V. Young...

Kiper was just on NFL Live. IF VY comes out:

Before yesterday, Bush & Leinart were 1-2, with Young going 6-10.

After yesterday, Young shot up to top 3 & could end up #1,

too early to tell, should be a wild race to draft day.

Kiper also said that Bush shouldn't be hurt by the perception that he went into a funk after that awful lateral.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kiper was just on NFL Live. IF VY comes out:

Before yesterday, Bush & Leinart were 1-3, with Young going 6-10.

After yesterday, Young shot up to top 3 & could end up #1,

too early to tell, should be a wild race to draft day.

Kiper also said that Bush shouldn't be hurt by the perception that he went into a funk after that awful lateral.

555979[/snapback]

you know, bush had 187 combined yards from scrimmage along with a spectacular td. thurman had 190 combined along with a spectacular td v. the giants in the sb. the point is that he played pretty well and put up some big numbers.

Did anyone mention anything about Troy Smith's performance against ND? This kid is underated and will be coming out in all likelihood in 2007.

555984[/snapback]

He had a hell of a game... if Young comes back next year, OSU - Texas in Austin will be wild!

I seriously doubt Vince Young will be anything more than a mediocre pro QB.  That was a terrific performance last night but he'd be headless in the NFL playing the same way.

556049[/snapback]

That's why some team will draft him high and refine that skill package into another Donovan McNabb or Steve McNair.

I seriously doubt Vince Young will be anything more than a mediocre pro QB.  That was a terrific performance last night but he'd be headless in the NFL playing the same way.

556049[/snapback]

You are correct Sir. Let me purchase your next pint of Porter.

556049[/snapback]

I agree. Scouts who never sleep and watch a ridiculous number of games aren't going to drastically change their draft boards based on one game. As great as he played last night he still served up an easy int w/ his team down by 12 which if caught - would've ended the game.

556049[/snapback]

I disagree. What impressed me most was his ability to stay calm and take in the way each play was unfolding. He made a LOT of good decisions last night (and of course a few bad ones, but not many). With a head like that plus a "comeback" temperament, I'd be surprised if he didn't figure out a way to adapt himself to the pro game. His style of play might change somewhat, of course, and he won't be racking up 500 yard games, but I bet he's gonna be a fine and interesting player to watch for a long time. Keep him out of the AFC East.

I disagree. What impressed me most was his ability to stay calm and take in the way each play was unfolding. He made a LOT of good decisions last night (and of course a few bad ones, but not many). With a head like that plus a "comeback" temperament, I'd be surprised if he didn't figure out a way to adapt himself to the pro game. His style of play might change somewhat, of course, and he won't be racking up 500 yard games, but I bet he's gonna be a fine and interesting player to watch for a long time. Keep him out of the AFC East.

556197[/snapback]

Um...but he can't throw. So what is he going to do in the NFL? Be a running QB?

At least Vick and McNabb could throw the football when they came out. Of course, Vick can't throw it very well, but he is still head and shoulders above Young.

Young is a player without a position in the pro game.

Bush is a 2 down player who isn't big enough to last in the NFL. He's Warrick Dunn plus one

Leinert doesn't have the zip in his arm to be anything more than a so-so pro.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/DunnWa00.htm

2 or 3 more good seasons, and mr. dunn will be most likely be making a trip to the hall of fame.

556342[/snapback]

Only topped 1,000 yards in less than half the years he played in the league. Those are not HOF numbers.

Dunn is good, not great. Bush will be good, not great -- certainly not "the best ever" and certainly not worth the money he will be paid as a No 1 or 2 pick.

I never said Dunn or Barber suck.

I never even said Bush sucked.

556387[/snapback]

Well saying Bush is Warrick Dunn + 1 certainly isn't waxing poetic about either guy.

And I still think you're comment about Bush not lasting is silly. People like you drop words like "prototypical" and "physical specimen" all the time, as if that's some good predictor of a player's success and constitution.

These are the same types who get all doe-eyed and light-headed when a Todd Marinovich takes his shirt off.

Well saying Bush is Warrick Dunn + 1 certainly isn't waxing poetic about either guy.

And I still think you're comment about Bush not lasting is silly. People like you drop words like "prototypical" and "physical specimen" all the time, as if that's some good predictor of a player's success and constitution.

These are the same types who get all doe-eyed and light-headed when a Todd Marinovich takes his shirt off.

556430[/snapback]

Not true at all. I just said that Bush is not an everydown player...EVEN IN COLLEGE. How can he expect to be one in the pros? And if you think that's wrong, just look at the game last night. 4th and 2, the biggest play of the year and he isn't even on the field.

I'm not even sure he is the best back on the USC squad.

He is a dynamic player, but his style of play is not suited for the NFL where he won't have the luxery of playing against soft defenses every other game. So how do you justify paying a guy top money when he isn't an every down back?