Interview with Jim Mora Jr. on radio in ATL

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WAHHHHH

Cry me a river.

Get this assclown out of town on a rail.

Mularky HAS to be the least popular coach left with a job.

559985[/snapback]

Anyone who performs so poorly in their job capacity deserves to be publically ridiculed. It's unfortunate his son has to bear the brunt of his mistakes, but at least someone is holding him accountable and not letting him continue hoodwink the fans of Buffalo. It is sad that it has to be a substitute teacher, rather than Mr. Wilson or one of the brass at One Bills drive. To this point, he has insulated himself from criticism by cowering with Donahoe in the controlled environment of the stadium, and any public appearances he's made have been carefully monitored to make sure noone questions his authority or prowess, such as his radio shows. At least that substitute teacher reminded him that there are a lot of unhappy fans here in B-Lo, and that there are a lot of people who don't like him. Again, it's unfortunate his son had to be the medium, but let's keep it in perspective. Kids have too deal with insults all the time while growing up for one thing or another. If Mularkey can't deal with one benign comment from a disgruntled fan over his inflated salary and poor performance, he should get out of town. Come to think of it, he should get out of town anyway.

Definitely the substitute teacher was totally wrong to try to be humorous in a way that ended up being abusive to a child. I'd fire the idiot, but as a substitute it simply means they will never be hired.

However, just because the sub was an idiot does not mean MM handled this thing properly as an HC, as a person and unfortunately as a parent.

Simply being the HC of a losing team does not justify idiotic comments, but:

1. As an HC, MM is paid big bucks and while stupid comments are not justified he is well compensated and really needs to just suck it up rather than moan/

2. As a person, moaning about this is a dumb strategy since whining about it to Mora or anyone simply is going to invite more idiots to make unjustifiable comments because they know it gets to him.

3. Worst of all he handled it poorly as a parent because bullies do crap just to see their victim squirm so these cowards can feel better about themselves. By vocalizing about this attack on his son, MM has handled in a way that will unfortunately probably cause more unjustified attacks on his kid from stupid fans.

Nice going MM. Just suck it up and use your bucks to help your kid find fulfillment rather than whining to Mora.

3. Worst of all he handled it poorly as a parent because bullies do crap just to see their victim squirm so these cowards can feel better about themselves.  By vocalizing about this attack on his son, MM has handled in a way that will unfortunately probably cause more unjustified attacks on his kid from stupid fans.

Nice going MM. Just suck it up and use your bucks to help your kid find fulfillment rather than whining to Mora.

560254[/snapback]

That is my point.

I don't mean to seem insensitive to a kid getting picked on at school, hell I have 2 boys myself and I can just imagine, but to bring this topic up during a converstation with another coach, then that other coach make it public, well, that is just silly.

Concentrate on what should be your number one priority -- WINNING. With winning the bad things go away that are there with losing such as his kidding getting picked on.

Stop looking for excuses for some of the worst coaching the Bills have ever seen.

I was teased last week between the two press conferences thinking MM would actually be fired, and to my disappointment he will be back and so will these silly threads. I've never felt so horribly about a pro football coach, especially one of the Bills. I really think he is the worst coach left in the league, but I wonder if ALL losing teams fans say that about their teams coach?

He said that he talked to Mularkey about how it is impossible not to take fans criticism personally, especially when it affects your family.  He said that his 11 year old son came home from school recently and was upset.  He said "Dad for some reason everyone in school hates you now."

As far as Mularkey goes, he said that Mularkey told him that he has a child in elementary school in Buffalo. I guess about a week ago they had a substitute teacher in class who was taking role call and when he got to Mularkey, he said "as in the soon to be ex-coach of the Bills?"  I don't know if the teacher knew that this was actually Mularkey's kid or not but Mularkey was pretty upset by this...can't say I blame him.

559879[/snapback]

One hopes that remark was made by a soon-to-be-EX-substitute teacher. No class should = no more classes.

Stuff like this goes on EVERY day in the schools.  Maybe it is not a teacher, but kids say stuff to kids all the time.  When one kid does not have the latest fashion, the others pick on them.  It is part of growing up.

560441[/snapback]

Kids picking on other kids is one thing. Teachers doing so is an entirely different can o' worms.

Just my opinion...

He said that he talked to Mularkey about how it is impossible not to take fans criticism personally, especially when it affects your family.  He said that his 11 year old son came home from school recently and was upset.  He said "Dad for some reason everyone in school hates you now."

As far as Mularkey goes, he said that Mularkey told him that he has a child in elementary school in Buffalo. I guess about a week ago they had a substitute teacher in class who was taking role call and when he got to Mularkey, he said "as in the soon to be ex-coach of the Bills?"  I don't know if the teacher knew that this was actually Mularkey's kid or not but Mularkey was pretty upset by this...can't say I blame him.

559879[/snapback]

i don't know if i'd be upset getting insulted from a 10 000$ a year making substitute teacher

If I was Mularkey, I would refer to that guy as the "soon to punched out substitute teacher."

559879[/snapback]

Anyone who performs so poorly in their job capacity deserves to be publically ridiculed. It's unfortunate his son has to bear the brunt of his mistakes, but at least someone is holding him accountable and not letting him continue hoodwink the fans of Buffalo. It is sad that it has to be a substitute teacher, rather than Mr. Wilson or one of the brass at One Bills drive. To this point, he has insulated himself from criticism by cowering with Donahoe in the controlled environment of the stadium, and any public appearances he's made have been carefully monitored to make sure noone questions his authority or prowess, such as his radio shows. At least that substitute teacher reminded him that there are a lot of unhappy fans here in B-Lo, and that there are a lot of people who don't like him. Again, it's unfortunate his son had to be the medium, but let's keep it in perspective. Kids have too deal with insults all the time while growing up for one thing or another. If Mularkey can't deal with one benign comment from a disgruntled fan over his inflated salary and poor performance, he should get out of town. Come to think of it, he should get out of town anyway.

560228[/snapback]

that is the stupidest first post i have ever read

Kids picking on other kids is one thing. Teachers doing so is an entirely different can o' worms.

Just my opinion...

560461[/snapback]

growing up is hard enough, getting teased by your teacher will make it even worse. does anyone wonder why kids are losing it and bringing guns to school... because of jackasses like that, and a few of the posters on this board

*cough* nostradamus

No wonder Marvin Lewis' wife didn't want to enroll their kids in WNY schools.

You know--it takes a certain level of immaturity for an adult to just say the first idiotic, hurtful thing that pops into their head to an 11 year old kid....very impressive.

No wonder Marvin Lewis' wife didn't want to enroll their kids in WNY schools.

You know--it takes a certain level of immaturity for an adult to just say the first idiotic, hurtful thing that pops into their head to an 11 year old kid....very impressive.

560610[/snapback]

Wow. Thats painting with a pretty broad brush no?

Stuff like this goes on EVERY day in the schools.  Maybe it is not a teacher, but kids say stuff to kids all the time.  When one kid does not have the latest fashion, the others pick on them.  It is part of growing up.

560441[/snapback]

Right On....I can't believe what a PC world this has become. Poor judgement from the teacher, maybe, but for calls to fire him....comeon!

I'd like to see the parent teacher conference on this one:

Teacher: "Mr. Mularkey, your son seems to be having some difficulty with math. Why on his latest test the question was "Billy needs to get from Buffalo to Pittsburgh as quickly as possible. It is 300 miles from Buffalo to Pittsburgh. The plane goes 300 miles/hour, and Billy would have to wait 1 hour in the airport for the plane to takeoff. The train goes 100 miles an hour and Billy would have to wait 30 minutes for the train to leave the station. The bus goes 60mph and Billy would have to wait 20 minutes for the bus to leave the terminal. The final option is to have Damian Shelton take him to Pittsburgh on the handlebars of his bike. Shelton's bike goes 10mph, but there is no wait to get on since nobody expects to get to Pittsburgh on a bike. What form of transportation should Billy take to get to Pittsburgh the quickest?"

MM: "I think the answer is obvious."