JP says he asked if he could play

seq004

I'm listening to JP interview after the game on WGR 55 and it sounds like he was healthy enough to play. I'm paraphrasing it was something like "I tried to show the coaches I was ready to play. I went threw all the drills and felt fine but the coaches said were afraid he would get hit in a certain area and that was their decision but he was not happy with it." What a fuc&$#@ joke. As I thought he wasn't really hurt it was just MM's way of saying Holcomb would give me the best chance of a win, I hope he's gone. :unsure:

I'm listening to JP interview after the game on WGR 55 and it sounds like he was healthy enough to play. I'm paraphrasing it was something like "I tried to show the coaches I was ready to play. I went threw all the drills and felt fine but the coaches said were afraid he would get hit in a certain area and that was their decision but he was not happy with it." What a fuc&$#@ joke. As I thought he wasn't really hurt it was just MM's way of saying Holcomb would give me the best chance of a win, I hope he's gone. :unsure:

549228[/snapback]

We have wasted an entire year that SHOULD have been used to develop JP and threw a journeyman Quarterback into the fray. If this is true, MM needs to be shown the door. You don't draft a kid in the first round and lose a first rounder in the next years draft to let him carry a clipboard.

549228[/snapback]

I caught that too. :P:lol:

We have wasted an entire year that SHOULD have been used to develop JP and threw a journeyman Quarterback into the fray. If this is true, MM needs to be shown the door. You don't draft a kid in the first round and lose a first rounder in the next years draft to let him carry a clipboard.

549236[/snapback]

Why not? Home-town rooting doesn't change the fact that most qb's drafted in the first round do not become the NFL quality starters. If he is lucky he becomes a legit journeyman. Those are bad odds just to accelerate the development of a guy who history says will not be here in 4 years.

You let him watch untill he convinces you he is the best qb on the roster. The team comes first.

Why not?  Home-town rooting doesn't change the fact that most qb's drafted in the first round do not become the NFL quality starters.  If he is lucky he becomes a legit journeyman.  Those are bad odds just to accelerate the development of a guy who history says will not be here in 4 years.

You let him watch untill he convinces you he is the best qb on the roster.  The team comes first.

549268[/snapback]

He is the best QB on the roster... and you point is?

Why not?  Home-town rooting doesn't change the fact that most qb's drafted in the first round do not become the NFL quality starters.  If he is lucky he becomes a legit journeyman.  Those are bad odds just to accelerate the development of a guy who history says will not be here in 4 years.

You let him watch untill he convinces you he is the best qb on the roster.  The team comes first.

Holcomb proved to be a dud. So apparently what the coaches know means jack. Fire MM and some of the coaches. That was all I needed to hear.

549268[/snapback]

Yeah, let him sit on the bench when the team has no shot at the playoffs. How exactly is that the team coming first? The team's best interest is in getting its first round draft pick ready to play, particularly when the season is lost.

Not to mention it's very close as to who the best QB on the roster is and in that case you go with the young guy every single time.

just another example of what a joke the Bills staff and front office is. You have a kid who practiced all week & needs playing time and its the last game of the year and you sit him so your 10 year journey man can play (and throw 4 picks). Unfriggin believable.

If I was the owner and heard that I wouldnt have let MM on the plane back from the meadowlands.

549268[/snapback]

It's the perfect time to throw Losman in. Holcomb has had 10 years to proof he is starting QB material. We were all but mathematically eliminated from the playoffs by the middle of the season. It was the ideal time to throw Losman in and see if he is the future of this franchise.

I really thought that starting Holcomb the final two games was TD and MM plan/last hope. If Holcomb won both games they would have had the opportunity to make JP out to be the scapegoat for the crappy year. That loss probably saves us tortured bills fans from a year of watching holcomb be average at best and puts some of the blame right where it belongs, the organization and staff.

Thats what you get when you hire a Head Coach with management skills comparable to Bill Lumbergh...

Hello JP. What's happening? Um, I'm gonna need you go ahead and ride the bench Saturday at the Bengals. So if you could be there around nine, that would be great.

Oh, oh, yea…I forgot. I'm gonna also need you to ride the bench in New York on Sunday too. We, uh, lost some games this year and we need to sorta catch up. Thanks.

549268[/snapback]

Kelly

Elway

Marino

Mcnabb

Palmer

Manning

Vick

Big Ben

Brees

Bledsoe

Culpepper

Some pretty good 1st rounders taken their, but their are also plenty of Ryan Leafs and Akili Smith's

Thats what you get when you hire a Head Coach with management skills comparable to Bill Lumbergh...

Hello JP. What's happening? Um, I'm gonna need you go ahead and ride the bench Saturday at the Bengals. So if you could be there around nine, that would be great.

Oh, oh, yea…I forgot. I'm gonna also need you to ride the bench in New York on Sunday too. We, uh, lost some games this year and we need to sorta catch up. Thanks.

549306[/snapback]

Hopefully at some point this week Mularkey is working at Chotchkeys.

:unsure:

549268[/snapback]

Ahh, because there is such a high % of QB's drafted in rounds 2-7 who are starting in the NFL.

Try 3 out of 64 in the drafts from 99-04.

You're joking, right?

Not to defend MM here but, I can't help but wonder if MM's thinking was that this team is such a mess, playing him now may hurt his confidence more than he is going to learn by playing anyway at this point, so just let him sit to next year when he has time in the off-season to go slowly.

I do feel there is a point where playing in a total mess can hurt more than watching and I also think the Bill's were very close to that point if not beyond.

549306[/snapback]

:unsure::P:lol:

549268[/snapback]

So having a better shot at a 6-10 season rather than a 5-11 one justifies sitting a guy that we spent heavily for? Sorry, I don't think so. MM was playing for his job rather than for the longer term health of the franchise. I don't like it.