Where Do You See The Nfl In 5 Years?

billsboys

In chaos, probably. Making more rules that we fans seem to follow and understand and officials not caring to enforce them at necessary times. This league needs to get its act together quickly before they lose a lot of fan support for this game. :w00t:

569144[/snapback]

Actually I think that NFL refs are some of the most proactive in all of sports.

I am not trying to make an excuse for the horrible calls today or the love given to the pats the last few years or to the fish in 80s.

As far as leagues go the NFL is far and beyond any other sport with respect to the officiating. Just picture the non travel calls in the NBA or the strike zone in MLB, etc...

Actually I think that NFL refs are some of the most proactive in all of sports.

I am not trying to make an excuse for the horrible calls today or the love given to the pats the last few years or to the fish in 80s.

As far as leagues go the NFL is far and beyond any other sport with respect to the officiating. Just picture the non travel calls in the NBA or the strike zone in MLB, etc...

569148[/snapback]

Here's a league that has instant reply, constant grading of each official, and post game review processes. I think they'll be fine. Bad calls, do happen. Yet, sometimes some of the officals that are selected for nthe playoffs and beyond, do leave us with a question or two. And then's there's Walt Coleman, who most of us wonder why he's allowed to set foot on the field, ever.....

Yet, on balance, the NFL is pretty well officated overall.

( I wonder what the "grade" will be for the ref that ejected Sean Taylor for spitting, yet allowed the player (Pittman?) who retalliated to remain unpenalized and on the field. That was a first for this fan.

A billion dollar industry that hires part time officials many who are too old and/or out of shape to even get in positon to make a call,  let alone get it right and who refuse to make calls so that replay can be utilized leaves a bit to be desired.

569168[/snapback]

Agreed. Good post.

In chaos, probably. Making more rules that we fans seem to follow and understand and officials not caring to enforce them at necessary times. This league needs to get its act together quickly before they lose a lot of fan support for this game. :w00t:

569144[/snapback]

The nfl is the WWF or whatever the latest intials are for wrestling.....Fraud and rigged games are and have been the norm for a long long time......Todays calls were some of the alltime worst that I have ever seen and I didn't have any money on the games but feel sorry for those that did. The blatent corruption in the nfl is enough to make me care less and less every year.

Probably still #1 but all the questions could be answered if they would do the following: Give both teams 3 calls/ half on ANYTHING! This game is so fast it wouldn't be a come down for the ref's. A bad ball spot, interference or moving lineman can cost a game. Let's get it right when so much is on the line!

A billion dollar industry that hires part time officials many who are too old and/or out of shape to even get in positon to make a call,  let alone get it right and who refuse to make calls so that replay can be utilized leaves a bit to be desired.

569168[/snapback]

I say it all the time - if you think you can do better, sign up to a high school ref. I did it, and it's really enlightening.

CW

I say it all the time - if you think you can do better, sign up to a high school ref.  I did it, and it's really enlightening.

CW

569210[/snapback]

Why is someone trying to inject a logical thought and solution?

Am I on the wrong rollercoaster? :w00t:

It was bad this weekend, but I don't know why people are acting as if it's something new.

Doesn't anybody remember the 1998 wildcard hosejob in Miami? That same day TO's game winning catch vs. GB only happened because of an obvious Jerry Rice fumble that was ruled incomplete about 2 plays earlier.

I guess it's getting more publicity now that guys like Salisbury are going nuts. I mean - I guess it's good to hear people on national TV call out these incompetent fools, but where were they 8 years ago?

If the NHL should continue the roll they're on, they could surprise a lot of "critics" (nee. John Clayton). Some major network would make a silly deal to get as many NHL games on as they can, then you may have a marketing war, which would be fun!

As for the NFL, my belief is that they're slow to a major change like full-time officials. That line of thinking could be their downfall.

If the NHL should continue the roll they're on, they could surprise a lot of "critics" (nee. John Clayton). 

569278[/snapback]

Ive noticed a noticable relaxing of obstruction calls in the NHL the last month or so. I hope its just my imagination. The last time the NHL cracked down on the clutch and grab style they gradually let the game revert back to garbage after 3 months or so. If they allow this to happen again the game will never get anywhere and all the progress this season will be for not. If they keep the game exciting they have a chance though. As for the NFL Ive always thought the officiating was decent overall. Its the NFL's current packaging that annoys me though. If you have to sit down and watch just one game its pretty tedious with all the stoppages. Official time outs. Injury delays. Replay review delays(there the worst. Commercials jammed up you a$$. Pretty bad.

Where will the NFL be?

As any good socialized country will show... More rules and into the ground.

I see the salary cap being $1.00... That way, everybody has got to work their butt off... AND FOR FREE!

It is the only way.

:angry:  :angry:

569338[/snapback]

:w00t: Perhaps it's time you end your exile in Illinois! :D

I think they should get it over with and hire Nick and Jessica (yeah i know they broke up) to do play by play of each game since it's not about football anymore.

Maybe they could have TO as a color commentator making ridiculous comments and invite Ashlee Simpson to butcher one of her songs turning it into even more of a freakshow.

P.S. The Super Bowl sucks! Paul Tagliabue should be shot!