Don't be too hard on......

sven233

LT -  DA BRICK

LG -  HUTCH

C -   BENTLEY

RG - WILLIAMS (a dominant, passionate Williams)

RT -  PETERS

560660[/snapback]

D'brick...whatever his name won't be around for our #8 selection, and Hutchinson will be franchised/re-signed by Seattle. Bentley can be had, but we may have to make him the highest paid center in the NFL to do so.

I am, though, buying into your theory about Mike Williams. I think many people on this board are being ridiculously harsh on him. He reacted to a major death in his family like many guys in their early-to-mid 20's would react to such an occurrence. Plus, my own suspicion (NOT based on any facts) is that Big Mike suffers from some type of depressive disorder, which had only been made worse with his grandma's death plus the ENORMOUS career expectations put on him. Throw in the constant coaching turnover, changes in offensive philosophies since 2002, the injuries, and well...here we are discussing it.

I'm very curious to hear how everyone would feel about this 2006 OL, as far as ability and realistic chances of happening:

LT: Mike Williams (hey, if he loses weight and regains that motivation :) )

LG: 2nd round draft selection - best guard available (1st rd goes to DL)

C: Bentley

RG: Villarial (remember him? he had injury problems too)

RT: Peters

Plus, my own suspicion (NOT based on any facts) is that Big Mike suffers from some type of depressive disorder.....

561062[/snapback]

Maybe Ralph can spare a few MGs of his Prozac, now that he's cured with TD's exit.

the problem is that he will not restructure. in fact, he would be stupid to do so.  if he gets cut, there will be enough demand for his services (easily) that he'll command a signing bonus in the 5-7 million range.  he'll also have a salary to go along with it. any way you cut it, it'll be more money than the bills would pay him if he agreed to take a pay cut to the level of what he's actually worth. he also has to realize that if he's going to get his career on track, he needs to get the hell out of buffalo.

560915[/snapback]

Actually, he has already stated (see locker room cleanout video on bb.com) that he understands that whether he is a tackle or guard next year, he will have to take a paycut. I'm surprised nobody has mentioned this yet. He stated as well that he definitely wants to be back here FWIW.

The bottom line with big Mike, and pretty much everyone on the line, is that they haven't done anything with any consistency to deserve any thing, let alone a job in the NFL. If any of them are retained, I'd hope its at a significant pay cut and only to back up whomever we bring in (with the possible exception of Peters).

Mike may have a lot of extenuating circumstances surrounding his subpar play. But who cares. Who's to say those types of circumstances won't continue? Also, who cares if he goes somewhere else and becomes the best lineman of all time? He's done nothing here and he's done nothing to show that he ever will here. Sometimes you just have to cut your slack and move on. And this definitely seems like a time to cut some slack.

LT -  DA BRICK

LG -  HUTCH

C -  BENTLEY

RG - WILLIAMS (a dominant, passionate Williams)

RT -  PETERS

560660[/snapback]

I like my idea for an Oline even better than yours:

LT – Walter Jones

LG – Steven Hutchenson

C – Jeff Saturday

RG – Alan Faneca

RT – Willie Anderson

Get 'er done Marv!

Actually, he has already stated (see locker room cleanout video on bb.com) that he understands that whether he is a tackle or guard next year, he will have to take a paycut. I'm surprised nobody has mentioned this yet. He stated as well that he definitely wants to be back here FWIW.

561079[/snapback]

didn't see that - thanks for passing it along. my understanding is that he refused to restructure last year.

I like my idea for an Oline even better than yours:

LT – Walter Jones

LG – Steven Hutchenson

C – Jeff Saturday

RG – Alan Faneca

RT – Willie Anderson

Get 'er done Marv!

561125[/snapback]

I agree!! But, not all those guys could be had this year.....I tried to make a line that COULD be put together if you wanted to sign the big contracts. I know mine wasn't realistic either, but a little more realistic than this one......although I do like your line better!

D'brick...whatever his name won't be around for our #8 selection, and Hutchinson will be franchised/re-signed by Seattle. Bentley can be had, but we may have to make him the highest paid center in the NFL to do so.

I am, though, buying into your theory about Mike Williams. I think many people on this board are being ridiculously harsh on him. He reacted to a major death in his family like many guys in their early-to-mid 20's would react to such an occurrence. Plus, my own suspicion (NOT based on any facts) is that Big Mike suffers from some type of depressive disorder, which had only been made worse with his grandma's death plus the ENORMOUS career expectations put on him. Throw in the constant coaching turnover, changes in offensive philosophies since 2002, the injuries, and well...here we are discussing it.

I'm very curious to hear how everyone would feel about this 2006 OL, as far as ability and realistic chances of happening:

LT: Mike Williams (hey, if he loses weight and regains that motivation :devil: )

LG: 2nd round draft selection - best guard available (1st rd goes to DL)

C: Bentley

RG: Villarial (remember him? he had injury problems too)

RT: Peters

561062[/snapback]

OK, I just talked with a good friend of mine who is a smart Seahawks fan. He says that he doesn't think they'll be able to afford the franchise tag on Hutchinson, nor will they be able to re-sign him.

So, Hutchinson AND Bentley are a real possibility if we are willing to overpay and if Marv Levy is serious about finally addressing this 10-year+ Achilles Heel of our franchise known as the offensive line.

How about this OL????:

LT Peters

LG Hutchinson

C Bentley

RG a healthy Villarial

RT a healthy Mike Williams, with a pay cut

PS: Right now, I don't think the free agent market for DE and DT is all that attractive, so we can focus on these positions through the draft.

OK, I just talked with a good friend of mine who is a smart Seahawks fan. He says that he doesn't think they'll be able to afford the franchise tag on Hutchinson, nor will they be able to re-sign him.

So, Hutchinson AND Bentley are a real possibility if we are willing to overpay and if Marv Levy is serious about finally addressing this 10-year+ Achilles Heel of our franchise known as the offensive line.

How about this OL????:

LT Peters

LG Hutchinson

C Bentley

RG a healthy Villarial

RT a healthy Mike Williams, with a pay cut

PS: Right now, I don't think the free agent market for DE and DT is all that attractive, so we can focus on these positions through the draft.

561932[/snapback]

LOOKS GREAT TO ME!!!