Donahoe and Malarkey to stay per PFTalk.com

freester

11. Donahoe, Mularkey Safe?

The curent thinking in league circles is that Bills G.M. Tom Donahoe and coach Mike Mularkey will be back for 2006, despite rampant speculation that both will be gone.

The thinking is that 80-something owner Ralph Wilson would rather stick with the guys who are already in the building, since there's no guarantee that he'll find better candidates on the open market. Also, Wilson doesn't have a reputation for handing free money to guys who get bumped off with time left on their deals.

11.  Donahoe, Mularkey Safe?

The curent thinking in league circles is that Bills G.M. Tom Donahoe and coach Mike Mularkey will be back for 2006, despite rampant speculation that both will be gone.

The thinking is that 80-something owner Ralph Wilson would rather stick with the guys who are already in the building, since there's no guarantee that he'll find better candidates on the open market.  Also, Wilson doesn't have a reputation for handing free money to guys who get bumped off with time left on their deals.

546336[/snapback]

Great another year of dumb and dumber. Well, all I can hope for is that the Bills turn it around next year and I have to eat my words. But with these two numbskulls in charge , I doubt it.

The thinking is that 80-something owner Ralph Wilson would rather stick with the guys who are already in the building, since there's no guarantee that he'll find better candidates on the open market.  Also, Wilson doesn't have a reputation for handing free money to guys who get bumped off with time left on their deals.

546336[/snapback]

Please... there is no point reporting here anything anyone says over there. Why would you go to a web page that is ... oh.... 75%-80% ads to hear someone write about "league circles". :w00t:

Please... there is no point reporting here anything anyone says over there.  Why would you go to a web page that is ... oh.... 75%-80% ads to hear someone write about "league circles".  :w00t:

546347[/snapback]

Some of the info is in fact reliable. While the site has certainly been wrong many times they are also the first to break many stories. I feel that if we win big tomorrow, both Tom and Mike save their jobs for one more year. This is why we are starting Holcomb-to save their jobs.

Please... there is no point reporting here anything anyone says over there.  Why would you go to a web page that is ... oh.... 75%-80% ads to hear someone write about "league circles".  :w00t:

546347[/snapback]

I hope this is untrue, I currently expect Mularkey to stay and Donahoe to get the boot, but who knows. Guess we'll find out soon enough.

Some of the info is in fact reliable.  While the site has certainly been wrong many times they are also the first to break many stories.  I feel that if we win big tomorrow, both Tom and Mike save their jobs for one more year.  This is why we are starting Holcomb-to save their jobs.

546349[/snapback]

Ok, please tell me how your snippet of "info" is anything but a bunch wordy crap? Because someone said "league circles", "rampant speculation", "current thinking"... Seriously, this stuff if for retards.

There is not a single person on this message board who couldn't have written the same non-committal, vague, anonymous crap.

I hope they both stay. TD has had some bad luck with injuries this year. He's made some great moves....fleecing Atl. for a 1st rounder for PP, taking that free pick and making it McGahee. Picking up Spikes and Fletcher. McGee the corner/return guy.

He let PW go in order to save money, and thought RE and the other guys would more than compensate. Who can predict injuries? He drafted wisely to prepare for the losses of AW and soon NC, assuming he can't sign him.

Drafted JJennings, who turned out to be a great pick, overpaid by San Fran. MWilliams was thought to be a great pick at the time, who knew he would be such a marginal player. The other linemen....well, they've really been mediocre at best, but look at Jason Peters, what a great signing. Also, Jim Leonhard, and a couple other street free agents from 2004 (Jabari Greer, one other safety, the DE guy) made the roster.

He's good at his job.

MM? I don't feel as strongly.

546347[/snapback]

So they are at least 50% more accurate than Mortensen then.

Ok, please tell me how your snippet of "info" is anything but a bunch wordy crap? Because someone said "league circles", "rampant speculation", "current thinking"...  Seriously, this stuff if for retards.

There is not a single person on this message board who couldn't have written the same non-committal, vague, anonymous crap.

546355[/snapback]

The sad thing is that WGR passes this joker off as legit by having him as an "expert" guest on some shows....

I hope this is untrue, I currently expect Mularkey to stay and Donahoe to get the boot, but who knows. Guess we'll find out soon enough.

546351[/snapback]

If Donahoe is fired, it's very likely Mularkey would follow. I don't understand how people would think Mularkey would stay, I mean, what are the chances that the new GM would:

A)Agree to take the job knowing he had to keep Mularkey or

B)Choose Mularkey out of all available options

I know some think Modrak might get the promotion and therefore, as an in-house hiring he would keep Mularkey, but Modrak is more likely to LEAVE with his close friend than take his job, IMO. Beside, Donahoe's biggest failing has been hiring mediocre head coaches, why keep his mistake?

I think TD and Mularkey both stay, but if TD goes, Mularkey likely goes with him, be it a couple of weeks later.

If TD focuses on fixing the lines, there is no GM in football who can better get the job done. TD has brought talent to this team, and I trust that by the start of next season our lines will be vastly improved.

If TD focuses on fixing the lines, there is no GM in football who can better get the job done. TD has brought talent to this team, and I trust that by the start of next season our lines will be vastly improved.

546433[/snapback]

Hasn't he had 5 years to fix the lines? He's done a horrible job on the 2 most important structures on building a football team...the offensive & defensive line and their is no excuse for that. Grade = D+ Hit the road.

Hasn't he had 5 years to fix the lines? He's done a horrible job on the 2 most important structures on building a football team...the offensive & defensive line and their is no excuse for that. Grade =    D+          Hit the road.

546448[/snapback]

YOu'll miss him when he's gone.....

Hasn't he had 5 years to fix the lines? He's done a horrible job on the 2 most important structures on building a football team...the offensive & defensive line and their is no excuse for that. Grade =    D+          Hit the road.

546448[/snapback]

Agreed.

Any class in football 101 says build the lines first if you want to build a successful franchise.

Donahoe has to do things his way...he's smarter than everybody else remember?

All you have to do is check his won lost record with the Bills...he's a freakin genius!!

5 more years!!!!

YOu'll miss him when he's gone.....

546457[/snapback]

The tears are already coming down. Their is no way any Bills fan will miss TD. Don't you see it doesn't matter who they bring in chances are he will bring more wins and all he has to do is get us to the playoffs once in five years and he's already better...so is it the 21 wins and 48 losses or 5 years and no playoffs that I'll miss? Like ESPN says though he's one of the best. I'm going to go ahead and say the next GM will have a better win loss record and that's all I care about as should you.

546336[/snapback]

Ugh...

Well... If that thinking turns out to be true it sure as heck goes along perfectly with being a Bills Fan...Because it's some pretty frustrating conclusions...

No guarantee that he'll find anything better? I cannot tell you who they are...But I can say with conviction...heck I can guarantee there is is better than TD and MM out there...No doubt about it...

Wilson does not like to hand out "free" money? How about Cost of doing poor Business Ralph? Funny how an Owner can allow GM's to make mistakes that cost them Millions in Dead Cap Money every year...Then they worry about dead money from their own mistakes? Priceless...

Well obviously I hope this bunch can turn it around in 2006 if they stay...But I doubt it will happen...And if they can't, The Bills will officially graduate to the Top tier of NFL laughing stocks...I wish Mr. Wilson the best of luck if that happens, because if he thought the Fan Base was enraged this Year...He ain't seen nothin' yet... :w00t:

The tears are already coming down. Their is no way any Bills fan will miss TD. Don't you see it doesn't matter who they bring in chances are he will bring more wins and all he has to do is get us to the playoffs once in five years and he's already better...so is it the 21 wins and 48 losses or 5 years and no playoffs that I'll miss? Like ESPN says though he's one of the best. I'm going to go ahead and say the next GM will have a better win loss record and that's all I care about as should you.

546461[/snapback]

We'll see!

Wilson does not like to hand out "free" money? How about Cost of doing poor Business Ralph? Funny how an Owner can allow GM's to make mistakes that cost them Millions in Dead Cap Money every year...Then they worry about dead money from their own mistakes? Priceless...

546468[/snapback]

Maybe Ralph ought to get entirely new coaches and front office AND THEN raise prices to pay for them. Then go tell fans that they got what they want now pay for it. If only there would be some way to charge media as well maybe put in a media-only parking garage and charge the media to park there.

Way too many people are trying to tell Ralph/Bills what he should do when NONE OF THEM know as much as people in the profession.

Agreed.

Any class in football 101 says build the lines first if you want to build a successful franchise.

546458[/snapback]

The QB is also an important ingredient to the mix. They started wth Rob Johnson, followed by Drew Bledsoe, and now a controversial J.P. Losman and Kelly Holcomb dual.

If the lines were the problem....why have they switched QB?