Burris on the pregame show-wow!

The guy just broke down on the air, talked about personal problems, suicide thoughts etc.  I've never heard anything like that before.

546662[/snapback]

????

As in problems he had in the past or is he currently falling apart? (Damn holidays...)

It happened so fast it was kind of shocking. If anyone else heard him please fill in anything I'm leaving out, or correct me if I have any misinterpretations.

It seems he's had alcohol problems, it sounded like his family broke up & he either thought or attempted suicide. He mentioned the Dungy kid's suicide relating it to his own problems. He ended up thanking those who hired him for the radio & was crying as they went to commercial.

It was around the start of the 11:30 segment.

It happened so fast it was kind of shocking.  If anyone else heard him please fill in anything I'm leaving out, or correct me if I have any misinterpretations. 

It seems he's had alcohol problems, it sounded like his family broke up & he either thought or attempted suicide.  He mentioned the Dungy kid's suicide relating it to his own problems.  He ended up thanking those who hired him for the radio & was crying as they went to commercial. 

It was around the start of the 11:30 segment.

546715[/snapback]

Cindy knows him personally. I hope she chimes in and lets us know what's up, and that he is OK.

Another friend of mine knew JB. His son roomed with him in college, and he said that Burriss is a great guy.

He played a couple of years with CIN. He had lost a step by then, but was well-liked. But he got a couple of bad concussions. The impression I got when he left, was that the B'gals felt it was best he be let go because of fear of furthur damage.

Hope he works out the problems. :)

I just happened to tune into 97 Rock for maybe the first time all season, and just caught that.

It was the roundtable, and AVP was talking about the Cincy game, I believe, and they went to Jeff next.

He said he wanted to take this opportunity to talk about concussions and depresssion, as Wayne Chrebet of today's opponent has just retired from that. He said he knows profoundly what it is like, having gone thru it and still dealing with it.

He got more emotional as he was talking, and mentioned alcoholism, losing his wife, losing his family, etc. He then brought up Dungy's son, and said he can relate. Choked on his words a little bit and said that he's attempted suicide twice.

At this time, he was then crying and he said he wanted to thank everybody for letting him do this job, and how much he loved them. He said that with all this happening, that this opportunity has brought him back to who he really is.

Then, as he was really emotional and crying he said "I know there are some out there who don't want me to continue in this job, but I really want to thank you guys."

It sounded like AVP was then giving him a hug and said "We love you, too, man."

Murph then said - We were looking for some New Year's perspective and Jeff certainly has given us that.

It was very powerful and anybody who heard it had to feel for Jeff and hope that things will continue to improve for him. I hope they do let him continue in his position - I'm not sure how he is, because I'm either at the game, or watch the road games on TV.

All the best, Jeff, and keep going one day at a time!

I just happened to tune into 97 Rock for maybe the first time all season, and just caught that.

It was the roundtable, and AVP was talking about the Cincy game, I believe, and they went to Jeff next.

He said he wanted to take this opportunity to talk about concussions and depresssion, as Wayne Chrebet of today's opponent has just retired from that.  He said he knows profoundly what it is like, having gone thru it and still dealing with it.

He got more emotional as he was talking, and mentioned alcoholism, losing his wife, losing his family, etc.  He then brought up Dungy's son, and said he can relate.  Choked on his words a little bit and said that he's attempted suicide twice. 

At this time, he was then crying and he said he wanted to thank everybody for letting him do this job, and how much he loved them.  He said that with all this happening, that this opportunity has brought him back to who he really is.

Then, as he was really emotional and crying he said "I know there are some out there who don't want me to continue in this job, but I really want to thank you guys."

Murph then said - We were looking for some New Year's perspective and Jeff certainly has given us that.

It was very powerful and anybody who heard it had to feel for Jeff and hope that things will continue to improve for him.  I hope they do let him continue in his position - I'm not sure how he is, because I'm either at the game, or watch the road games on TV.

All the best, Jeff, and keep going one day at a time!

546733[/snapback]

Wow...

Well I'll make sure to say a Prayer for JB...He was one of my favorites due to the fact that he grew up right next door to where I relocated (Rock Hill SC)... So when the Bills Drafted him I was thrilled!

From every single account I have heard about JB he is VERY highly thought of...I've spoke to his College Teammate Rod Smith a few times and I always bring up JB...Smith always had great things to say about him...

Hope he is OK...God Bless JB... :)

At this time, he was then crying and he said he wanted to thank everybody for letting him do this job, and how much he loved them.  He said that with all this happening, that this opportunity has brought him back to who he really is.

546733[/snapback]

I wonder if Burris might have been told beforehand that this was his last game on the announcing team? Seems pretty out of the blue, otherwise.