Those that accused Ralph of being a cheap SOB

There's been a lot of claims that the Bills won't hire a big name coach because Ralph is cheap and won't pay big time bucks. In today's press conference Ralph stated that he doesn't even know what the coaches salaries are nor is that a consideration.

So is he lying? If his statement about not having an agenda is true, they you're all wrong yet again.

There's been a lot of claims that the Bills won't hire a big name coach because Ralph is cheap and won't pay big time bucks.  In today's press conference Ralph stated that he doesn't even know what the coaches salaries are nor is that a consideration.

So is he lying?  If his statement about not having an agenda is true, they you're all wrong yet again.

565841[/snapback]

It all depends on who they hire as a head coach. It's one thing to tell people at a press conference that money is no object, it's quite another to pay a top candidate good money. Stay tuned.

Did he say something at the end about there not being a "budget" this time?

This may be splittting hairs - but there is a difference between "not knowing" how much individual coaches get paid vs. giving the GM some kind of ballpark or cap figure. In one scenario he could have said to TD "I don't want you to spend over this much overall" or "I don't want coaches to be among the highest paid", and still have no idea how much individuals made.

Did he say something at the end about there not being a "budget" this time?

This may be splittting hairs - but there is a difference between "not knowing" how much individual coaches get paid vs. giving the GM some kind of ballpark or cap figure.  In one scenario he could have said to TD "I don't want you to spend over this much overall" or "I don't want coaches to be among the highest paid", and still have no idea how much individuals made.

565882[/snapback]

I don't know about the rest of you, but I've been getting hammered celebrating the exodus of the last regime, especially Mularkey. We should return all the empties we drank while running Mularkey out of town, and give all that extra money to Ralph to help pay for the new coach. Everybody wins.

I say the jury is out until we hire replacements.

Mularkey wasn't fired he resigned, which is different. If Wilson had his way Mularkey would have stayed.

By resigning he had to either forfeit his remining years or come to a settlement. Since he is available starting Monday AM one of those things happened. If he'd been fired Wilson'd be on the hook for the last 3 years and couldn't prevent him from working...

If we bring in some decent people and spend some money I'll say he's not cheap. If we hire Brett Maxie as DC on the other hand...or James Lofton as OC....

I don't know about the rest of you, but I've been getting hammered celebrating the exodus of the last regime, especially Mularkey.  We should return all the empties we drank while running Mularkey out of town, and give all that extra money to Ralph to help pay for the new coach.  Everybody wins.

565892[/snapback]

Amen, my brother!

This is a great - not gloomy - time in Buffalo Bills history. It's not like Ralph fired Pioli last week, and Belichick just resigned from us today. We're talking about TD and MM here! You know, the same GM who gave us a grand total of 0 playoff appearances and the 28th worst franchise regular season record since 2001!? And the same head coach who had to quit because Jerry Sullivan was being a big meanie to him!? The same secretive, almost fascist-like GM who micromanaged this team to its grim death and confiscated all negative signs from fans? And the same head coach who lost the complete confidence of his veterans in only his second year? The same GM who wheeled and dealed away picks for luxury skill position players like a drunken, arrogant gambler? And the same HC whose supposed offensive genius became a unique game-time mix of gutlessness and stupidity?

Hell, I'll drink to this current period of chaos any day over that blissful, steady era of incompetence. We know Coli already has been. Will YOU :pirate: ?

Sure, I'll trust one off-hand comment from Ralph as opposed to the plethora of comments uttered about Ralph's cheapness through the years and what we've witnessed ourselves with the Wade Philips debacle.

I mean, I could definitely see Ralph saying "I don't like to hire expensive coaches." That seems plausible.