Best wings in town..

Spikes16

After the Sabres game last night we went to the Swane House. UNFREAKINGBELIEVABLE wings!!! :D

557770[/snapback]

I used to eat luch there a lot. Pretty good place...but, i don't remember the wings being anything special.

A guy at work told me about them. We had seven guys with us and that was the concensus. Fantastic.Four pitchers of beer, two pops and 65 wings= $40.

557776[/snapback]

How hot were they? Perhaps the reason I don't remember them is because they weren't over-the-top-STOOPID-hot. That's how I like my wings.

A guy at work told me about them. We had seven guys with us and that was the concensus. Fantastic.Four pitchers of beer, two pops and 65 wings= $40.

Jeez, I don't know if there's any place here in Albany that you can get just 4 pitchers for less than $40. Also, much to my dismay, 'pop' isn't even available here. All they have is 'soda'. :D

Jeez, I don't know if there's any place here in Albany that you can get just 4 pitchers for less than $40.  Also, much to my dismay, 'pop' isn't even available here.  All they have is 'soda'.  :D

557788[/snapback]

Sorry, soda. We ordered them medium and they were perfect.

WOW, all this talk of wings is making me anxious. I really can't eat the GREAT Buffalo junk food like I used too.

In ways that is good, but in a conversation like this, it is BAD.

I also miss the Mikes Subs and Louis Texas Hots, but right now, any of this would put me away for a few days.

I was a semi-regular there when I had Sabres season tix.  The Ful-Mar for parking and beers and wings at the swanne house periodically.  I still say the best wings in WNY are at the Bar-bill tavern in East Aurora though.

557806[/snapback]

I agree with you on that, as a former resident of EA. The quite large there and different.

After the Sabres game last night we went to the Swane House. UNFREAKINGBELIEVABLE wings!!! :D

557770[/snapback]

I heard that your friends can't handle their booze and that those wings upset his stomach!

The Swanie is one of the best places to eat in Buffalo, IMO. I call it my "winter tailgate" because its where I usually go prior to Sabres games.

If you go back, their fries are great, you get a huge plate of them super cheap. They also have the best chicken sandwich in town, I usually get the Greek one but they have a bunch of different choices.

That bar is over 100 years old and it's as Buffalo a bar as you can get. (Which, again IMO, is the highest compliment you give a bar.)

I love that place.

The Swanie is one of the best places to eat in Buffalo, IMO. I call it my "winter tailgate" because its where I usually go prior to Sabres games.

If you go back, their fries are great, you get a huge plate of them super cheap. They also have the best chicken sandwich in town, I usually get the Greek one but they have a bunch of different choices.

That bar is over 100 years old and it's as Buffalo a bar as you can get. (Which, again IMO, is the highest compliment you give a bar.)

I love that place.

558043[/snapback]

Where is it? I take it is on Swan street. I never been there.

I know my sister would always piss and moan when her ex (I never drank with him... He was a SOB.) would be out drinking after work... I think that is where he would usually be.

:D:P:angry:

Jeez, I don't know if there's any place here in Albany that you can get just 4 pitchers for less than $40.  Also, much to my dismay, 'pop' isn't even available here.  All they have is 'soda'.  :D

557788[/snapback]

crap...50 wings at duffs is already 27 bucks

i think 50 wings at lanovas is about 30

you guys have not had the best wings in the buffalo area until you have gone out to the bar bill in east aurora. I'm serious about this. Go on a tuesday when you buy one single order, you get one free. The cajun, the sicilian, and the hot.......and then you will know you have had the best wings around....period.

Where is it?  I take it is on Swan street.  I never been there.

I know my sister would always piss and moan when her ex (I never drank with him... He was a SOB.) would be out drinking after work... I think that is where he would usually be.

:D  :P  :angry:

558048[/snapback]

Do the Walter sisters still own that place?