Vince Young and other odds and ends

major

If he declares for the draft, I say we draft Vince Young and trade away JP Losman for an offensive lineman or two.

545868[/snapback]

Sure why not...while we are at it we can bring Marv back to runthe team and Jim Kelly will be the new QBs coach... :lol:

We could probably pick Young up in the 3rd or 4th round. He is way overrated by the media! I don't think most GMs will be jumping on his bandwagon.

That being said if we pick up any position other than OL or DL on day 1 of the draft I will be buying a new TV to replace the one I destroy watching the draft.

Apologies to BlueFire, but I'm hoping that Texas loses in the Rose Bowl so Young might stay. And from what I have heard, including when his parents were interviewed, he's heavily leaning toward staying for his senior year -- but the allure of NFL money could seduce saints. I don't know what kind of dream world others live in, but he's not going to be there in the 3rd or 4th. Depending on his performances from now 'til the draft, he could go anywhere from early 1st to early in the 2nd.

You naysayers can say what you want, but I like what I've seen from him. Michael Vick with an arm. I'd like it if he stayed another year and if JP doesn't show progress next year, we might consider Young in the '07 draft.

Apologies to BlueFire, but I'm hoping that Texas loses in the Rose Bowl so Young might stay. And from what I have heard, including when his parents were interviewed, he's heavily leaning toward staying for his senior year -- but the allure of NFL money could seduce saints. I don't know what kind of dream world others live in, but he's not going to be there in the 3rd or 4th. Depending on his performances from now 'til the draft, he could go anywhere from early 1st to early in the 2nd.

You naysayers can say what you want, but I like what I've seen from him. Michael Vick with an arm. I'd like it if he stayed another year and if JP doesn't show progress next year, we might consider Young in the '07 draft.

545893[/snapback]

I would not be suprised if vince stays put one more year and puts together another NC/Heisman run, especially if they lose to USC this year. the kid seems to have a level head on his shoulders, but we'll see what comes up in the coming weeks.

545893[/snapback]

Michael Vick quite probably has the best arm in today's NFL. That's not at all a problem for him. Reading a defense is another story entirely.

Michael Vick & Carson Palmer have the two strongest throwing arms in the game and I'm pretty sure that the reference above to getting Young in the 3rd or 4th was pure sarcasim. Every projection I've seen has him at a top ten pick if he were to declare for the draft. To the orignial poster--As for trading Losman for one or TWO lineman, are you hoping we can pull of a deal and land someone like Mike Pucillo from Cleveland?

If he declares for the draft, I say we draft Vince Young and trade away JP Losman for an offensive lineman or two.

545868[/snapback]

Worst. Idea. Ever.

Vince Young is several developmental years away from being a good starting QB. Whoever does draft him is going to have to spend a long time working with him because he's going to learn pretty quickly that all the things he gets away with in college aren't going to work against NFL defenses.

Not to mention that he's currently dumb enough to give USC bulletin board material on a daily basis.

545893[/snapback]

Vince is gonna stay, win or lose. :w00t:

Michael Vick quite probably has the best arm in today's NFL.  That's not at all a problem for him.  Reading a defense is another story entirely.

545909[/snapback]

I was about to say the same thing...though I would have gone with accuracy as his primary problem.