"Man, that Drew Rosenhaus

Rico

Say what you want ... I like Drew Rosenhaus. He gets the most ammount of money for his clients. Terrel Owens is just a different story - he would have trouble with ANY agent - not just Drew Rosenhaus.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drew_Rosenhaus

559339[/snapback]

That is really not an acurate statement. One thing is GMs acyually like when rookies are represented by Drew, as I do not believe he has ever had a rookie be late for camp. It may not be 100%, but its dam close.

Now, veterans are looking elsewhere because Drew is doing the OPPOSITE of getting the most money. Yes he held out Wally Ogenlyeye(sp) and got a better contract from Chicago than fem the Fins, but the guy was RFA, and signing for the tender would have been crazy.

But I think players are looking at the Mike Mckenzie situation, the Javon Walker situation, the TO situation, and saying man, that brother fugged these guys up. I got the feeling that he now has the rep of a guy who talks tough, but does not give his guys the greatest advise. If he had been a little less bombastic and not backed teams into corners, I think these guys would have gotten their restructures done. But, a team cannot succumb to giving into players demand to restructure, or else every guy on the squad who had a good year would want the same, and the precedent would have set.

Good agents know making their restructure demands public generally get them nothing outside of a nasty confrontation, and some face time on TV. But Drew craves that face time, as I think a lot of players are starting to realize.

That is really not an acurate statement. One thing is GMs acyually like when rookies are represented by Drew, as I do not believe he has ever had a rookie be late for camp. It may not be 100%, but its dam close.

Now, veterans are looking elsewhere because Drew is doing the OPPOSITE of getting the most money. Yes he held out Wally Ogenlyeye(sp) and got a better contract from Chicago than fem the Fins, but the guy was RFA, and signing for the tender would have been crazy.

But I think players are  looking at the Mike Mckenzie situation, the Javon Walker situation, the TO situation, and saying man, that brother fugged these guys up. I got the feeling that he now has the rep of a guy who talks tough, but does not give his guys the greatest advise. If he had been a little less bombastic and not backed teams into corners, I think these guys would have gotten their restructures done. But, a team cannot succumb to giving into players demand to restructure, or else every guy on the squad who had a good year would want the same, and the precedent would have set.

Good agents know making their restructure demands public generally get them nothing outside of a nasty confrontation, and some face time on TV. But Drew craves that face time, as I think a lot of players are starting to realize.

559743[/snapback]

To play devils advocate, (and no i'm not supporting rosenhaus, hes a scumbag), all of his players that wanted to renegotiate last offseason and made it public, still showed up in camp on time. (TO situation aside) So while rosensleaze may talk a big game, he, or his playrs, know the importance of not holding out.

To play devils advocate, (and no i'm not supporting rosenhaus, hes a scumbag), all of his players that wanted to renegotiate last offseason and made it public, still showed up in camp on time. (TO situation aside) So while rosensleaze may talk a big game, he, or his playrs, know the importance of not holding out.

559768[/snapback]

But i think that is is problem now. While he talked a big game, none of his guys actually held out or got any kind of increase. Except for McKenzie, who held I think like three or four weeks, forced a trade to NO, and still did not vet a restuctured contract. So, the guy lost like a quarter of his salary, got traded mid year to a system he was not familiar with, had a lackluster year, and was forced to play another year under his old contract. In other words, held out for absolutely nothing.

Then you add in the TO situation, the Ferguson situation(again, I undersdatnd guys playing under their first contracts holding out) and this dude just hasen't gotten it done over the last couple of years, outsie of gaining TV exposure.

But i think that is is problem now. While he talked a big game, none of his guys actually held out or got any kind of increase. Except for McKenzie, who held I think like three or four weeks, forced a trade to NO, and still did not vet a restuctured contract. So, the guy lost like a quarter of his salary, got traded mid year to a system he was not familiar with, had a lackluster year, and was forced to play another year under his old contract. In other words, held out for absolutely nothing.

Then you add in the TO situation, the Ferguson situation(again, I undersdatnd guys playing under their first contracts holding out) and this dude just hasen't gotten it done over the last couple of years, outsie of gaining TV exposure.

559804[/snapback]

in drew's defense (man, i feel dirty just typing that) the mckenzie situation did work out to mckenzie's benefit in the end........

he did get a contract extension last june.......at the time he still had 2 years left on his contract and there is a very good chance that if he was still in green bay he would have had to play out those 2 years before seeing a new deal.......there are plenty of situations to shed doubt on drew's handling of clients, but that is not one of them because his plan worked in that case........

in drew's defense (man, i feel dirty just typing that) the mckenzie situation did work out to mckenzie's benefit in the end........

he did get a contract extension last june.......at the time he still had 2 years left on his contract and there is a very good chance that if he was still in green bay he would have had to play out those 2 years before seeing a new deal.......there are plenty of situations to shed doubt on drew's handling of clients, but that is not one of them because his plan worked in that case........

559812[/snapback]

wag, you are correct sir, my bad, I did not know he had reupped. $7M signing bonus.

Although, to defend my original point, I really think in a lot of cases Drew goes public to early saying my guy is gonna hold out unless he gets a new contract. I really believe that is best done behind closed doors, as once it becomes public, hard to justify not redoing anybody who has a good year. On the other hand, if done behind closed doors, GM simply says this was our decision to tie up a guy who we really like for a longer period, without looking like they caved to an agent.

Stick Barry Sanders behind our line and see if he does much better ... I mean come on man - THINK before we post.

559363[/snapback]

Didja ever watch some of those Lions O-lines Sanders DID run behind?

;)

And yet, he still managed a career 5.0 yards/carry average...