I'm really starting to think Buffalo

Mikie2times

While things can change Houston has all but selected Reggie Bush, and it appears like New Orleans and Tennessee will go with Leinhart and Young. After that the only other team standing in our way is the New York Jets.

After the Jets pick the rest of the teams don't have enough need at LT to draft the dancing bear. GB has Clifton entrenched, Oakland has Barry Simms with Robert Gallery as his likely successor, and the 49ers just signed JJ.

As for the Jets I do think they will give D'Brick a look, it's hard not to, but when you look at the needs on that team their stands a good chance they could look at RB or trading up. Mario Williams might also get a look by them as Abraham is a free agent.

What a steal it would be if we could land D'Brick. If we did I would even see if Mike will restructure, he isn't 4th pick good but he is our best run blocker. If he won't Peters showed he could play, and would also make a great future tandem with Ferguson.

I have a hunch that Mike Williams can still end up playing at a high level. And frankly we have the leverage. Because he has been a "bust" to this point, the pressure is on him to take a restructure as opposed to being cut outright. We'd get him at a more reasonable price, and with Ferguson on the opposite side I think they may in time develop into a dominant set of book ends.

The thing about Mike Williams is that his offseason starts NOW. Don't sit around and eat cheetos all winter and spring. Try some field greens with a nice vinaigrette. It's up to him and the coaches to get him to the level he can supposedly play at. So far well, he's a bust.

As far as DaBrick I really don't see it happening (could be wrong) due to teams drafting for best availible and fa. We'll see.

While things can change Houston has all but selected Reggie Bush, and it appears like New Orleans and Tennessee will go with Leinhart and Young.  After that the only other team standing in our way is the New York Jets.

After the Jets pick the rest of the teams don't have enough need at LT to draft the dancing bear. GB has Clifton entrenched, Oakland has Barry Simms with Robert Gallery as his likely successor, and the 49ers just signed JJ.

As for the Jets I do think they will give D'Brick a look, it's hard not to, but when you look at the needs on that team their stands a good chance they could look at RB or trading up. Mario Williams might also get a look by them as Abraham is a free agent.   

What a steal it would be if we could land D'Brick. If we did I would even see if Mike will restructure, he isn't 4th pick good but he is our best run blocker. If he won't Peters showed he could play, and would also make a great future tandem with Ferguson.

560615[/snapback]

From your lips to God's ears...

As far as DaBrick I really don't see it happening (could be wrong) due to teams drafting for best availible and fa.  We'll see.

560627[/snapback]

Are you basing that off anything in particular or is it that just you just think he's to talented to last? The reason I ask is because this appears to be a very unique draft class, one in which many of the best players on the board also fill huge needs for the teams ahead of us.

When you look at it now we know Houston will be in for a PR nightmare if they pass on Bush, and the Saints have already showed interest in Leinhart. D'Brick would be a good option for the Titans, but the best player available is probably Vince Young, and it also serves a need for them (They also have expressed interest already).Outside of that the rest of the teams are in pretty solid shape at LT, and other elite prospects will still be on the board. I really do believe it will come down to whether or not the Jets take him, and as of now I would say that's about 50-50. Still that's a lot better odds then I thought it would be a month ago.

Are you basing that off anything in particular or is it that just you just think he's to talented to last?  The reason I ask is because this appears to be a very unique draft class, one in which many of the best players on the board also fill huge needs for the teams ahead of us.

When you look at it now we know Houston will be in for a PR nightmare if they pass on Bush, and the Saints have already showed interest in Leinhart.  D'Brick would be a good option for the Titans, but the best player available is probably Vince Young, and it also serves a need for them (They also have expressed interest already).Outside of that the rest of the teams are in pretty solid shape at LT, and other elite prospects will still be on the board. I really do believe it will come down to whether or not the Jets take him, and as of now I would say that's about 50-50. Still that's a lot better odds then I thought it would be a month ago.

560639[/snapback]

I miss Vince already. :'(

A friend of mine is a Green Bay fan and he said that the Packers might look at D'Brickashaw. The wisdom here being that they'd move Chad Clifton to ORT and slide Mark Tauscher inside to OG. The Titans might have run out of time with Brad Hopkins too. I still say that if the Bills braintrust thinks D'Brickashaw is THE GUY then trade up....that goes for Mario Williams too (IF he's THE GUY!)

I am convinced that if D'Brickashaw falls past the Jets at pick #4, you'll see the Bills trade up to get him by taking Green Bay's spot. The Packers need a LOT of work and could still land a player like AJ Hawk, Kiwi or Ngata at #8, plus they'd probably pick up our second rounder for the trade...thats another starter for them and they wont lose out on much (Jimmy Williams and Mario Williams are probably the most likely Niners/Raiders picks at this point).

Bills get their star LT who they can FINALLY build an O-Line around...Packers get much needed Defensive help. A win-win really.

He won't make it to 8. San Fran will draft him if they stay put. It's been said they want to move JJ to the right side where he'll be more effective. Remember, they have a young QB that they wnat to protect.

Either way, there will be trade ups/downs. No one knows who will be picking 1-7 come draft day.

He won't make it to 8.  San Fran will draft him if they stay put.  It's been said they want to move JJ to the right side where he'll be more effective.  Remember, they have a young QB that they wnat to protect.

Either way, there will be trade ups/downs.  No one knows who will be picking 1-7 come draft day.

560665[/snapback]

I agree. Kwame Harris has been a bust at RT for the Niners and he is more likely on his way out. Moving Jennings to the right side would work and they would draft D'Brick in a second if he were available.

If the Bills want D'Brick they will have to trade up. I just do'nt see him falling this far.

He won't make it to 8.  San Fran will draft him if they stay put.  It's been said they want to move JJ to the right side where he'll be more effective.  Remember, they have a young QB that they wnat to protect.

Either way, there will be trade ups/downs.  No one knows who will be picking 1-7 come draft day.

560665[/snapback]

A poster in this thread said that Green Bay was in alot of trouble and need the picks. I strongly feel we are too. And we also need as many picks as possible because our team like anyone else's in the top 10 is in trouble. With that being said I would either trade down or not trade at all. If anything add picks don't negate them.

Also if we sit and wait at eight we will get a piece of the puzzle in one form or another. Free agency is going to show us how the Bills are going to draft.

Are you basing that off anything in particular or is it that just you just think he's to talented to last?  The reason I ask is because this appears to be a very unique draft class, one in which many of the best players on the board also fill huge needs for the teams ahead of us.

When you look at it now we know Houston will be in for a PR nightmare if they pass on Bush, and the Saints have already showed interest in Leinhart.  D'Brick would be a good option for the Titans, but the best player available is probably Vince Young, and it also serves a need for them (They also have expressed interest already).Outside of that the rest of the teams are in pretty solid shape at LT, and other elite prospects will still be on the board. I really do believe it will come down to whether or not the Jets take him, and as of now I would say that's about 50-50. Still that's a lot better odds then I thought it would be a month ago.

560639[/snapback]

To talented to last imo.

Green Bay will likely trade down a few spots to take LenDale White.

The Jets, I think, need defensive depth and athleticism - I don't see how they pass on Hawk or Williams.

As for the Niners, how can they possibly move JJ to right tackle, with all of the money they're paying him? I don't see them taking Brick, they'll have like $20 million next year tied up in their tackles.

I think we do have a shot - but I'm hoping we don't use it. Not that I don't like the player, but I think you can build lines differently - starting inside, building out. Center and guards are priorities, IMO. You don't draft those early in Round 1. Also, I think Peters moves to LT next year. Just a hunch. The guy I want? Vernon Davis, TE, Maryland.

I am convinced that if D'Brickashaw falls past the Jets at pick #4, you'll see the Bills trade up to get him by taking Green Bay's spot.  The Packers need a LOT of work and could still land a player like AJ Hawk, Kiwi or Ngata at #8, plus they'd probably pick up our second rounder for the trade...thats another starter for them and they wont lose out on much (Jimmy Williams and Mario Williams are probably the most likely Niners/Raiders picks at this point).

Bills get their star LT who they can FINALLY build an O-Line around...Packers get much needed Defensive help.  A win-win really.

560654[/snapback]

makes no sense to move up in this draft to (lose another potential starter) take a OT when its the deepest draft in many yeras at OT.

Ferfuson is arguably not even the best OT long term prospect in the draft. He plays light at 290 by NFL standards and has injury concern about his knee.

D'Brick would be a good option for the Titans, but the best player available is probably Vince Young, and it also serves a need for them (They also have expressed interest already).

560639[/snapback]

Titans have to maintain a public interest in Young in order to maximize thier trade leverage.

Rumor has it that the QB they really want is Jake Cutler who they could still get after multiple trade downs.

i think we are getting hutch/bently in FA this year

i also think we are going to sign another Olineman in FA.

i think we need the best D lineman with our first pick because we WILL have a shot at a guy who would be a 1st rounder in previous years in the 2nd round at OT.

that said, i think the brick might be a good enough player to chuck that in the water and hope for the inverse, that is being able to find a solid DT in round 2.

brick someone bently CV/Preston Williams/Peters

would be a pretty crazy line. there are about 25 Gs in the NFL who could look very very good in that line with that kind of talent at C and T.

Green Bay will likely trade down a few spots to take LenDale White.

The Jets, I think, need defensive depth and athleticism - I don't see how they pass on Hawk or Williams.

As for the Niners, how can they possibly move JJ to right tackle, with all of the money they're paying him?  I don't see them taking Brick, they'll have like $20 million next year tied up in their tackles.

I think we do have a shot - but I'm hoping we don't use it.  Not that I don't like the player, but I think you can build lines differently - starting inside, building out.  Center and guards are priorities, IMO.  You don't draft those early in Round 1.  Also, I think Peters moves to LT next year.  Just a hunch.  The guy I want?  Vernon Davis, TE, Maryland.

560731[/snapback]

It is possible that Brick will make it down to eighth, and if so we would be insane not to draft him. I suspect will get Ngata as a consolation prize though. The tight end I would want is Leonard Pope out of Georgia, assuming he enters the draft. I have a hunch he will last till the high second round and he will be outstanding. (This from the guy who pushed for us to draft Jason Witten)