Strong Character!!!!

TKO

If character matters, girl-beater/deadbeat dad/quitter Moulds is gone first.

555852[/snapback]

hey! :P moulds singlehandedly put all the girls at the sundowners through college with the money he dumps into that joint

note: college could also = ...well, you fill it in

any guess what other player Marv was referring to when he discussed drafting Shane Conlan?

555708[/snapback]

Derrick Rodgers defensive end drafted by the Detroit Lions who we brought in after he was released fron jail and he didn't workout and I believe ended back up in jail.

I guess that means McGahee's gone because he's sure a self righteous idiot.

555690[/snapback]

well people forget how marv coached........................he had a different set of rules for guys like thurman thomas.thurman was allowed to be late for meetings.if willis produces and is the face of the offense willis will be able to do as he pleases

Marv also added that he'd like to see the character issue even spread to the Bills fans, elevating them to something special in the league.

Interesting indeed. I think he's on to something there... are we on board with it?

I guess scouting anyone on the VT Hoakie squad is out of the question?

I can't post the link for the Tribune's article about what the refs said about VT and what went on vs. Louisville... They would have thrown Vick out if the ref saw it. The refs apologized for missing it. You needed to register... It is an eyeopener about the Hoakie squad and (Marcus) Vick... Just like his sleeze-ball brother, A.K.A: Ron Mexico

What are they putting in the water down in VA?

Was Bruce Smith a Hoakie or Cavalier?

well people forget how marv coached........................he had a different set of rules for guys like thurman thomas.thurman was allowed to be late for meetings.if willis produces and is the face of the offense willis will be able to do as he pleases

556170[/snapback]

And rightly so... You EARN perks!

556170[/snapback]

I'd put it differently than "two sets of rules". I think he treated players as individuals and wasn't a "rules" kinda guy. What works for one player doesn't for another. These are MEN. Treat them that way and expect (and demand) they behave that way. There will be times when someone does something wrong...then it gets dealt with.

As for the comment someone made about TT not being a team player. My response is "WTF are you talking about?" TT was totally team oriented. He made some mistakes (where's the helmut?) and could have been a better blocker. But TT took the younger backs under his wing...worked with them...gave them more playing time than the coach would have...and sang their praises. I never heard TT complain that he didn't get the ball enough...did you?

I'd put it differently than "two sets of rules".  I think he treated players as individuals and wasn't a "rules" kinda guy.  What works for one player doesn't for another.  These are MEN.  Treat them that way and expect (and demand) they behave that way.  There will be times when someone does something wrong...then it gets dealt with.

As for the comment someone made about TT not being a team player.  My response is "WTF are you talking about?"  TT was totally team oriented.  He made some mistakes (where's the helmut?) and could have been a better blocker.  But TT took the younger backs under his wing...worked with them...gave them more playing time than the coach would have...and sang their praises.  I never heard TT complain that he didn't get the ball enough...did you?

556447[/snapback]

Exactly!

Marv is not a machine... He is a throwback, not a modern day robot that demands perfection.

In saying that, is that what a "maker" of men is? I say yes.

Just look at what eff-ups people like Kelly and Smith were early on. Kelly had his wild, "The U type" personality early on... Acted like a total arse at times. Bruce, with his taunting antics and other personal probs.

Yes, they did bicker... Who doesn't? They all turned things around. TT's personal demons surfaced later and he got through them.

Marv will be very instrumental with his philosophy he brings to the table. Unfortunately, all people see is the X's and O's / Win-Loses.

556170[/snapback]

Marv isn't the coach. The players will have to answer to Mularkey's clubhouse rules, not Marv's.

Marv isn't the coach.  The players will have to answer to Mularkey's clubhouse rules, not Marv's.

556502[/snapback]

oh i know that and i wasnt implying that marv will coach.what i was trying to reply to was the fact that just because marv is the gm that it means people like willis are gone.i was saying that when marv was the coach of the buffalo bills he let his "stars"get away with more than the regular players.and i wasn't dissing thurman thomas ,i loved thermal.i just know reading about marv they have said that he let thurman be late for team meetings and stuff like that and thermal would laugh and joke about it at the team lessons/meetings.

I can't post the link for the Tribune's article about what the refs said about VT and what went on vs. Louisville... They would have thrown Vick out if the ref saw it. The refs apologized for missing it. You needed to register... It is an eyeopener about the Hoakie squad and (Marcus) Vick... Just like his sleeze-ball brother, A.K.A: Ron Mexico

- are you referring to him stepping on the LBs leg and grinding while they were talking to his brother in the stands - he should have been thrown out

- are you referring to him stepping on the LBs leg and grinding while they were talking to his brother in the stands - he should have been thrown out

556795[/snapback]

Here is today's article:

Vick May Be Done At VT

Vick may be done at Va. Tech

By Norm Wood

Tribune Newspapers: Newport News Daily Press

Published January 6, 2006

BLACKSBURG, Va. -- Virginia Tech will suspend quarterback Marcus Vick for an undetermined number of games next season if he returns to school, according to two sources within the athletic department who asked to remain anonymous. The suspension is the result of Vick stomping on a Louisville player's leg in the first half of Monday's Gator Bowl.

Virginia Tech coach Frank Beamer will meet with Brenda Boddie, Vick's mother, and Vick to discuss the player's options Friday. If Vick doesn't accept the suspension, he will either have to transfer to another school or turn pro.

In order to gain immediate eligibility next season by transferring, he'd have to go to a Division I-AA or lower level school. Vick said at a news conference Dec. 29 that he doesn't plan to enter the National Football League draft in April.

This is the latest controversy for Vick. The school suspended him for the 2004 season after convictions for reckless driving and marijuana possession and because he was convicted in May 2004 of contributing to the delinquency of a minor.

Vick, 21, re-enrolled at Tech in January 2005. He won the starting job and led the Hokies to an 11-2 season.

Yesterday's article:

Brutal VT Players

Top article, 1-5-6... You gotta register for this one.

I'm not looking for players who would be good scout troop leaders. I want guys who can play. Thurman, Andre, Jimbo and Bruce could be real jerks but man could they play.

Character is important to a point, you can't have guys in the slammer on Sunday or so exhausted from being out all Saturday night that they are useless. If they stay out of jail, pass the drug tests and are ready to play on Sunday, I don't care what else they do.

Marv's main focus will be changing the culture in the franchise.

"Character" can be interupted in many different way. But Levy will his patent character identification system to find players that have certain "character traits" that will form an entirely new culture; a culture that recognizes TEAM unity.

d?onahoe formed a "me" culture that was dependent on INDIVIDUALS with certain talent levels. d?onagoe said more than once, "On paper we look great. This group has enormous amounts of talent or potential talent, BUT we have been nothing but paper tigers." These are not the direct words, but the point is still the same. I think one time he said this was just before he fired Gregg Williams, then again said this after mularkey was hired and getting acquainted with the players. This was the "mental toughness" d?onahow said was lacking.

In this culture d?onahoe, as I said, stressed individualism. If all the players and coaches played in golf, well maybe the Bills would be great, but this is a TEAM sport.

This is where I do love many of Levy's quotes. The guy can always come up with a very meaningful expression that somehow sticks in peoples mind.

Additionally, Levy ALWAYS viewed the fans on a very high, respectful level. Levy recognizes the fans in Buffalo are unmatched in intensity and football knowledge. Levy also understands the previous regime did not treat the fans with any respect; thus, his comments on elevating the character of the fan base. He knows what we were once and he knows that as long as we are included, we will be the best again.