ESPN news

billsboys

Really? Have you read any of the threads below? I don't. I would rank him on my list of prospects about one notch higher than Ray Handley.

565920[/snapback]

Actually Kay Stevenson is rated higher in my book, at least he won a AFL championship (Arena Football)

50-65% chance

I hope he's the new coach.  I would be great to have him because he played for the Bills.  And besides most people want him here.

565916[/snapback]

I wanted Sherman but Haslett's a nice 2nd choice.

Its amazing people are so down on him considering what he accomplished with Aaron brooks as his QB.

50-65% chance

I hope he's the new coach.  I would be great to have him because he played for the Bills.  And besides most people I talked to, want him here.

565916[/snapback]

You must be talking to a lot of Patriots, Jets and Dolfelon fans. If he's hired I bet there is a 50-65% chance he says that Levy is on the 'roids.

I wanted Sherman but Haslett's a nice 2nd choice.

Its amazing people are so down on him considering what he accomplished with Aaron brooks as his QB.

565924[/snapback]

Amazing how little he accomplished, in my opinion.

Here is the best compliment you'll get out of me about Jim Haslett.

Considering the humiliating team that is the New Orleans Saints franchise, he didn't do THAT bad.

Thats the best I can say about him.

565931[/snapback]

HE WAS WITH THE SAINTS, THEY WERE ALWAYS BAD EVEN WITH HIM THERE!

HE WAS WITH THE SAINTS, THEY WERE ALWAYS BAD EVEN WITH HIM THERE!

565934[/snapback]

What is your reason for wanting him? What is your basis for why he will succeed? There are compelling reasons why not to hire him, which may or may not be explained away by a lack of talent on the Saints. But that is NOT a reason to hire him.

PLease, do not say "he was a bill" or " he is tough." THose are not qualifications.

What is your reason for wanting him? What is your basis for why he will succeed? There are compelling reasons why not to hire him, which may or may not be explained away by a lack of talent on the Saints. But that is NOT a reason to hire him.

PLease, do not say "he was a bill" or " he is tough." THose are not qualifications.

565941[/snapback]

hewuzadefensivecoordinatorforpittsburghsothepittsburghconnectioncontinues?

50-65% chance

I hope he's the new coach.  I would be great to have him because he played for the Bills and he expressed interest in the job(HC).

If he doesn't want the job it will be either Cottrell or Levy in my opinion.

565916[/snapback]

So was Jim Fassell 2 years ago.

There is a 50-65% chance Im gonna get loaded tonight too.

How can anyone possibly support Haslett as HC?

You really want someone who accused Hull of steroid use as the face of our franchise?

You want someone who hasn't had a lick of success during his tenure as HC with the exception of his first season?

I guess fans don't remember how successful Rich Kotite's second try at head coaching was with a Jets team whose talent is about on par with ours...

It seems as if the "Loyalty" factor is going to far. Marv was here, did great, but still never won the Super Bowl, Haslett was one of Ralph Wilsons favorite players, but didn't accomplish anything with the Saints.

I just hope these people are getting hired (or will be hired) because Wilson thinks they will take the team in the right direction, not because he wants to have all these guys closer for the Bills Alumni BBQ.

50-65% chance

I hope he's the new coach.  I would be great to have him because he played for the Bills and he expressed interest in the job(HC).

If he doesn't want the job it will be either Cottrell or Levy in my opinion.

565916[/snapback]

Yea, those are both great reasons for hiring a head coach. Real smart.

Well, he played for the Bills, he must be good. Well, Corey Moore played for the Bills, too. He probably needs work, and would probably "express interest".

Look at Haslett's record. Enough said. But if you wanted to say more, one could say that his team has never played with any heart, he's a loose cannon who often embarrassed the saints, and his drafts have been horrid.

What an upgrade.

If the "golden boys" are serious about winning, they'll avoid guys like Tice, Cottrell, Sherman, Haslett, and YES, Levy. The only reason one would want an 81 year old coach who has been out of the game for a decade is if they want the #1 pick in the next draft. I love Marv, but this is getting stupid fast. The past is the past. Now even the Bills' storied past stands a chance to be sullied because a franchise hero WILL fail.

Leave him at GM and pay the 3 mill per that it takes to get a real coach. Ferentz would by my first choice, but that Mangini kid could very well be the next great young coach. I've read that he's smarter than schitt, and that's what you have to be if belichick and saban stand in your way of the playoffs every season.

It seems as if the "Loyalty" factor is going to far. Marv was here, did great, but still never won the Super Bowl, Haslett was one of Ralph Wilsons favorite players, but didn't accomplish anything with the Saints.

I just hope these people are getting hired (or will be hired) because Wilson thinks they will take the team in the right direction, not because he wants to have all these guys closer for the Bills Alumni BBQ.

565961[/snapback]

I can understand the Levy hiring but this supposed love-affair with Haslett is horses#it. At least Levy's a HOFer. Regardless of the circumstances, what owner/GM in their right mind hires a coach who asked out of his job, finished 3-13 as a HC just this past season, and has no coaching pedigree whatsoever (unlike BB's situation with Cleveland/NE)? I for one will be furious if Haslett gets the job because he has no chance of succeeding.

Well, he played for the Bills, he must be good. Well, Corey Moore played for the Bills, too. He probably needs work, and would probably "express interest".

Look at Haslett's record. Enough said. But if you wanted to say more, one could say that his team has never played with any heart, he's a loose cannon who often embarrassed the saints, and his drafts have been horrid.

What an upgrade.

If the "golden boys" are serious about winning, they'll avoid guys like Tice, Cottrell, Sherman, Haslett, and YES, Levy. The only reason one would want an 81 year old coach who has been out of the game for a decade is if they want the #1 pick in the next draft. I love Marv, but this is getting stupid fast. The past is the past. Now even the Bills' storied past stands a chance to be sullied because a franchise hero WILL fail.

Leave him at GM and pay the 3 mill per that it takes to get a real coach. Ferentz would by my first choice, but that Mangini kid could very well be the next great young coach. I've read that he's smarter than schitt, and that's what you have to be if belichick and saban stand in your way of the playoffs every season.

565968[/snapback]

Hey, he beat us this year!!!!!!

What an upgrade.

565968[/snapback]

Hey now, no need to kick Corey Moore when he's down...he's probably living off the streets, licking excess cheese of pizza boxes and shooting himself in the thigh at busy intersections.