Official Press Conference Thread

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Having lived in several sports markets and seeing local sports media, I would agree with that statement.

565236[/snapback]

not true ... if you fark up in NYC you get lambasted by newspapers, tv and radio worse than in Buffalo. True there are other teams down here to cover as well, but there's way more outlets for ripping a team here than in Buffalo, which has one or two real papers two (including Rochester's), WGR and three tv stations.

not true ... if you fark up in NYC you get lambasted by newspapers, tv and radio worse than in Buffalo. True there are other teams down here to cover as well, but there's way more outlets for ripping a team here than in Buffalo, which has one or two real papers two (including Rochester's), WGR and three tv stations.

565295[/snapback]

I've never heard someone refer to the D&C as a "real" paper. More like a school project.

565295[/snapback]

not sure about you, but i live in nyc and for football at least, buffalo is a tougher town. ny is a baseball and basketball town as much as a football town, and people don't have so much of themselves invested in the jets and giants. no way is ny harder than places like buffalo, cleveland, and pitt.

not sure about you, but i live in nyc and for football at least, buffalo is a tougher town. ny is a baseball and basketball town as much as a football town, and people don't have so much of themselves invested in the jets and giants.  no way is ny harder than places like buffalo, cleveland, and pitt.

565319[/snapback]

I live in NYC as well. I'll give you the Yankees, when they're in season everything else is second fiddle. However from the middle to end of the NFL season football is the prime sport in the city uuntil it's teams are out of it. The Knicks don't really kick into gear until after the NFL season. Nobody was talking about the Knicks with the Giants in the playoffs.

I live in NYC as well.  I'll give you the Yankees, when they're in season everything else is second fiddle.  However from the middle to end of the NFL season football is the prime sport in the city uuntil it's teams are out of it.  The Knicks don't really kick into gear until after the NFL season.  Nobody was talking about the Knicks with the Giants in the playoffs.

565333[/snapback]

in buffalo, 80-90% of the public cares a LOT about the bills, and everyone has a strong opinion. in nyc, with regard to the jets and giants (and each team's base is diluted by the fact that fans generally only care about one of the two teams), i honestly believe that the percentage of the public that cares about the 2 teams is about 20%. where i live in brooklyn, i don't know anyone who cares about either team, and of about 75 people in my office, about 2 or 3 care about the jets/giants. and they're not rabid.

I'm sure he was told.  The question is does he remember being told?

565364[/snapback]

I just don't get it... Reports earlier this year stated that TD wanted "X" as coach and Ralph wouldn't pay whoever TD wanted. Someones fuggin lying to us and I for one being a "loyal" fan am getting sick of the bullSiht.

in buffalo, 80-90% of the public cares a LOT about the bills, and everyone has a strong opinion. in nyc, with regard to the jets and giants (and each team's base is diluted by the fact that fans generally only care about one of the two teams), i honestly believe that the percentage of the public that cares about the 2 teams is about 20%. where i live in brooklyn, i don't know anyone who cares about either team, and of about 75 people in my office, about 2 or 3 care about the jets/giants. and they're not rabid.

565373[/snapback]

I guess I'm just surrounded by a different atmosphere as I know plenty of people who are rabid about one of the teams (though you're right, not both). Also, 20% of 20 million people equals a lot more people than currently reside in Buffalo.

It's hard to compare I suppose. In Buffalo the team lives in a fishbowl with most of the population peering in. It might be easier to hide in NYC, but even hidden there are a lot more people critical of the teams than in Buffalo.

I guess I'm just surrounded by a different atmosphere as I know plenty of people who are rabid about one of the teams (though you're right, not both).  Also, 20% of 20 million people equals a lot more people than currently reside in Buffalo.

It's hard to compare I suppose.  In Buffalo the team lives in a fishbowl with most of the population peering in.  It might be easier to hide in NYC, but even hidden there are a lot more people critical of the teams than in Buffalo.

565390[/snapback]

i see where you're coming from. it's just the fish bowl thing in buffalo that makes me think it's so brutal. also, there were those brutal stories about butch davis in cleveland last year. another thing -- in his last year as browns coach, belichick had to have a police detail assigned to his house (it's in the new david halberstam book). bills fans are less brutal than browns fans, but not by a whole lot.