Rose Bowl Game Thread

OnTheRocks

the Rose Bowl = V.Young Vs. USC, texas has nothing elso more to do, and there D-line aint playing that great. Lendalle White looks sick, a very very strong, durable and quick RB, almost like a E. James or Thurmanator. Bush looks good too, but I can see him gettin crushed in the NFL by some defensive lineman and killing him.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the Rose Bowl = V.Young Vs. USC, texas has nothing elso more to do, and there D-line aint playing that great.  Lendalle White looks sick, a very very strong, durable and quick RB, almost like a E. James or Thurmanator.  Bush looks good too, but I can see him gettin crushed in the NFL by some defensive lineman and killing him.

554648[/snapback]

I would take White over Willis hands down, the guy is going to be a great NFL back. I have also bee impressed with Byrd and Huff.

How did V. Young NOT win the Heisman?  He should be the MVP of this game.  Even if Texas loses!

554655[/snapback]

It's pretty obvious Bush's game is heavily affected by the speed of the defenses he faces. That doesn't mean he won't be a great pro, but he is predominantly an outside runner, and just like the NFL it's difficult to run outside against fast defenses. Put him against defenses with a little less speed and he looks like one of the best runners in NCAA History.

two things

1. anyone see the look in Vince young's eyes before the final drive? You KNEW they were going to go down and score.

2. Pete carroll got his by being an arrogant prick and not punting on 4th down with 2 mins left. :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: pete and leinhart

awesome game, so good to see usc choke...

Threepeat this, "Choke-sign" Carroll.

554687[/snapback]

One of the All Time worst Coaching Jobs I have ever seen...I mean is there anyone in the entire Football World that did not know Young was going to Run the Ball on 4th Down?...And the decision to go for it on 4th Down at Mid Field? What the heck was that?

Just horrible...No way SC should have lost that Game...They were the better Team IMO...And if Bush does not try that stupid lateral they would have saved Carroll the brain craps of having to make any 4th Quarter decisions because the whole Game turned on that Play...

Congrats to Texas though...They took advantage of SC's arrogance and Won the Game...They should be talking about this one for a while... :doh:

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.