Moulds is likely gone to free agency.

billsboys

As we all know it's all about the salary cap. To keep Moulds we would have to pay SO MUCH MONEY. This would cripple our chances of resigning other good players on this team. Don't get me wrong I would love to have Moulds back next year as a mentor to our wide recievers but I think he will be gone and will likely be picked up by the Eagles, since the don't have a Wr core. It's sad, a player who has been so loyal to us Bills fans likely leaving for good. If this happens Evans will obviously be #1 and likely Parrish #2. The ONLY two good things that Evans has that Moulds doesn't have anymore is young age and quickness. Moulds is getting older so he's not as quick as he used to be. I hope he comes back but it's looking more likely he won't be back. How sad. If he's gone, then all I have to say is thank you Moulds for all the great memories. :(

As we all know it's all about the salary cap.  To keep Moulds we would have to pay SO MUCH MONEY.  This would cripple our chances of resigning other good players on this team.  Don't get me wrong I would love to have Moulds back next year as a mentor to our wide recievers but I think he will be gone and will likely be picked up by the Eagles, since the don't have a Wr core.  It's sad, a player who has been so loyal to us Bills fans likely leaving for good.  If this happens Evans will obviously be #1 and likely Parrish #2.  The ONLY two good things that Evans has that Moulds doesn't have anymore is young age and quickness.  Moulds is getting older so he's not as quick as he used to be.  I hope he comes back but it's looking more likely he won't be back.  How sad.  If he's gone, then all I have to say is thank you Moulds for all the great memories. :(

567680[/snapback]

What is making it look more unlikely? With MM gone, he may redo his contract.

I was thinking the same thing. I would think that with the new regime and a new coach Moulds may redo his contract ...

567697[/snapback]

Maybe, but that would be HUGE chunk of our salry cap goes to Moulds and don't forget we need to resign some of our players as well as sign draft picks.

What is making it look more unlikely?  With MM gone, he may redo his contract.

567687[/snapback]

I was thinking the same thing. I would think that with the new regime and a new coach Moulds may redo his contract ...

567697[/snapback]

Don't forget also that Moulds is a holdover from Marv's regime. The old professor may want to find a way to keep EM around.

Don't forget also that Moulds is a holdover from Marv's regime. The old professor may want to find a way to keep EM around.

567744[/snapback]

Or, of course, he may come to the conclusion that, after 10 years in Buffalo, they appear further from being a contender as they have in his entire tenure, maybe he should go somewhere, where might actually sniff the playoffs before his time is done...just a thougt.

Yeah this is what EM wants another new coaching staff with a career backup QB and an unproven youngster, another year of new OL who need to gel.

EM wants out of Buffalo IMO, and he wants a chance to salvage his career and play for a contender. The best thing we could hope for is to sign EM to an extension that is cap friendly and then trade him, but EM would have to have some say in it.

Moulds alrready said at the end of the season he would be willing to renegotiate his deal.

A renegotiation is taking base salary and converting it into bonus. So while it may help out in the short term, it doesn't change the total money owed to him, and actually increases the dead cap hit for when he IS cut. Like I said, it's either pay cut or sayonara. And Givens would be good replacement, as I mentioned.

567744[/snapback]

That wouldn't surprise me. The thing is, it would be a stupid move. The following link shows that Eric's average ypc has declined since 1998.

The choices are clear. The Bills can continue to overpay a player who is clearly in decline, OR they can cut him, gain 5 million dollars in cap room and use it to at least attempt to sign younger, better football players.

I remind you that the Buffalo Bills were 5-11 this season. Do you think that Eric had a big impact? I do. He whined, disrespected coaches, was suspended, and served to make an ass of himself. He was a negative distraction. He also dropped too many passes, and his average ypc (10.1) was worse than that of many other possession reveivers (that is about all he is) who make 20-40% of his inflated salary. Please, give me Jurevicus over Moulds any day of the week.

The Buffalo Bills obviously need to rebuild. They need to place their future in the hands of young players who have a stake in the future of our football team rather than to funnel millions of dollars to an old, declining football player who is all but done.

Face Facts, The Guy Is Done

I would'nt say goodbye to Moulds just yet. I believe he can be convinced to stay even if he has to take a paycut. This new regime change could be the thing that keeps him here.

Mike Williams has already said that he would restructure his contract and play at Guard. Also, the Bills will be getting 3 million more to add to their salary cap in March or April. We'll just have to wait and see.

I would'nt say goodbye to Moulds just yet. I believe he can be convinced to stay even if he has to take a paycut. This new regime change could be the thing that keeps him here.

Mike Williams has already said that he would restructure his contract and play at Guard. Also, the Bills will be getting 3 million more to add to their salary cap in March or April. We'll just have to wait and see.

Again, just say no to restructures/renegotiations. It's either a paycut or BE cut. And in Williams' case, I'd tell him if he doesn't take one, they'll keep him until June for cap hit purposes, and then releasing him, giving him almost no chance of landing a big deal anywhere.

567697[/snapback]

Unless Moulds can resolve with Levy/New Coach the issue of playing or

not playing with JP (or for that matter if JP isgoing to be the starter or

compete for the starting job) Moulds is not going to re-do his contract.

As we all know it's all about the salary cap.  To keep Moulds we would have to pay SO MUCH MONEY.  This would cripple our chances of resigning other good players on this team.  Don't get me wrong I would love to have Moulds back next year as a mentor to our wide recievers but I think he will be gone and will likely be picked up by the Eagles, since the don't have a Wr core.  It's sad, a player who has been so loyal to us Bills fans likely leaving for good.  If this happens Evans will obviously be #1 and likely Parrish #2.  The ONLY two good things that Evans has that Moulds doesn't have anymore is young age and quickness.  Moulds is getting older so he's not as quick as he used to be.  I hope he comes back but it's looking more likely he won't be back.  How sad.  If he's gone, then all I have to say is thank you Moulds for all the great memories. :w00t:

567680[/snapback]

I've been a fan of Moulds since he's been a Bill,but it's funny,I don't think that there have been all that many "great" memories.