Eric Mangini rumored to be top HC candidate...

haff20

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just heard it on ESPN radio.  I guess the NE defensive coordinator is scheduled to talk to Buffalo early next week.

564837[/snapback]

This is good- steal him from the Jets. He is actually the hottest candidate out there.

The Jets would kill for him. This also weakens the Patriots staff further.

Are you kidding me?

We're talking about hiring a 34 year old head coach?

For gawd's sakes he'll be younger and less experienced than some of his players!  :(

564853[/snapback]

yeah - but he'll sign for real cheap :(

and he has no experience - so Marv can mold him in his own likeness:o

Are you kidding me?

We're talking about hiring a 34 year old head coach?

For gawd's sakes he'll be younger and less experienced than some of his players!  :(

564853[/snapback]

He is a hot candidate who already knows the ins and outs of the division. We'll have the oldest GM and the youngest HC. It'll balance out....

Mr. Mangini would have to read a lot of Shakespeare.

564880[/snapback]

He'll think its a tackling technique...the Shake Spear...oh my God.

You know the Belichick tree is getting a little pruned..I don't think I want the littlest apple.

He is a hot candidate

564877[/snapback]

He's been a d co-ordinator for a grand total of one year. And that under a coach who is undoubtedly doing all the gameplanning himself as well making the majority of gameday calls. Given the Patriots front7 an awful lot of people could have done Mangini's job last year.

I can blow snot bubbles bigger than this guys bag of tricks.

Instead of hiring a coordinator who has never been coach (see GW & MM) I'd rather see us hire a guy who has already endured the inevitable growing pains every new coach suffers through.

I'd even take Haslett over a coordinator.

What's with all the love for Haslett, Capers, Sherman, and the rest of the Washed Out Crew? It's one thing if it's the case of a younger coach who has to go back and study for a little bit longer (Belichick, potentially Williams) or a coach who has truly been fired unfairly from his last job after a long pattern of success (Coughlin), but the coaches that we've missed during the Williams and Mularkey hirings have been top-flight coordinators. Lovie Smith, Marvin Lewis, John Fox.

The best veteran coaches out there are usually only to be called out of retirement: in this case, Dick Vermeil.

He's been a d co-ordinator for a grand total of one year. And that under a coach who is undoubtedly doing all the gameplanning himself as well making the majority of gameday calls. Given the Patriots front7 an awful lot of people could have done Mangini's job last year.

I can blow snot bubbles bigger than this guys bag of tricks.

564886[/snapback]

Agreed. I know they've had injuries, but the Pats D hasn't been anything to write home about this year. Shutting down the young Jags in a night game at the house of the defending champs in not hard to do. Especially with Belichick looking over your shoulder like a dad.

Haven't we learned our lesson with hiring the hot coordinator who is the "next big thing?"

Agreed.  I know they've had injuries, but the Pats D hasn't been anything to write home about this year.  Shutting down the young Jags in a night game at the house of the defending champs in not hard to do.  Especially with Belichick looking over your shoulder like a dad.

Haven't we learned our lesson with hiring the hot coordinator who is the "next big thing?"

564922[/snapback]

I don't think Gregg Williams or Mike Malarkey were the next big thing. Donahoe was scared of the big thing, that's why we got these non-play calling idiots.