Quiet prayer for the miners in WV

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

May know their fate at anytime.

Most of the guys trapped are in their 50's with about 30 years of experience.  Lets all hope for the best and they all make it out of their safe.

Gods speed.....

551479[/snapback]

a terrible situation, and MUCH more important than anything that happens in football. Hopefully they get out safely

My Grandfather was a miner in PA most his life, he died of Black Lung before I was born. From the stories I heard of him working sometimes 7 mi. from the main mineshaft, and digging areas 2 ft high, I grew up with a great respect for miners.

My prayers are with them and their families.

EDIT: Somehow, the story of the miners being alive was not true. Apparently there was a "miscommunication" from the rescue workers that stated 12 of the 13 were alive. Turns out, all but 1 are dead... unreal...

---------------------------------

My Original Post when the major news carriers reported the miners found alive:

Holy Crap... Live on FoxNews... sorry, no link... 12 of the 13 alive.

New link,... cnn breaking news

http://www.cnn.com/

edit: http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=1468315

This is such a great story (except of course for the one who passed away).

But the crazy part is, they found the man who died first, thus thinking that all of them were dead. Stories still on some news sites of "worst case scenario" because one was found dead...

About time you hear a good news story.

Miracle? That's a highly overused word, yet in this case it doesn't come close to describing what has happend tonight.

Yet, our prayers to the single miner, and his family that will not be reuniting this morning..........

First the news was far more than what anyone thought was possible. Sadly, the word now is that only one has survived and is unconcious, on breathing apparatus, and in obviously citical condition.

Tragedy......such a hollow word at times like these, but it's the best I can offer.

May God give strength and peace to all those who have lost a loved one.

Miracle? That's a highly overused word, yet in this case it doesn't come close to describing what has happend tonight.

Yet, our prayers to the single miner, and his familythat will not be reuniting this morning..........

551860[/snapback]

Definately a miracle. Big salute to those who work underground and in such dangerous conditions to keep this country moving along. Prayers go out to the family that lost something that can never be replaced. Country roads, take him home to the place that he now belongs.

Reporters (Watching CNN) are saying that family members are leaving the church, in tears. Fist fights broke out at the church were everyone was gathered at, between mine officials and family members. They're saying that a press conference will be held shortly.

As typing, another family member is talking with reporters, confirming that all but one minor (in critical condition) have died.

Another family member just said that the mine officials said "we're sorry for the lack of communication".

These mine officials should be put in the mine! What a bunch of crock, to say that people are alive, then come in and say to the effect, "We're sorry. Our bad".

Reporters (Watching CNN) are saying that family members are leaving the church, in tears.  Fist fights broke out at the church were everyone was gathered at, between mine officials and family members.  They're saying that a press conference will be held shortly. 

As typing, another family member is talking with reporters, confirming that all but one minor (in critical condition) have died.

551881[/snapback]

Yes, I went and took a shower and a shave, came back and the whole story has flipped. What a devasting tragedy, one that will be commented upon for quite some time, but for now all I can say is what a tragedy, a devasting tragedy.

Biggest Media Screw Up Ever.

551890[/snapback]

I can't really blame the media at all for this one. As Anderson Cooper was reporting, someone from inside the church ran up to him, a friend of one of the trapped miners, and told Anderson while he was on the air, that all but one were alive. Saw the footage myself. Then they went to the reporter who was at the church/command center, and she confirmed that the families were told that they were all alive.

This blame falls squarely on the shoulders of the mining company. The media, although it sounds horrible, were just doing their jobs.