"Man, that Drew Rosenhaus

Rico

i cant wait till drew is stuck with only one client ,kinda like jerry mcguire....except he dosn't write a feel good be a good angent story and he gets stuck with someone like drew bledsoe as his last chance to make some money for a contract!

Say what you want ... I like Drew Rosenhaus. He gets the most ammount of money for his clients. Terrel Owens is just a different story - he would have trouble with ANY agent - not just Drew Rosenhaus.

Its funny that you mentioned Jerry Maguire, because they based "Bob Sugar" from that movie off of Drew Rosenhaus. He also represents over 90 NFL players.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drew_Rosenhaus

Say what you want ... I like Drew Rosenhaus. He gets the most ammount of money for his clients. Terrel Owens is just a different story - he would have trouble with ANY agent - not just Drew Rosenhaus.

Its funny that you mentioned Jerry Maguire, because they based "Bob Sugar" from that movie off of Drew Rosenhaus. He also represents over 90 NFL players.

559339[/snapback]

Why doesnt that suprise me. The guy is a jerk, but he does make money. I wonder how long it'll be before a team stops signing anyone represented by him, kinda like the white sox GM Kenny Williams refuses to negotiate with any player represented by Scott Boras, baseball's Rosenhaus

Why doesnt that suprise me.  The guy is a jerk, but he does make money. I wonder how long it'll be before a team stops signing anyone represented by him, kinda like the white sox GM Kenny Williams refuses to negotiate with any player represented by Scott Boras, baseball's Rosenhaus

559354[/snapback]

That won't happen because he represents so many players that teams would be commiting free agency suicide by saying they wont accept 90 (probably over 100+ by next year) of the NFL's players.

559339[/snapback]

One prominent example of Rosenhaus' success as an agent was his representation of former University of Miami star running back Willis McGahee, who, in January 2003, suffered a disastrous, potentially career-ending knee injury in his final college game (the Fiesta Bowl, which was the national championship game that year; Miami lost) and, one month after the injury, signed with Rosenhaus with the goal of obtaining an NFL contract.

A seemingly arrogant prediction at the time, Rosenhaus predicted that, under his representation, McGahee would be a first-round NFL draft pick in the 2003 NFL draft. Rosenhaus also offered to waive his standard three-percent commission and work for free if McGahee failed to be drafted in the first round. Surpising to many, in April 2003, proving Rosenhaus' prediction accurate, the Buffalo Bills picked McGahee in the first round as the 23rd overall choice in the draft, despite the fact that McGahee, still suffering from a devastating knee injury, started his career with the Bills not only unable to play, but barely able to walk. After successful reconstructive surgery and intensive rehabilitation, McGahee signed a five-year contract with Bills worth about $16 million.[3] McGahee is currently one of the NFL's most promising young running backs.

also one of the most underachieving. someone needs to edit that in

That won't happen because he represents so many players that teams would be commiting free agency suicide by saying they wont accept 90 (probably over 100+ by next year) of the NFL's players.

559360[/snapback]

Boras represents many of the top players in baseball, usually the best free agents over the past few seasons and the Sox still won the WS

I can see it being a bit different for football due to the sheer amount of starting players per team. However, his method of promoting his players to get them more money tends to be a problem a lot of times, i.e. players holding out for bigger contracts in non contract season, having players my public announcements of their greatness or guaranteeing this and that. After a while it turns players into monsters, i.e. TO. The whole mess with Owens really started when he started whining over a contract he had just signed less than a year before.

I know its not like that for all the players he represents, but it just seems that the bigger the name he represents, the more problems they cause for teams. To some GM's that can be a major turn off

I agree.  Didn't really get the Moss quip though - didn't the Vikings have a better record this year than they did last year?

559373[/snapback]

They beat the Pack in the playoffs last year before losing to Philly.

Remember Moss "mooning" the Cheeseheads? :doh:

559360[/snapback]

not if he keeps losing clients left and right (for instance, grady jackson and javon walker to name two).......he is starting to feel some backlash........

Why doesnt that suprise me.  The guy is a jerk, but he does make money. I wonder how long it'll be before a team stops signing anyone represented by him, kinda like the white sox GM Kenny Williams refuses to negotiate with any player represented by Scott Boras, baseball's Rosenhaus

559354[/snapback]

You should post more often.

That way I can occasionally click on your name to see a larger version of your avatar.

Holy sheet!