Quiet prayer for the miners in WV

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 FOUND ALIVE !!!!!

God has blessed these twelve miners. As it's been said, the other end of faith is God.

551855[/snapback]

Maybe the other end is actually the ego-driven rush to be the first with the news - damn the facts.

Errant early reports. Only 1 of 13 alive. In critical condition.

These mine officials should be put in the mine!

551882[/snapback]

Im almost willing to bet that some of those officials are where they are now because they escaped the mine.

Not making excuses for whatever screw up happened though.

The mining company knew 20 minutes after the initial report, that the miners were dead, but waited 3 hours before telling the family members???

Seriously.  How can someone make this decision?

551894[/snapback]

To prevent stuff like the first report. Get the facts first...then release the information to the families and media.

To prevent stuff like the first report. Get the facts first...then release the information to the families and media.

552138[/snapback]

Of course it is no longer acceptable to say 'no comment' or 'we don't know' in our minute by minute update world.

This is the kind of sh-- that happens when no one wants to wait and listen anymore. Next thing you know, we'll be calling Presidental elections wrong before the polls are even closed. Oh....wait.....

Sad day for the families of the miners.

Its a sad day for the families of the miners, and this was a huge screw up by the miing company.

But am i the only one who is a bit sickened by the fact that less than 12 hours after learning of a family members death, some of these people are already talking about lawsuits?

But am i the only one who is a bit sickened by the fact that less than 12 hours after learning of a family members death, some of these people are already talking about lawsuits?

552281[/snapback]

It took them 12 hours before they started talking about lawsuits? People are slipping. :pirate:

My Grandfather was a miner in PA most his life, he died of Black Lung before I was born.  From the stories I heard of him working sometimes 7 mi. from the main mineshaft, and digging areas 2 ft high, I grew up with a great respect for miners. 

My prayers are with them and their families.

551493[/snapback]

May God rest the soul of your Grandfather, who was brave enough to take such risk for his family.

If left to their own devices, these companies would no doubt still be sending our children in there.

552138[/snapback]

Agreed. It sounds like the Governor jumped the gun in releasing the initial PR, trying to look good:

"All of a sudden we heard the families in a euphoric state, and all the shouting and screaming and joyfulness, and I asked my detachments, I said, 'Do you know what's happening?' Because we were wired in and we didn't know," Manchin said.

It took 12 hours before the media started talking about it.  I'm sure the ambulance chasers were there befoe the rescue work started.

552859[/snapback]

Then, the media is slipping. Usually, it is:

1) Find someone to blame.

2) Start filing lawsuits.

3) Make sure the lawyers hit every news camera to spin the news towards their clients.

4) Talking heads discuss the entire life of the person mentioned in step 1.

5) If there is time, start working on a plan to rescue the people.

Then, the media is slipping. Usually, it is:

1) Find someone to blame.

2) Start filing lawsuits.

3) Make sure the lawyers hit every news camera to spin the news towards their clients.

4) Talking heads discuss the entire life of the person mentioned in step 1.

5) If there is time, start working on a plan to rescue the people.

552896[/snapback]

Actually, (5) is usually interrupted by the next "disaster". Within three days, some American girl on holiday is going to be kidnapped in Bermuda, and the media will be saying "What miners?"

Always looking to get in front of a parade, I wonder who will be the first Congressman to step up and demand an investigation and the formation of a special committee...

552923[/snapback]

VA mentioned that he heard a congressman talking about that very thing this morning on the radio. Not sure who it was or what station.

Actually, (5) is usually interrupted by the next "disaster".  Within three days, some American girl on holiday is going to be kidnapped in Bermuda, and the media will be saying "What miners?"

552941[/snapback]

True. Attention spans are not what they...Oooh...shiney object.