Ngata - After Last Night

PISSCHUNK

Umm, just a question here... Isn't a "run stuffing DT" supposed to occupy blockers, hold (not necessarily advance) the line of scrimmage and clog the running lanes?  :doh:

Sounds kinda like what you guys were saying he was doing.  :( I see the score at halftime is also 7-3 Oregon. Might that be due in part to some good defensive play by the Oregon defense?

545379[/snapback]

He's doing exactly that, I mean what do people expect? I'm sure Pat Williams didn’t look super human either, but he let Sam free lance. Ngata is playing exactly like the player we need at DT right now.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The advertising indicates he is also a pretty darned good inside pass rusher. That is one thing I really haven't seen him doing. Oregon is stopping the run very well, but the Oklahoma QB has time to pass and he is making completions.

545386[/snapback]

Gotcha. Fair enough... I think I'm gonna check out the 2nd half and keep an eye on him.

He's doing exactly that, I mean what do people expect?  I'm sure Pat Williams didn’t look super human either, but he let Sam free lance. Ngata is playing exactly like the player we need at DT right now.

545387[/snapback]

I expected a mean streak to be shown... haven't seen that yet either. :doh:

I know, it's only one half of one game. :(

if it was up to ad i'm sure roscoe parrish would be moved to dt

545390[/snapback]

Your neighbor called. She said I should ignore her friend's re-tarded son because he's disappointed he didn't medal in same sex partner ball room dancing event at the Internet Idiot Olympics.

Get over it man. I have faith you can do it. It's just one event and there's always next year.

That is what I have been waiting to see.......fought off a double team and made a solo tackle.

545404[/snapback]

Did you see the screen recognition in the first half? He would have destroyed Peterson but the pass was low. He also showed good straight ahead speed as a lead blocker on a fake punt attempt. He successfully kicked out his man and sprung the punter for a first down.

Well, he has looked OK tonight. He has made some fantastic plays, but looks like he hasn't gone all out on others. Not sure what to think yet. In other games this year he has looked dominant. Tonight he has just looked above average (if that makes sense).

Depends where we end up picking I guess. If we get him at 11-14, great, but 7-11 is not so great. I'm looking for an impact player, specifically OT if possible. Seems as though this draft it is good to have a top 5-6 pick and after that it might be better to get more picks.....we'll have to see where we are slotted after this weekend.

No doubt we need DT more than DE, but so far I liked what I saw from Kiwanuka the other night more than Nata... just a snapshot observation, I don't follow either team.

545362[/snapback]

The thing that impresses so much about Kiwi is his prusuit against the run.

Well, I haven't been real impressed tonight. I think I need more, especially from a top 10 pick....cause that is probably where he will go. I do see potential though....just not sure he is as dominant as what we need at this point....we'll see.

We will be very lucky if we can get this kid.

Doesn't give up any ground when double-teamed, and forces teams to run to the outside where your speed guys can get through the blocks and stuff the cutback lanes.

This is what we have been missing, but I doubt he will fall far enough to land in our lap.

I would actually like to see us pick up two defensive tackles in this draft. There is certainly enough depth at that position with some solid prospects. If they address the defensive line this year, our offense will not be under the pressure it was this year to try to score every time they hit the field - just play smart and let your defense keep it close. Besides Big Mike Williams and Jason Peters should teach us that choosing offensive linemen is more of a crap shoot in the draft than grabbing defensive tackles that can contribute. Williams is a bust (so far) at number 4 overall, and Peters is succeeding as an undrafted talent.

This year plain sucked watching teams roll up the yards on our pathetic excuse of a defense. Mularky's offense (once he finds it) is not designed for shootouts. I pray they do not draft some 90 pound punt returner this year.

Your neighbor called.  She said I should ignore her friend's re-tarded son because he's disappointed he didn't medal in same sex partner ball room dancing event at the Internet Idiot Olympics.

Get over it man.  I have faith you can do it.  It's just one event and there's always next year.

545414[/snapback]

Elton John called and said he's tired of being gay cause you never take off your belt buckle, and asked that you please leave him alone

I'd love to get him - but I also need an instant fix for the D-Line. Has a Rookie DT ever won Defensive Rookie of the year or made a noticable difference for that matter? I remember McFarlend in Tampa, but he had flashes while lining up next to Sapp in his prime...Anyone?