Mularkey realizes Henry scored..

Dan III

I think this has been mentioned elsewhere, but that play was identical to the Ricky Williams touchdown against the Bills last year. Unfortunately, They gave RW the touchdown and not TH. They are both judgment calls as to when the forward momentum was stopped. I agree with most posters that Mularkey did the right thing in not reviewing the play. There is little chance they overturn the call and 2nd half timeouts are too valuable to lose in a close game.

agree, sure it was close, but it should not and would not have been overturned(based on what my beer laced eyes could see via replay)

His forward momentum was stopped before he reaches out with the ball.  There is no way the reverse that call.

40987[/snapback]

I think this has been mentioned elsewhere, but that play was identical to the Ricky Williams touchdown against the Bills last year.  Unfortunately, They gave RW the touchdown and not TH.  They are both judgment calls as to when the forward momentum was stopped.  I agree with most posters that Mularkey did the right thing in not reviewing the play.  There is little chance they overturn the call and 2nd half timeouts are too valuable to lose in a close game.

41557[/snapback]

The difference being that the whistles didnt blow the play dead on Ricky Williams TD last year(momentum stopped, laying on bodies and reaching over the plain for the TD)....The REF's blew the whistles so whatever happened after Henry's intial push(Henry reaching the ball over the plain) was not reviewable....

Whistle blows....play = DEAD

Now did the REFs blow the whistles to early...I think they did...Henry momentum was pretty much stopped, but he was still up and could of(as he did) reach the ball over the plain....