Which player do you think the Bills should draft

billsboys

Assuming that the Bills can move down a bit, I'd take the run stuffing DT from Oregon, Haloti Ngata. You are asking this question on the night he declared for the draft! Good timing possibly. I would look to dangle the #8 pick for a team willing to trade up for Kiwanuka, Cutler or Ryans. Arizona @ @10 would be ideal. They need a young guy at QB, if you ask me. They're going to ignore McNown in free agency. How long will it be viable for Kurt Warner to keep that job? Not too long in my estimation.

Assuming that the Bills can move down a bit, I'd take the run stuffing DT from Oregon, Haloti Ngata. You are asking this question on the night he declared for the draft! Good timing possibly. I would look to dangle the #8 pick for a team willing to trade up for Kiwanuka, Cutler or Ryans. Arizona @ @10 would be ideal. They need a young guy at QB, if you ask me. They're going to ignore McNown in free agency. How long will it be viable for Kurt Warner to keep that job? Not too long in my estimation.

558007[/snapback]

Kurt wants to start, so don't even go there! :D

While I would be content with a premier LT (D'Brick) or DT (Ngata, if that's what they are, I would rather get a premier DE (Mario) if at all possible. It just seems it harder to get a special DE's than DT's. We might be able to get a potentially very good DT on the second or third round to plug up the middle. If Mario has freakish talent (6'6", 280, and fast), how can you pass on it? The OL is lousy but it might be not be so bad if MW can play guard (370 pound guard with Top 4 talent - it may translate into productivity), Peters seems to be a find at one tackle, Preston was picked to play center (and did OK for a rookie), so that leaves 1 guard (pretty easy - holdovers, gandy, FA, draft) and the LT. If MW takes a pay cut, it's a pretty cheap line until the LT, so the $$ is there to shore it up.

While I would be content with a premier LT (D'Brick) or DT (Ngata,  if that's what they are, I would rather get a premier DE (Mario) if at all possible.   It just seems it harder to get a special DE's than DT's.   We might be able to get a potentially very good DT on the second or third round to plug up the middle.  If Mario has freakish talent (6'6", 280, and fast), how can you pass on it?  The OL is lousy but it might be not be so bad if MW can play guard (370 pound guard with Top 4 talent - it may translate into productivity), Peters seems to be a find at one tackle, Preston was picked to play center (and did OK for a rookie), so that leaves 1 guard (pretty easy - holdovers, gandy, FA, draft) and the LT.  If MW takes a pay cut, it's a pretty cheap line until the LT, so the $$ is there to shore it up.

558023[/snapback]

A DE! Your're kidding! We have great DE's already. RE Schobel and LE split with Kelsay and Denney. They are really good so why pick a DE. It's either a LT or DT true. #1 pick take a LT and with the #2 pick, draft a BIG DT!

A DE!  Your're kidding!  We have great DE's already.  RE Schobel and LE split with Kelsay and Denney.  They are really good so why pick a DE.  It's either a LT or DT true.  #1 pick take a LT and with the #2 pick draft a BIG DT!

558083[/snapback]

lol--u do have a good sense of humor

We do NOT have really good DE's billsboy and don't be surprisd if the DE we end up with is Tamba Hali. He gives 100% every play and while his natural pass rush skills are not as good as Kiwi's, he's a better all around end. Tanba Hali is my wild card since the Brick and Super Mario will probably be gone.......

We do NOT have really good DE's billsboy and don't be surprisd if the DE we end up with is Tamba Hali. He gives 100% every play and while his natural pass rush skills are not as good as Kiwi's, he's a better all around end. Tanba Hali is my wild card since the Brick and Super Mario will probably be gone.......

558149[/snapback]

The question I have for Tamba is his size and am worrisome of PSU's track record for defensive talent lately. As Courtney Brown and Michael Haynes haven't played up to their predraft hyple. Of course RB Larry Johnson was a former Nittany Lion and they did produce a few busts at RBs prior to him so that's not the greatest of arguements. Going back to his size, right now he's listed at 6-1 264# which means he's that (or probably smaller) and best suited for Right DE where we currently have Aaron Schobel where other top ranked DEs (Super Mario and Kiwi) are well over 6-1 and could be better at Left DE (ie matched up against a TE and/or bigger Right OT) where IMHO we currently have a hole. I know someone will come and talk about Freeney's size but again Freeney plays Right DE not Left.

Therefore my first choice is Eric Winston, who I rate the 2nd best Left OT prospect behind Brick. As I've stated many times that the draft is about the best collection of players and feel Winston coupled with a DT like Gabe Watson would be a better start at 1-2 than say Ngata and McNeill, Colledge, Whitworth (ie an OT that could be available in Round 2 who I feel couldnt make it as a left OT in the NFL).

I'm only interested in Mario because they say he has Peppers-like size and skills. If he's just a very good DE (like the PSU guy), I would go with the DT. One thing to consider is the relative age of the different side of the ball. 2 years from now, when we might legitimately compete assuming Losman is legit, the offense will still be relatively young (evans, parrish, WM, peters, MW, the rookie center, everett, losman, and anyone added this draft). However, the defense will be aging and in decline in many positions (Adams, Fletcher, Spikes, Milloy, Vincent, Posey, and Schoebel may be topping out about then). Therefore, we might need to inject some youth with Top 8 talent into that unit. Having said all that, if the LT Ferguson is a special player and Mario or Ngata aren't at that level, then go with Ferguson, if we get the chance.

D'Brickashaw Ferguson if he's there. Its amazing to me that everybody screams for a LT the whole season and when it comes to draft time you hear names like Ngata and Mario Williams. They are great players, and if D'Brick isnt there yeah we take them, but come on, lets not lose sight of filling our biggest problem for the last 8 years or so.

My Order:

-D'Brickashaw Ferguson

-Ngata

-Mario

-Kiwanuka (i think he's one of my favs)

-Jimmy Williams