sam adams on sirius

East Brady

:w00t: Where did I say 11-5?

Last I checked, you only needed to go 10-6 to win the AFC East.

Beat the Pats once (you know, like we should've the first time we played them), and now you only need 9 wins to make the playoffs.

CW

565499[/snapback]

Right, like Drew Bledsoe was going to beat the Patriots in New England.

Regardless, Drew Bledsoe has never in his career been worth 5 wins. Absolutely ridiculous.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Right, like Drew Bledsoe was going to beat the Patriots in New England. 

Regardless, Drew Bledsoe has never in his career been worth 5 wins.  Absolutely ridiculous.

565507[/snapback]

KH almost beat the Pats in New England. The game was winnable. He won 9 games in Dallas this year, 9 games in Buffalo last year. Who's to say he couldn't have won 9 games this year?

Very well could've gotten us into the playoffs, and there's nothing "absoutely ridiculous" about it. (could != would)

EDIT: Note I also said "any above average QB." Wasn't Brad Johnson signed by the Vikes in the offseason? That would've worked just as well...

Ummm...  as much as everyone beats up on Drew, he was at least smart enough to audible if he saw something bad.  Not sure JP or KH ever switched plays at the line this year.

565468[/snapback]

Maybe I was seeing things, but I thought I recalled seeing KH audible a fair bit.

Fat Sam is just trying to cement his exodus from Buffalo. He has talent but no character. Marv will get rid of him.

565491[/snapback]

Exactly! What better way to get out of a contract than to mouth off like this?

You can use this tactic if you're ever in a lease but are ready to buy. Just make a lot of noise, have your dog crap all over the complex office's lawn, and do whatever you can to piss off the complex manager. After a month, if you haven't already been asked to leave, go into the office and ask what it would take to get out of your lease. Don't accept anything less than free!

That is what Fat Sam is doing.

This team had a lot more problems than just poor QB play...Bledsoe would still have had NO time to throw the ball, and our Defense still wouldnt be able to stop anyone.

Maybe he would have won us one or two more games, but still no way we make the playoffs even with him as our QB.

Beat the Pats once (you know, like we should've the first time we played them), and now you only need 9 wins to make the playoffs.

No doubt that with a real QB we could've beaten the Dolphins, the Patriots once (we almost did it with KH...), and the Jets.  On top of that, either the Saints or Falcons game was easily winnable with a QB.  Not out of the realm of possibility with DB or some other above average (not great) QB.

CW

565499[/snapback]

The Saints & Falcons were winnable games where decent QB play might've made a difference - that's pretty much all.

If DB proved one thing in 3 years it's that he can't beat the Pats or Jets on the road. Also, NE would've coasted past Miami in the season finale if they needed to, so you should check again about 10-6 getting it done.

:w00t:

565528[/snapback]

Sorry the concept is so difficult to wrap your head around, just like the fact that Patriots wouldn't have played differently if there was any team in the division that had an actual chance to over take them.

During Drew Bledsoe's tenure in Buffalo we lost FIVE games against the Patriots by a combined score of 156-47. But we'd have beaten them in a Primetime game in Foxboro THIS season (0-3, outscored 87-23).

Right. :doh:

Tell Fat Sam to shut up, lose 50lbs and actually tackle somebody... then we'll talk.

So, anyone still think Fat Sam is one of those "character" guys that Marv likes to build a "team" around?

Why don't you tell him, Tough Guy........ :w00t:

Say what you will, the payers respect Drew a ton more than JP.

That is why the decision last year to just give the QB job without any competition to a guy who just is not ready (and may never be) did not sit well with a lot of players.

think about it .......the year pats had this year........we could have beat them even w/ drew......

we lost some pretty close games......there's a difference between Kelly/Jp and Drew.......kelly throws 2yrds......Jp can't throw.........atleast when drew did throw .....he threwem long and he sparked Lee.....and Moulds loved him .......

its the OLINE.......stop blaming drew ........look even kelly and Jp can't do sh-- behind the line.......

Say what you will, the payers respect Drew a ton more than JP.

That is why the decision last year to just give the QB job without any competition to a guy who just is not ready (and may never be) did not sit well with a lot of players.

565590[/snapback]

Yet the Giant players were somehow able to get over two time MVP Kurt Warner's demotion in favor of Eli Manning's development. This show's how much stronger a coach Coughlin is and how much more coachable the Giant players are. This team is full of "know-it-alls and at this point I'm starting to hope the house cleaning moves into the locker room.

Talking badly about your teamates and the organization that pays your salary doesn't seem to sit well with me.

Sorry the concept is so difficult to wrap your head around, just like the fact that Patriots wouldn't have played differently if there was any team in the division that had an actual chance to over take them.

During Drew Bledsoe's tenure in Buffalo we lost FIVE games against the Patriots by a combined score of 156-47.  But we'd have beaten them in a Primetime game in Foxboro THIS season (0-3, outscored 87-23).

Right. :doh:

565556[/snapback]

:w00t:

Maybe mimicing the situation in Orchard Park, the conversation here is focused on the immaterial versus the one very important thing said in the Adams interview-

If it's true Sam Adams is intent on wearing our uni next year, our draft focus can change to just one high draft pick for a DT versus almost being forced into drafting DT with 2 of our 4 top picks. Sam remains one of the league's most dangerous one-gap DTs and if he is given a true 0 technique guy as Ngata is being billed we could move right back into the top among NFL defenses with the other heavy lifting being done in FA.

Maybe mimicing the situation in Orchard Park, the conversation here is focused on the immaterial versus the one very important thing said in the Adams interview-

If it's true Sam Adams is intent on wearing our uni next year, our draft focus can change to just one high draft pick for a DT versus almost being forced into drafting DT with 2 of our 4 top picks. Sam remains one of the league's most dangerous one-gap DTs and if he is given a true 0 technique guy as Ngata is being billed we could move right back into the top among NFL defenses with the other heavy lifting being done in FA.

565666[/snapback]

What about signing Maake Kemoeatu or Grady Jackson in March ? Both are true 2 gappers. Keep Adams in addition and the DT shortage is gone.

Cut Edwards. That experiment is played.

No doubt that with a real QB we could've beaten the Dolphins, the Patriots once (we almost did it with KH...), and the Jets.  On top of that, either the Saints or Falcons game was easily winnable with a QB.  Not out of the realm of possibility with DB or some other above average (not great) QB.

CW

565499[/snapback]

He's got a very valid point. This was a weaker schedule for the Bills this year than most years. For us to go 10-6 should have been a real possibility. But QB problems aside, we still had no rush defence, no run or pass block, and our big play guys all but disappeared most games.

A new coach will help things...maybe...hopefully...hey could be worse, we could have McCarthy as our HC!