't hand out touchdowns when the ball doesn't cross the goalline. Do you believe Henry scored? Because from your post title it seems like you think he did.

41182[/snapback]

I quoted the title of the article. :blink: