We started Holcomb

And with 4 interceptions we couldnt even beat the lonely jets?

547654[/snapback]

I think Mike Mularkey did what he thought was best for the team. It just didn't work out today. At least there's 2006.

Another wasted opportunity to get JP some game experience.  I can't believe the boneheadedness of this staff/administration.

547665[/snapback]

Another complete disaster.

Mularky tries to save his job by starting the wrong QB for a meaningless game and still blows it. That should pretty much seal the deal on pushing him out of town.

Another complete disaster.

Mularky tries to save his job by starting the wrong QB for a meaningless game and still blows it.  That should pretty much seal the deal on pushing him out of town.

547675[/snapback]

You guys are dead WRONG! ;)

It is plainly obvious (although the JP apologists on this board will disagree) that MM and the players themselves have no confidence in JP. Don't you think for one minute that JP would be the starter if the season was over and all he needed was experience.

So, that leaves this fan to draw the only logical conclusion... Nobody in the organization has faith that JP can play at this level any time soon. He's been tutored all year by one of the most noted QB gurus in the league and he still can't hit the broad side of a barn when he gets in the game.

Will he get better? Who knows. But the point is, he's not good NOW and nobody in the organization believed that 1 more game would make a lick of difference in his development.

People will throw out that Carson Palmer, Eli Manning, Drew Breez etc... all needed time to learn in game conditions... I AGREE 100%. But, they all showed steady improvement. JP has NOT! He started the year with terrible accuracy and poor decision making and finished the year the same way. This was a very poor pick by TD. That's the bottom line.

You guys are dead WRONG!  ;)

It is plainly obvious (although the JP apologists on this board will disagree) that MM and the players themselves have no confidence in JP.  Don't you think for one minute that JP would be the starter if the season was over and all he needed was experience.

So, that leaves this fan to draw the only logical conclusion...  Nobody in the organization has faith that JP can play at this level any time soon.  He's been tutored all year by one of the most noted QB gurus in the league and he still can't hit the broad side of a barn when he gets in the game. 

Will he get better?  Who knows.  But the point is, he's not good NOW and nobody in the organization believed that 1 more game would make a lick of difference in his development.

People will throw out that Carson Palmer, Eli Manning, Drew Breez etc... all needed time to learn in game conditions... I AGREE 100%.  But, they all showed steady improvement.  JP has NOT!  He started the year with terrible accuracy and poor decision making and finished the year the same way.  This was a very poor pick by TD.  That's the bottom line.

547826[/snapback]

Incorect, Mularkey put his fear of losing his job and some whining vetrans ahead of the future of this organization. Losman may be the guy, may not, but as of now we simply do not know. Another wasted season, a miserable record, and we go into next year in exactly the same way we went into this one, not knowing if our #1 pick will can play at this level sometime and knowing that we have no real alternative in his back ups. By the way, Eli has showed marginal improvement and has regressed as this year went on, Breez was a total waste till the Rivers pick lit a fire under him and Palmer has shown his lack of polish over the last 3 weeks. Losman has shown moments of brilliance and moments of sheer stupidity, as most rookies do. The point is, this staff has put their own selfish concerns over the good of the organization and for that, they must go.

It is plainly obvious (although the JP apologists on this board will disagree) that MM and the players themselves have no confidence in JP.  Don't you think for one minute that JP would be the starter if the season was over and all he needed was experience.

So, that leaves this fan to draw the only logical conclusion...  Nobody in the organization has faith that JP can play at this level any time soon.  He's been tutored all year by one of the most noted QB gurus in the league and he still can't hit the broad side of a barn when he gets in the game. 

Will he get better?  Who knows.  But the point is, he's not good NOW and nobody in the organization believed that 1 more game would make a lick of difference in his development.

People will throw out that Carson Palmer, Eli Manning, Drew Breez etc... all needed time to learn in game conditions... I AGREE 100%.  But, they all showed steady improvement.  JP has NOT!  He started the year with terrible accuracy and poor decision making and finished the year the same way.  This was a very poor pick by TD.  That's the bottom line.

547826[/snapback]

Well, if nobody has faith in him to be able to play.....and they don't put him in there to learn to play in meaningless games....how is he going to earn the respect of his teammates and coaches and become the leader of this team and why is he still here? Get him out of here and move on to the next guy.

I'm not going to sit here and tell you that I am a huge JP fan, but if you think he was put in a position to succeed this year, you are DEAD wrong. In fact, he was put in position to FAIL. He did not have a chance this year with the way this whole situation was handled. So, if the players DO NOT respect him and he isn't put in a position to succeed, you might as well dump him now and move on. He can't learn without taking his lumps. Just a FACT.

WHAT A WASTED YEAR!!!!!

We'll be right back here again next year saying the same thing. Good thing we have Holcolmb. He seems to be the answer.......has to be better than JP!!!!! I mean, 10 years in the league!

Oh, wait.......4 INTs today against a 4-12 team.....maybe his is not the answer. BUT WAIT!!!! The players believe in HOLCOLMB!!! Glad he got the start in this meaningless game today!

I brought this up before. So the team in the Miami game had no confidence in him when he led them to 21 1st quarter points, only to see the defense, play-calling, and Moulds piss the game away? And JP came in and provided a spark in the KC game. Are you telling me that, if he were healthy (I still say he wasn't, as per his agent), the Bills would have put him in after the 2nd INT by Holcomb, and at least the 3rd.

So, that leaves this fan to draw the only logical conclusion...  Nobody in the organization has faith that JP can play at this level any time soon. 

547826[/snapback]

Who in this organization has ever won anything??? All the veteran players whining because they don't want to be on the field while JP is learning the NFL game are pathetic. They couldn't win anything last year with a veteran QB and now they don't want to try someone new? Pathetic. They should all STFU because the team sucked before JP ever got here.

I'd rather watch JP's ups and downs than see another feel-good five yard pass from Holcomb to Moulds on 3rd and 15.

And, as has been pointed out several times today, starting Holcomb just resulted in another disastrous loss to a team that is much worse than us.

Who in this organization has ever won anything???  All the veteran players whining because they don't want to be on the field while JP is learning the NFL game are pathetic.  They couldn't win anything last year with a veteran QB and now they don't want to try someone new?  Pathetic.  They should all STFU because the team sucked before JP ever got here.

I'd rather watch JP's ups and downs than see another feel-good five yard pass from Holcomb to Moulds on 3rd and 15. 

And, as has been pointed out several times today, starting Holcomb just resulted in another disastrous loss to a team that is much worse than us.

548012[/snapback]

Well said!!!! It's one thing to be upset about the season, but to pin it on JP is pure unadulterated BS! The retard rollercoaster is out in full force. I say we need a house cleaning of these so called "veterans" who fail to grasp the simple concept of that you win as a team and you lose as a team.

I brought this up before.  So the team in the Miami game had no confidence in him when he led them to 21 1st quarter points, only to see the defense, play-calling, and Moulds piss the game away?  And JP came in and provided a spark in the KC game.  Are you telling me that, if he were healthy (I still say he wasn't, as per his agent), the Bills would have put him in after the 2nd INT by Holcomb, and at least the 3rd.

548009[/snapback]

JP came out in the media himself today and publicly stated he wanted to play yesterday. Fact is, he sucks and they don't think he can get better... mark my words, we have a new QB next year. Sad, but true... bye, bye Tommy D.

JP came out in the media himself today and publicly stated he wanted to play yesterday.  Fact is, he sucks and they don't think he can get better... mark my words, we have a new QB next year.  Sad, but true... bye, bye Tommy D.

549152[/snapback]

You are basing this on the fact that JP has not improved, and I think that's where your thinking falls flat. I'm not Sam Wyche, but I have watched JP improve with every game. If he wasn't being led by the flying lion on the Island of Misfit Coaches, he'd have continued to play instead of having people stand in judgement of him after four or five games. I don't believe that's a reasonable assessment by ANYONE's way of thinking.

I'm in the Mularkey-was-trying-to-save-his-job corner.